Burn the Koran on 9-11

Way to miss the point. If you're going to generalize all Muslims are the same along the lines of their radical wankers, you might as well be fair and do the same for Christians.

I don't think anyone in this thread is condoning or approving of what theocratic dictatorships like Saudi Arabia do.

How many of the MODERATE muslims speak out against the extremeist Muslims. can you give a number?

Nope, but these people do exist, even if you're not hearing them.

Sure they exist, and they are also against this mosque.

So you enjoy pointing out the intolerance of Christians. Do you give equal voice to the intolerance of other religions??

Why of course not...

Christians making asses out of themselves are still asses
Muslims making asses out of themselves are still asses
Atheists making asses out of themselves are still asses

Its when you judge the total on the fact that some are asses that we have a problem

I'm not asking you if you label Christians, or any other religious group, with a broad brush of generalities. My point is that you have favored discussing the intolerance of Christians, and avoided, if not defended, the intolerance of other religious people. Why??

Which religious intolerance do you want me to condemn?

The 9-11 attacks by Islamic extremists? I have condemned that
Israels settlements in the West Bank? I condemned that
China's abuse of Tibet? Done that

Fact is Christians have an extremist element who are not too pretty. So do Jews, so do muslims

Its when you condemn the entire religion based on ignorance of the religion and the actions of their radical element that we run into problems

Ya gotta love it, people are being brutally murdered worldwide, daily in the name of Islam... yet the Jews and the Christians are the problem. If we just let them have their Mosque at Ground Zero, the'll be happy and leave us alone.

Churchhill was right, appeasement is the hope that he crocodile eats you last.

Exactly

Exactly wrong.

Who is saying that "Jews and Christians are the problem?"

The fact that there are barbaric elements amongst those that practice Islam in no way condones religious intolerance, which is what you are advocating by banning a mosque being built in lower Manhattan.

You guys are clueless. America promotes itself as a nation of tolerance and freedom. The enemies of America say that Americans are hypocrites because they are intolerant and deny freedom to those who fundamentally disagree with them. When you ban mosques in America, you reinforce the arguments of the enemies who want to destroy America.

Way to miss the point. If you're going to generalize all Muslims are the same along the lines of their radical wankers, you might as well be fair and do the same for Christians.

I don't think anyone in this thread is condoning or approving of what theocratic dictatorships like Saudi Arabia do.

How many of the MODERATE muslims speak out against the extremeist Muslims. can you give a number?

So...... we have yet to hear a one, but hey.... give Islam a break.

One or two goofy Christian pastors, and the whole faith is a wreck.

Got it.

Ya gotta love it, people are being brutally murdered worldwide, daily in the name of Islam... yet the Jews and the Christians are the problem. If we just let them have their Mosque at Ground Zero, the'll be happy and leave us alone.

Exactly

Exactly wrong.

The fact that there are barbaric elements amongst those that practice Islam in no way condones religious intolerance, which is what you are advocating by banning a mosque being built in lower Manhattan.

You guys are clueless. America promotes itself as a nation of tolerance and freedom. The enemies of America say that Americans are hypocrites because they are intolerant and deny freedom to those who fundamentally disagree with them. When you ban mosques in America, you reinforce the arguments of the enemies who want to destroy America.

Uh.. why build a Mosque there? I know why, but I want to hear your answer.

Why of course not...

Its when you judge the total on the fact that some are asses that we have a problem

I'm not asking you if you label Christians, or any other religious group, with a broad brush of generalities. My point is that you have favored discussing the intolerance of Christians, and avoided, if not defended, the intolerance of other religious people. Why??

Fact is Christians have an extremist element who are not too pretty. So do Jews, so do muslims

Its when you condemn the entire religion based on ignorance of the religion and the actions of their radical element that we run into problems

And to clarify, there are far, far more acts of terrorism and barbarism by those in the name of Islam than in the name of Christianity.

But that does not mean that America should repudiate one of the founding tenants of this nation, freedom of religion, which is what all these people who want to ban the mosque are advocating.

Exactly

Exactly wrong.

Tolerance? Why would you tolerate seomone who publicaly states, repeatedly, they want to destroy you?

