Build the liberator in your mother's basement

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Meet The 'Liberator': Test-Firing The World's First Fully 3D-Printed Gun - Forbes
liberatorforbes1.jpg

The Liberator fired a standard .380 handgun round without visible damage, though it also misfired on another occasion when the firing pin failed to hit the primer cap in the loaded cartridge due a misalignment in the hammer body, resulting in an anti-climactic thunk.

Feds defend decision to scrub 3D gun plans from Internet | Fox News
Plans for the gun were posted online this week by Cody Wilson, founder of Defense Distributed. More than 100,000 copies of the plans for the world's first 3D-printed handgun, The Liberator, were downloaded before it had its liberty taken away by the government.
Why did they bother?

Defense Distributed
HOME OF THE WIKI WEAPON PROJECT

The nutters will want for every terrorist and drug runner to have this but really, seems to me that this will do the most damage to countries other than the US.

For the most part, this is a silly waste of time and money and will quietly die out.

The nutters can kill more children with this one. And, its a lot cheaper.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1wV3lmbSv4]$7 12-Gauge Zip Gun Homemade Shotgun - YouTube[/ame]

While this zip gun was made in our shop, it certainly could have been homemade. It uses off-the-shelf tubing and a welded on endcap which holds the modified screw firing pin. The $7 price tag is for materials only. Please note that in the U.S. this is considered an NFA firearm and would be illegal to make without the proper paperwork. Any questions about what that means can be answered on the BATFE's website (Home | ATF).

The nutters will want for every terrorist and drug runner to have this but really, seems to me that this will do the most damage to countries other than the US.

Well that's a big fat lie, but not a surprise.

As for "building one in your mother's basement," I suppose you could, if you could afford the $8,000.00 (used) and up for the printer.

Meet The 'Liberator': Test-Firing The World's First Fully 3D-Printed Gun - Forbes
liberatorforbes1.jpg

The Liberator fired a standard .380 handgun round without visible damage, though it also misfired on another occasion when the firing pin failed to hit the primer cap in the loaded cartridge due a misalignment in the hammer body, resulting in an anti-climactic thunk.

Plans for the gun were posted online this week by Cody Wilson, founder of Defense Distributed. More than 100,000 copies of the plans for the world's first 3D-printed handgun, The Liberator, were downloaded before it had its liberty taken away by the government.
Why did they bother?

Defense Distributed

For the most part, this is a silly waste of time and money and will quietly die out.

Think you can build one without the broken trigger like the one in the first pic?

liberatorforbes1.jpg

Why did they bother?

Defense Distributed

Think you can build one without the broken trigger like the one in the first pic?
yeah ....and I sure as hell don't want to fire that flimsy looking thing !! :eusa_hand:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to make one out of metal, in the garage, with basic machining tools?

So unless you make in in your mom's basement it won't work? I don't have a mom. What do I do?

Last edited:
Thank goodness the Banker Controlled American Government has already deemed this information dangerous and taken steps to stop it's dissemination.

An Armed Populace is hard to control and oppress.

Showing your luudite credentials again?

3D printing is here to stay, and it will only get better. In a few years you will be able to download, and print, anything you need.

2 pieces of pipe, a nail, some sandpaper, jbweld, and a power drill/dremel

You got yourself a shotgun...

Forum List

Back