Trump Tells Rally Crowd ‘You Have Smart Ones’ And Black Congressman Byron Donalds Is One of Them

Anyone that actually knows history. Didn't you claim to be a teacher once? No wonder Canada is a hot mess
Anyone that knows history knows this:

Republicans authored an amendment to officially make slavery a constitutionally protected activity. The Republican Party is the party of The Corwin Amendment that would have cemented slavery as a constitutional right.

A Republican president, with the support of the Republican Party, ended reconstruction. The Republican Party is the party of the 1877 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.

Once blacks got a foothold in the Republican party and gained some semblance of political equality, white Republicans took steps to purge blacks from leadership positions. The Republican Party is the party of the Lily White movement, a group of Republicans who worked to purge blacks from the party.

Which means that since you know history, you are being dishonest in your depiction of the Republican Party.

Anyone that knows history knows this:

Republicans authored an amendment to officially make slavery a constitutionally protected activity. The Republican Party is the party of The Corwin Amendment that would have cemented slavery as a constitutional right.

A Republican president, with the support of the Republican Party, ended reconstruction. The Republican Party is the party of the 1877 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.

Once blacks got a foothold in the Republican party and gained some semblance of political equality, white Republicans took steps to purge blacks from leadership positions. The Republican Party is the party of the Lily White movement, a group of Republicans who worked to purge blacks from the party.

Which means that since you know history, you are being dishonest in your depiction of the Republican Party.

You're just blabbering, let me help you out, what party freed the slaves? Hmmm? Jim Crow was all Democrats, don't sit there blowing BS and expect to be believed

Blacks have a "place"? Let me guess...on the Democratic "plantation" that they've been stuck on for the past 60 years? Democrats care less about blacks with each passing day. They're now the Party of Coastal elites and illegal immigrants. I'm curious to see how long it takes for you to figure that out!

Donalds IS a smart cookie and he does support Donald Trump. Intelligent black people should as well. Trump did more for blacks in this country than either Barack Obama or Joe Biden ever did. That's not "racism"...it's simply a fact.
It is not a fact. Biden has done more for blacks than Trump. Trump didn't do shit for us. But he told whites that he set a record for black unenmployment over and over. Obama started the reduction in black unemployment but had Obama done things specifically for blacks you disingenuous bastards woud have started whining about him being a racist. Only the very dumb black person would support trump.

It is not a fact. Biden has done more for blacks than Trump. Trump didn't do shit for us. But he told whites that he set a record for black unenmployment over and over. Obama started the reduction in black unemployment but had Obama done things specifically for blacks you disingenuous bastards woud have started whining about him being a racist. Only the very dumb black person would support trump.

You're just blatantly lying

Joe Biden was the one who liked to hang out with a member of the KKK...not Donald Trump and George Wallace was a Democrat. Care to try again? That one missed the mark by a country mile!
Wallace was a Dem more then 50 years ago, dope. And I don't hear Joe Biden sending racist dog whistles to MAGA bozos who kiss Trump's ass.

Last edited:
Former President Donald Trump said of prominent Black supporter Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL) “That one is smart!” — adding “You have smart ones” and without specifying what the “ones” were.

During the main event, Trump made a point of name-checking Donalds in the crowd, recognizing him as “a smart one” in a scene reminiscent of Trump’s infamous “my African American” line several years ago:

Good old Uncle Byron, he is one of the smart ones.

Does that mean he knows how to stay in his place and do as he is told?

The moment you used Uncle Byron you lost all credibility

Anyone that actually knows history. Didn't you claim to be a teacher once? No wonder Canada is a hot mess

No I have never claimed to be a teacher. I worked in banking and law.

But I did study history and I know that the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act were both passed by Northern Democrats and Republicans, and some Southern Democrats in the House and Senate, but that no Southern Republican voted in favour of either Bill.

In response, Southern Democrats opposed to rights for blacks, switched to the Republican Party, and have never left. They formed part of the right wing coalition that Reagan formed in order to win election in 1980 - Southern Dixiecrats, the Moral Majority, and the backing of the KKK, although Reagan publicly disavowed the KKK's endorsement.

Former President Donald Trump said of prominent Black supporter Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL) “That one is smart!” — adding “You have smart ones” and without specifying what the “ones” were.

During the main event, Trump made a point of name-checking Donalds in the crowd, recognizing him as “a smart one” in a scene reminiscent of Trump’s infamous “my African American” line several years ago:

Good old Uncle Byron, he is one of the smart ones.

Does that mean he knows how to stay in his place and do as he is told?
Only you libs would make it about race….

No I have never claimed to be a teacher. I worked in banking and law.

But I did study history and I know that the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act were both passed by Northern Democrats and Republicans, and some Southern Democrats in the House and Senate, but that no Southern Republican voted in favour of either Bill.

In response, Southern Democrats opposed to rights for blacks, switched to the Republican Party, and have never left. They formed part of the right wing coalition that Reagan formed in order to win election in 1980 - Southern Dixiecrats, the Moral Majority, and the backing of the KKK, although Reagan publicly disavowed the KKK's endorsement.

Well yeah you did claim to teach and your cred just went right out of the window

Dismissed

You're just blabbering, let me help you out, what party freed the slaves? Hmmm? Jim Crow was all Democrats, don't sit there blowing BS and expect to be believed
I'm not blabbering b----. I'm posting fact.
What you don't believe is irrelevant, the facts are recorded.

Robert Longley, The Corwin Amendment, Enslavement, and Abraham Lincoln, Updated July 24, 2019, How the Corwin Amendment of 1861 Would Have Protected Enslavement

The Compromise of 1877, Khan Academy humanities/us-history/civil-war-era/reconstruction/a/ compromise-of-1877

Jeff Charles, Lily-White Movement: Why Black Americans Left The GOP, Liberty Nation News, April 02, 2021, Liberty Nation News - Free Thinking. Free Speech.

Lily-white movement, https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/topic/lily white-movement/

And since your ass never owned a slave according to you and the other bigots, talk about the party that signed our second and third enmancipation proclamtions which would be the civil and voting rights acts.

A Democrat did that. In our lifetimes, not the long ago past that you and the other bigots lecture us about not living in when you get white fragility because we mention what actually happened instead of what you pretend happened..

After he signed those Acts what happened b----? Why is the south Republican now?

Well yeah you did claim to teach and your cred just went right out of the window

Dismissed
No she didn't. Shes wys sid she worked in banking. You guys make shit up about people then believe it's true. Just like some of ypu dumb asses think I'm a white female even as you look at my picture every day.

Forum List

Back