Bump stocks fail at SCOTUS

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013

'The justices turned away appeals by a Utah gun lobbyist named Clark Aposhian and firearms rights groups of lower court rulings upholding the ban as a reasonable interpretation of a federal law prohibiting machine gun possession."

I agree, no real use for them.

I have no use for them either.

Not that I agree with the government ban exactly, but for all intents and purposes they're a stupid accessory that can only lead to wasted ammo at best, and in circumstances where self defense is warranted, stray bullets that endanger others.

Real full auto M4's would be better legalized than these stupid things.

'The justices turned away appeals by a Utah gun lobbyist named Clark Aposhian and firearms rights groups of lower court rulings upholding the ban as a reasonable interpretation of a federal law prohibiting machine gun possession."

The events that occurred recently at a soccer game in Indonesia kind of brings this into focus. Fan rioting is responsible for the deaths of ~125 people. Not to condone the LV massacre, but the death toll was in the neighborhood of 50. Why are soccer matches not being banned? This is not a new problem. Fan violence at soccer games has resulted in many deaths for years.

A bump stock is not a machine gun under the ATF definition so they are wrong.

Not the first time the judicial branch has made an erroneous ruling.

Like in the Miller case they said that Mr. Miller's sawed off shotgun was not protected by the Second Amendment because the Second protected firearms in general use by the military and the military did not use sawed off shotguns. In fact the military did use sawed off shotguns in trench warfare in WWI.

It won't end until machine guns are permitted on the streets of America.

The 2nd. amendment experiment in the children's schools must play out to some final logical conclusion.

Does it have to result in 100's of dead children in an elementary school by a group of shooters, before it's enough?

There's little doubt that the full automatic weapons are already in the hands of the extreme right Qanon and Oathkeepers, etc., regardless of any denial!

The events that occurred recently at a soccer game in Indonesia kind of brings this into focus. Fan rioting is responsible for the deaths of ~125 people. Not to condone the LV massacre, but the death toll was in the neighborhood of 50. Why are soccer matches not being banned?

Because Indonesia is not on the US.

Are you really this fucking stupid?

It won't end until machine guns are permitted on the streets of America.

The 2nd. amendment experiment in the children's schools must play out to some final logical conclusion.

Does it have to result in 100's of dead children in an elementary school by a group of shooters, before it's enough?

There's little doubt that the full automatic weapons are already in the hands of the extreme right Qanon and Oathkeepers, etc., regardless of any denial!
There is a dedicated forum for conspiracy theories.

I never had the chance to shoot with a bump stock, so I don't know what I'm missing. But what happened in Las Vegas shows us what can happen when a deranged person has access to one. Trump did the right thing by pushing for the ban.

"The Justice Department on Tuesday issued its final rule banning bump stocks — a device that was prominently used in the Las Vegas shooting massacre last year, which allows a semi-automatic rifle to work like a machine gun. Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker announced the rule in a statement Tuesday"

"We are faithfully following President Trump’s leadership by making clear that bump stocks, which turn semiautomatics into machine guns, are illegal, and we will continue to take illegal guns off of our streets," Whitaker said.

"Later, at a school safety event at the White House, he called it a "big victory" for Trump's administration"

I never had the chance to shoot with a bump stock, so I don't know what I'm missing. But what happened in Las Vegas shows us what can happen when a deranged person has access to one. Trump did the right thing by pushing for the ban.

No he did not. what if the guy on in Vegas had instead of shooting just thrown a dozen molotov cocktails made out of Everclear in to the crowd, would you support banning booze?

Does it have to result in 100's of dead children in an elementary school
The mental defectives that carried out these heinous crimes would use any number of other avenues to accomplish their insanity, duck. Knives? You know about those in Canada. Did you ban the knives or go after the perpetrators. Run along duck. Your assertion holds no water.
Do you have proof of that or are you just spouting whatever shit enters your addled mind?

Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker announced the rule in a statement Tuesday"
I have no use for bump stocks and have never touched one. However, this ban will prove to be ineffective. Other means will be found to carry out this insanity. A couple hours with a file will make any gun full automatic if the person is intent on carrying it out.

Forum List

Back