Bush Says Republicans 'Frightened' Women

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Some Republican candidates in the 2012 elections "frightened" women, says former first lady Laura Bush.

Ya think????

CNN's Erin Burnett asked Bush Monday in an interview whether Republicans making social issues like gay marriage and abortion so central to the platform led to more than half of women voters voting for President Obama.

Yup. That and their continued support for "Trickle Down Economics".

In August, U.S. Senate candidate and former U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, R-Mo., received backlash when he made comments about "legitimate rape" rarely resulting in pregnancy. He later lost the election by a wide margin to Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill.

I think she would have won even without his comment.

Bush said that what she liked most about the Republican Party was that there's room for all opinions on different issues.

That comment reminds me of Henry Ford's comment that his customers have have their car in any color as long as it's black. As long as they agree with the nutcases that really run the party.

Laura Bush Says Republicans 'Frightened' Women - Yahoo! News

She 100% right. I know some Republicans think pro-life is a winning stance for them with women, but it a huge loser with them. Esp when many go to the extremes (which happens in every primary seasion), and say no exceptions!

Yawnnnnnn

Dems offer Food stamps and unemployment checks.

If that appeals to you, go for it

Some Republican candidates in the 2012 elections "frightened" women, says former first lady Laura Bush.

Ya think????

CNN's Erin Burnett asked Bush Monday in an interview whether Republicans making social issues like gay marriage and abortion so central to the platform led to more than half of women voters voting for President Obama.

In August, U.S. Senate candidate and former U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, R-Mo., received backlash when he made comments about "legitimate rape" rarely resulting in pregnancy. He later lost the election by a wide margin to Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill.

Bush said that what she liked most about the Republican Party was that there's room for all opinions on different issues.

That comment reminds me of Henry Ford's comment that his customers have have their car in any color as long as it's black. As long as they agree with the nutcases that really run the party.

I agree with her and even if I didnt I would not call her names or be disrespectful of her like the tea party has of our current First Lady.

Yawnnnnnn

Dems offer Food stamps and unemployment checks.

If that appeals to you, go for it

Seems like it appeals also to alot of your conservative brethren.

Food%20Stamp%20Use,%20by%20State.JPG

Ya think????

You really are quite a sad individual, huh? Can you not read or do you struggle with basic comprehension?

Wonder how long it will be 'til some asshat like Limbaugh throws her under the bus....

who gives a shit if he does?
and I'm sure you all would agree if she said some Democrats frightened woman too?
they scare the hell out of me

Ya think????

You really are quite a sad individual, huh? Can you not read or do you struggle with basic comprehension?

I can see now why you were run off of this site.

Forum List

Back