Brothers Kicked Off HGTV Channel Over Anti-Gay Remarks.

Gays are going to overplay their bullying. They won't be able to help themselves.

Apparently, the twins have been very outspoken, including protesting outside abortion clinics -
Check out this site with tape of them and their father.

David & Jason Benham: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | HEAVY

They're against murdering unborn babies! BASTARDS!!

The fucking nazi's !

"unborn babies"?

I had to guffaw years ago when I read somebody somewhere wrote about the "rights of the unborn individual". I see oxymoronity has become commonplace.

Apparently, the twins have been very outspoken, including protesting outside abortion clinics -

And apparently the more that gets known about, the riskier commercial TV sees them.

Again, simple business equation. After all HGTV is not in the business of politics (or religion).

I wasn't aware that their beliefs were broadcast over the HGTV network. :eusa_whistle:

They're not. That's the point.

Not following?

If these two guys (or whoever) start getting identified in the public mind with a certain political position, especially if that position is polarizing, then the host (HGTV here) becomes identified with that position. That's what they want to avoid.

I saw interview with them tonight they don't seem broken up over it they wished HGTV well and said they were in talks with a couple of other networks to pick up the show they showed a lot of class about it.

"unborn babies"?

I had to guffaw years ago when I read somebody somewhere wrote about the "rights of the unborn individual". I see oxymoronity has become commonplace.

So abortion is okay with you right up until birth ?

I'm not commenting on abortion; I'm not female (despite Papageorgio's hitting on me). I commented on the oxymoron.

Or don't you see it?

Well, some people do see the unborn and the born pretty much equally.

So abortion is okay with you right up until birth ?

I'm not commenting on abortion; I'm not female (despite Papageorgio's hitting on me). I commented on the oxymoron.

Or don't you see it?

Well, some people do see the unborn and the born pretty much equally.

OK to spell it out... you cannot be a "baby" if you haven't yet been born. But the old one is still a classic-- a fetus gestating in the womb, utterly dependent on its mother for existence, is anything but an "individual". Very much the opposite.

I just find that kind of terminology hilarious. Same with redundancies like "free gift" or "PIN number".

(/offtopic)

Last edited:
Why do discussions about the church of LGBT blackmailing people out of careers always wind up talking about abortions?

Just curious...

I'm trying to follow this thread. Are these twins trying to stop gays from having an abortion? Don't get me wrong, I could actually see the right taking that position, but, well...just wondering.

Twin brothers David and Jason Benham have lost their opportunity to host their own HGTV show.

The brothers ran afoul of the network after the site Right Wing Watch published a post about the pair, labeling David Benham as an "anti-gay, anti-choice extremist" for reportedly leading a prayer rally in 2012 outside of the Democratic National Convention held in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The site posted a recording of Benham talking to a talk show host about "homosexuality and its agenda that is attacking the nation" and "demonic ideologies" taking hold in colleges and public schools.

Benham also discusses the fight for North Carolina's Amendment One, which involved a ban on same-sex marriage and civil unions in the state constitution.

The Benham brothers were the planned stars of the HGTV show "Flip It Forward," set to premiere in October, in which they would have helped families purchase homes they otherwise could not afford.

Oh well, one more TV channel deleted from my FAVORITES LIST. Looks like free speech really has been taking a beating in the private enterprise world lately. Hopefully, HGTV will reconsider this ridiculous action and bring the show back on. Or some other network will air it.

As the brothers themselves said >> "With all of the grotesque things that can be seen and heard on television today you would think there would be room for two twin brothers who are faithful to our families, committed to biblical principles, and dedicated professionals. If our faith costs us a television show then so be it."

Benham brothers lose HGTV show after 'anti-gay' remarks - CNN.com

Screw HGTV. I don't believe I ever watched anything on that channel but I'll to it that I won't support them in the future. I don't believe in firing folks just because they don't share an opinion.

HGTV is owned by E. W. Scripps, but many of their producers and show runners are deeply religious, especially on House Hunters. Yet, HH often has gay couples. HGTV knows their primary viewers are women and gay men, educated and with above average income. They know who feeds them and have the intelligence to not let personal beliefs get in their way.

The Benham's? Glad they got their say. Sucks when you gotta hide behind the first amendment to defend your own bigotry, huh boys?

Here's one of them:

But don't worry...looks like you guys have a new hero(es). Until, of course, they turn out racist.

Ex-HGTV hosts: 'If our faith costs us a TV show, so be it' | Fox News

And let's be thankful they're not as bad as their dad, who blamed 9/11 on abortion.

Yup. He did.

HGTV's primary viewers are gays ? Why would that be ? Sounds unlikely.

As for bigotry, I don't see any. Nothing wrong with calling homosexuality what it is. A sexual perversion, practiced by mentally deranged perverts. Defining things as they are, isn't bigotry.

Last edited by a moderator:

No wonder HGTV didn't want anything to do with them.

I'm actually not in favor of being fired for your beliefs but their employer has the right to fire them without cause.

If you want to get upset, start with that fact.

Agreed ex ept for the fact that the station caved to activists. I would have had more repect for the station if they weren't coerced.

Hey, it's commercial TV; not the place to look for backbone. Their thing is to infest minds with innocuous mind-numbing lowest common denominator swill. They're not about to make waves in any way; that would call attention to the man behind the curtain. And that would never do.

Forum List

Back