But, but guns

jknowgood

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2010
South carolina
Well liberals if you really cared about innocent lives.
facebook_-626772790.jpg

You might look at all drug abuse for those that MJ wasn't enough of a high.
Why would I want to do that? I have no interest in any of the other recreational drugs, but I know none of them are as lethal as alcohol and nicotine.

While I certainly wouldn't recommend that anyone use any substances which is known to be addictive, I know the potential for addiction is much greater in those individuals who are clinically recognized as addictive personalities -- and I've know a few of those.

You might look at all drug abuse for those that MJ wasn't enough of a high.
Why would I want to do that? I have no interest in any of the other recreational drugs, but I know none of them are as lethal as alcohol and nicotine.

While I certainly wouldn't recommend that anyone use any substances which is known to be addictive, I know the potential for addiction is much greater in those individuals who are clinically recognized as addictive personalities -- and I've know a few of those.

I have used alcohol in moderation and was addicted to nicotine for years. The day I retired I threw away my half pack of cigarettes and haven't had one since. Then I found out I was a diabetic and that was the end of drinking any alcohol.
Are you suggesting that MJ is not addictive?

An insight into the mind of a Liberal: Abortion is a right, owning firearms is not. Which one of these is specifically mentioned in the Constitution ?

Well liberals if you really cared about innocent lives.View attachment 78912
These are unreliable statistics. The CDC attributes beverage alcohol to be responsible for at least 88,000 deaths per annum, and rising.

CDC Features - Alcohol Deaths

PS: Death attributed to marijuana use: 0. Zero. None. Not one.

The FBI table isn't perfect either but I will use their stats on Homicide table 8 over the CDC numbers...the CDC has an anti gun agenda

I have used alcohol in moderation and was addicted to nicotine for years. The day I retired I threw away my half pack of cigarettes and haven't had one since. Then I found out I was a diabetic and that was the end of drinking any alcohol.

Are you suggesting that MJ is not addictive?
Absolutely. And a preponderance of medical testimony agrees.

Addiction is a condition in which an ingested substance imparts a biological effect on the organism over time, causing it to require repetitive ingestion to function normally (dependence). All of the recreational substances in current use produce this biological effect -- except for cannabis. (See, Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, Ph.D, Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard University (available from Amazon).

This is not to say marijuana is not habit-forming, which is a mental condition, not a biological effect. But there are people who find such things as coffee, tea, cola, sugar, and on and on to be habit forming and there is a tendency to refer to such habits as "addictions."

Both my late wife (a clinical psychologist) and I enjoyed the effects marijuana on a fairly regular basis throughout the sixties and seventies when it was decriminalized in New York City. When Ronald Reagan escalated Nixon's oppressive War On Drugs in 1982 we decided to discontinue using it for two reasons, fear of criminal prosecution and lack of convenient, inexpensive availability. While we certainly missed the effects of the euphoric tranquilizer we never experienced what might be called a craving or any form of distraction.

If marijuana were readily available to me today I would use it in edible form (I'm too old to be smoking anything) or I would get a vaporizer. With regard to the mention of smoking, I should say I smoked cigarettes for 35 years and quit in 1985. It was difficult to break that addiction but, as in your example, being able to do it proves I am not an addictive personality.

The addictive personality is manifest in any individual who believes he/she is "addicted" to marijuana and demonstrates the compulsive behavior of one who is actually addicted to some substance.

Last edited:

I just researched this and death by guns as a WHOLE(be more specific since there are million ways to die by guns) are in the triple thousands already this year. The information is false. Also those diseases tops the number of abortions used this year alone.

Yes...the Ferguson effect, Obama reducing federal gun crime prosecutions, Obama releasing thousands of felons and Obama bringing in more illegal immigrants caused an increase in crime...because the police are not being proactive.....this has been noted all the way up in the FBI......

That is why crime is on the rise...it is an election year and democrats want more crime.....

I just researched this and death by guns as a WHOLE(be more specific since there are million ways to die by guns) are in the triple thousands already this year. The information is false. Also those diseases tops the number of abortions used this year alone.

Up to 2014 ...the gun murder rate was going down each year.....as you will find from the FBI homicide table 8.....in 2025 the democrats and their minions attacked the police after Ferguson...and now the police just don't care.....the investigative stops by cops in Chicago are down 80%......as they are in all the major cities....

Up to 2014 ...the gun murder rate was going down each year.....as you will find from the FBI homicide table 8.....in 2025 the democrats and their minions attacked the police after Ferguson...and now the police just don't care.....the investigative stops by cops in Chicago are down 80%......as they are in all the major cities....

I wasn't saying that gun rates weren't going down, Im saying Gun deaths by this year isn't that low, and the post he submitted proven to be inaccurate.

whats the number of gun deaths discounting suicides which don't count as being a problem . Then whats the number of gun deaths that are legal self defense by cops and citizens that are just killing those people criminals that need killing . Whatever number that is left doesn't sound like a very big problem in a country with about 320 million people .

Forum List

Back