Building the Border Fence - A Public/Private Partnership

This idea should make liberal heads explode, the main reason being that it would obviously work:

US-Mexico Border Tighter Border Security Requires Mexico s Cooperation

To quickly secure our Southern Border, open the construction of the border fence to public and private sponsorship. Crowd source it.

If individuals, private organizations, and state or local governments with jurisdiction were allowed to finance construction of one mile segments, build out would occur quickly, leaving only a subset for the Federal Government to finance.

What do you think of this as a "power down" solution for a future Republican Administration?
BerlinWall1.1.jpg

This idea should make liberal heads explode, the main reason being that it would obviously work:

To quickly secure our Southern Border, open the construction of the border fence to public and private sponsorship. Crowd source it.

If individuals, private organizations, and state or local governments with jurisdiction were allowed to finance construction of one mile segments, build out would occur quickly, leaving only a subset for the Federal Government to finance.

What do you think of this as a "power down" solution for a future Republican Administration?
BerlinWall1.1.jpg

I was waiting for some numskull to compare the fence to the Berlin Wall. The former is intended to keep people out. The later is designed to keep people in. The later has the same funciton as a prison wall. The former has the same function as millions of fences surrounding millions of parcels of private property and also government installations.

BerlinWall1.1.jpg

I was waiting for some numskull to compare the fence to the Berlin Wall. The former is intended to keep people out. The later is designed to keep people in. The later has the same funciton as a prison wall. The former has the same function as millions of fences surrounding millions of parcels of private property and also government installations.

You and the East Germans are cut from the same cloth.

It is amazing that liberals are called 'commies', when it is impossible to separate the right in America from commie policies.

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.
Robert Altmeyer - The Authoritarians

BerlinWall1.1.jpg

You and the East Germans are cut from the same cloth.

It is amazing that liberals are called 'commies', when it is impossible to separate the right in America from commie policies.

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.
Robert Altmeyer - The Authoritarians

In other words, you couldn't refute my point so you spewed a river of personal attacks.

How beautifully liberal!

The idea that wanting to secure the border makes you "authoritarian" is too stupid for words to describe.

It may work, but it certainly won't solve the illegal immigration problem because most illegal immigrants in the US entered the country legally. When their visas and work permits expired they just remain here and nothing was done
I would challenge the adjective "most". The figures I found talked about 30% to 40%, regardless there must be other ways to solve this problem.
Make enforceable laws and enforce them. Have reasonable quotas. Track down visa expiration. Create a more usable verification system for employers and punish those that hire illegals. Provide permanent residence for illegal immigrants that have lived in the country for 10 years or more and are an assets to their community. Grant permanent residency to those brought into the country illegally as children.

All the laws in the world won't make a difference if elected officials refuse to enforce them. That's the only problem we have here: Obama and his ilk refuse to enforce the laws on the books.
The lack of support goes much further than just elected officials.

It may work, but it certainly won't solve the illegal immigration problem because most illegal immigrants in the US entered the country legally. When their visas and work permits expired they just remain here and nothing was done
I would challenge the adjective "most". The figures I found talked about 30% to 40%, regardless there must be other ways to solve this problem.
Make enforceable laws and enforce them. Have reasonable quotas. Track down visa expiration. Create a more usable verification system for employers and punish those that hire illegals. Provide permanent residence for illegal immigrants that have lived in the country for 10 years or more and are an assets to their community. Grant permanent residency to those brought into the country illegally as children.

All the laws in the world won't make a difference if elected officials refuse to enforce them. That's the only problem we have here: Obama and his ilk refuse to enforce the laws on the books.
For six decades the border hasn't been closed but it's all Obama's fault. I had no idea he'd been President for that long, or even alive?

For six decades the border hasn't been closed but it's all Obama's fault. I had no idea he'd been President for that long, or even alive?

Democrats are at fault. They are the ones who consistently do everything possible to avoid enforcing our immigration laws. From creating "sanctuary" cities to imposing amnesty by Executive Order, Democrats are the ones responsible.

I can remember when an 'ilk' named Reagan helped amnesty millions. Cheap labor, more people to raise the GDP etc. Issues like immigration keep people angry and not thinking about the small percentage of billionaires who have kept all the profit gains for the last 35-40 years, while the middle class has lost ground.

I can remember when an 'ilk' named Reagan helped amnesty millions. Cheap labor, more people to raise the GDP etc. Immigration keeps people angry at each immigration and not worrying about the small percentage of billionaires who have kept all the profit gains for the last 35-40 years, while the middle class has lost ground.

Reagan was succored by a gang of lying Democrats who promised they would seal the border. I hope Republicans are smarter now, but my eyes tell me they aren't.

I can remember when an 'ilk' named Reagan helped amnesty millions. Cheap labor, more people to raise the GDP etc. Immigration keeps people angry at each immigration and not worrying about the small percentage of billionaires who have kept all the profit gains for the last 35-40 years, while the middle class has lost ground.

Reagan was succored by a gang of lying Democrats who promised they would seal the border. I hope Republicans are smarter now, but my eyes tell me they aren't.

Reagan was more than likely charmed by a gang of major industrialists and big agribusiness to help assure a steady supply of cheap labor and to help destroy unions is more likely the reason.

Reagan was more than likely charmed by a gang of major industrialists and big agribusiness to help assure a steady supply of cheap labor and to help destroy unions is more likely the reason.

No. Libs think everyone operates from the same motives they do.

Who is passing amnesty by Executive Order? Who creates "sanctuary cities?" Who opposes funding the fence on the border? Who wants to grant amnesty to illegal aliens?

Democrats in every case.

Who is passing amnesty by Executive Order? Who creates "sanctuary cities?" Who opposes funding the fence on the border? Who wants to grant amnesty to illegal aliens?

Democrats in every case.

If the repub leadership wanted to get rid of illegal immigration, then they would have brought it before the supreme court decades ago. Good cop, bad cop. You gotta stop thinking republicans are anything but pigs.

Democrats in every case.

If the repub leadership wanted to get rid of illegal immigration, then they would have brought it before the supreme court decades ago. Good cop, bad cop. You gotta stop thinking republicans are anything but pigs.

they would have brought what before the court? There's no issue to resolve before the court. Sending illegals back to where they came from has always been supported by the court. Furthermore, who ever said the Republican leadership opposed illegal immigration? They're a gang of spineless weasels. The only thing that has stopped them is rank-and-file Republicans.

The bottom line is that Dims are doing everything possible to encourage illegal immigration. The idea that Pubs are responsible is too absurd for words. It takes a special kind of sleaziness to make such a claim.

Democrats are at fault. They are the ones who consistently do everything possible to avoid enforcing our immigration laws. From creating "sanctuary" cities to imposing amnesty by Executive Order, Democrats are the ones responsible.

REALLY?

pensito-infograph-gop-executive-amnesties.jpg

REALLY?

Neither political party has been successful in dealing with immigration. Our immigration laws encourage illegal immigration and allow administrations to create policies that should be in the statues. The system is unfair, inefficient, and filled with abuses and human rights violations. It's no wonder that states and communities across the country either ignore federal immigration laws or create their own.

REALLY?

Neither political party has been successful in dealing with immigration. Our immigration laws encourage illegal immigration and allow administrations to create policies that should be in the statues. The system is unfair, inefficient, and filled with abuses and human rights violations. It's no wonder communities across the country either ignore immigration laws or create their own.

Forum List

Back