Clueless? Nah. You however, are gutless.

And to clarify, there are far, far more acts of terrorism and barbarism by those in the name of Islam than in the name of Christianity.

But that does not mean that America should repudiate one of the founding tenants of this nation, freedom of religion, which is what all these people who want to ban the mosque are advocating.

Do you people have a single drop of honesty in your body? There are , someone correct me if I'm wrong, four people on this board who want to ban the mosque, the VAST majority want the Muslims to say "we have the right to build this mosque, but in the name of peace, we choose not to in light of the fact that those who we wish to reach out to don't want it." That ratio seems to track nationally.

Why of course not...

I don't want you to condemn anything. I am simply asking why you choose to condemn one over the other. I don't know why you keep bringing up condemning entire religions.

Ask them. I'm not a Muslim. I don't give a shit what religion wants to put what where. I'm only concerned about how freedom is applied in this country.

Allowing a mosque to be built two blocks from the WTC site represents everything that is great in this country.

All the same empty meaningless rhetoric.

Many muslims like to say "Islam forbids the killing of innocent people", I'm asking for some one to prove unequivocally using Islamic scripture that non muslims are innocent.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/81748-islam-forbids.html

Well, some Muslims are for it, some are against it.

Got it.

Did you click any of the links? Any of them? They all present organizations and individual Muslims condemning terrorism and the radicalism.

Ask them. I'm not a Muslim. I don't give a shit what religion wants to put what where. I'm only concerned about how freedom is applied in this country.

Allowing a mosque to be built two blocks from the WTC site represents everything that is great in this country.

again

stop being dishonest if you want an honest debate. The vast majority of people do not want this mosque banned, they want the Muslims to CHOOSE not to build it. Are you really so stupid that you don't understand the difference, or do you understand the difference but just prefer to keep lying?

I really cant support burning the Quran .
America would be much better served if it were studied in chronological order with a copy of Sirat rasul allah open at the same time.

It is not the sane people I worry about...

Like I said earlier....you have a right to publicaly burn the Koran. Hey Rightwingers....you even have a right to burn the flag.

But it does not reflect well on you and it does not reflect well on your cause

How does building a mosque near GZ reflect on those who want it and their cause??

Now it's time for RW to bail on this thread because he just put his hypocrisy on center stage.

What a buffoon.

Getting personal now aren't we ConHog? Must be a case of your insecurity. It is also telling that your only ally on this thread is NoLA who is an open racist. I guess I can judge you by the company you keep.
In case you haven't been reading. This thread is about intolerance and judging others on the actions of their extremist elements. Show me where anyone who is involved in building the mosque were involved in the 9-11 attacks? Just because they are among 1.5 billion peaceful muslims is no reason to prevent them from practicing their religion.

Well, some Muslims are for it, some are against it.

Got it.

Did you click any of the links? Any of them? They all present organizations and individual Muslims condemning terrorism and the radicalism.
Yea with the same bullshit lines.
Islam forbids the killing of innocent people

Wow. Really?Somehow I think your position would be somewhat different if it were a Synagogue or Church.

Do you people have a single drop of honesty in your body? There are , someone correct me if I'm wrong, four people on this board who want to ban the mosque, the VAST majority want the Muslims to say "we have the right to build this mosque, but in the name of peace, we choose not to in light of the fact that those who we wish to reach out to don't want it." That ratio seems to track nationally.

Oh quit with it, drama queen.

I couldn't care less where people want to build their church or mosque or temple, as long as it isn't near my property because its too loud on bingo night.

I don't view the attacks as an attack by Islam on Christianity. I view 9/11 as an attack by barbaric people against the United States of America. So I don't care if they want to build a mosque there.

Wow. Really?Somehow I think your position would be somewhat different if it were a Synagogue or Church.

Well, not surprisingly, you're exactly wrong again.

It does reflect well on New York City that after what they went through they are not joining the "All Muslims are evil" group and are accepting a cultural center near ground zero. Police and Firefighters did not ask the religion of those they were trying to save.

Mayor Bloomberg made one of the most inspirational speeches of tolerance and the rights of religion in this country i have ever heard

Forum List

Back