By 2030, you will see very few diesel trucks on the road

By 2030, no one that has a future in trucking will be using diesel powered trucks;

Until you can charge a battery as fast as you fill a fuel tank, this is nothing more than a pipe dream.

I don't know how feasible that is... But hell... This mother fucker lands rockets ... Something that likely should have been happening for decades. So..............

He's PT Barnum reincarnated and you've just seen his famous sideshow.. Here's the deal --

Go look any total EV manual and find out the charging times versus VOLTAGE/POWER ratings that you have available.. It takes 4 times as long to charge on 110V/20 Amps as it does on 220/40 amps..

At SOME POINT -- as you supply more power -- the battery melts.. But until you hit that POINT -- you're just losing LIFETIME on the batteries by pushing more juice in less time..

So he can DO IT ONCE and write off the battery loss.. But try doing that at truck stop with 220V/80Amp plugs and 22 trucks in the bay.. That should be a HARD HAT ONLY area !!! LOL... And maybe a racing fire suit...

I could get all woke on this.

Don’t the batteries need lithium, or whatever it’s called?

Mined by children in dirt poor parts of Africa.

Good lord. What you are talking about is cobalt. And it is only used in very small amounts in Tesla's new batteries. Tesla has a two sources of lithium, ample for it future purposes, here in the US. A lithium clay on the Nevada, Oregon border, and spodumene in the Peidmont area of the East Coast. They are conducting talks with the Indonesian government concerning a huge nickel mine there. Really fellow, before you post on something, you should do someting to repair your abysmal ignorance on the subject.

Well I would say ignorance abounds then if you think these government subsidized vehicles will be affordable in 5 years.....only for the elitist Dems.

I would say your ignorance can be rated as abysmal; Here are two electrics, neither of them Tesla's, that are well within the budget of most. They are urban vehicles, and the larger one competes head on in price with the base Tesla 3, which puts it at considerable disadvantage.

You bring a link of non Tesla shoeboxes and call me ignorant? Nobody is going to buy these stupid vehicles other than you elitist libbers.

LOL Damn, I see those little shoebox Smart Cars all the time. So there is a market for a small urban vehicle. And the average price for new cars in the US is over $36,000, and you can get a base Tesla 3 for $35,000. Yes, you are very ignorant.

Those are for folks who can afford 2 or 3 cars.. Ever try to take a 60 lb dog to the park and pick up dinner in a 3 wheel golf cart?

So where did all that govt subsidy go that Musk skimmed for 7 or 8 years now on the Tesla 3? Don't tell me the car suddenly became 50% cheaper.. He had to cut price AGAIN last year by 22%.. The US TAXPAYERS paid for his over-rated stock price because THEY didn't get the benefit of the subsidies. Musk's entire life is eating up taxpayer subsidies. ALL of his ventures.. That KILLS competition by choosing the narcissistic golden boy over others.

But BMW, Mercedes and others are about to eat him alive in Europe and elsewhere because they KNOW auto manufacturing, distribution, design..

By 2030, no one that has a future in trucking will be using diesel powered trucks;

Until you can charge a battery as fast as you fill a fuel tank, this is nothing more than a pipe dream.

I don't know how feasible that is... But hell... This mother fucker lands rockets ... Something that likely should have been happening for decades. So..............

He's PT Barnum reincarnated and you've just seen his famous sideshow.. Here's the deal --

Go look any total EV manual and find out the charging times versus VOLTAGE/POWER ratings that you have available.. It takes 4 times as long to charge on 110V/20 Amps as it does on 220/40 amps..

At SOME POINT -- as you supply more power -- the battery melts.. But until you hit that POINT -- you're just losing LIFETIME on the batteries by pushing more juice in less time..

So he can DO IT ONCE and write off the battery loss.. But try doing that at truck stop with 220V/80Amp plugs and 22 trucks in the bay.. That should be a HARD HAT ONLY area !!! LOL... And maybe a racing fire suit...

Good lord. What you are talking about is cobalt. And it is only used in very small amounts in Tesla's new batteries. Tesla has a two sources of lithium, ample for it future purposes, here in the US. A lithium clay on the Nevada, Oregon border, and spodumene in the Peidmont area of the East Coast. They are conducting talks with the Indonesian government concerning a huge nickel mine there. Really fellow, before you post on something, you should do someting to repair your abysmal ignorance on the subject.

Well I would say ignorance abounds then if you think these government subsidized vehicles will be affordable in 5 years.....only for the elitist Dems.

I would say your ignorance can be rated as abysmal; Here are two electrics, neither of them Tesla's, that are well within the budget of most. They are urban vehicles, and the larger one competes head on in price with the base Tesla 3, which puts it at considerable disadvantage.

Hawking ChiCom go-karts are ya?? That's American of you.. Want to see the forerunner of the ChiCom go-kart? It's an actual go-kart.. No diff..

Kandi-125GKG-yellow.jpg

View attachment 431949
In May of 2019, the average price of a new car purchased in the U.S. climbed to $36,718, with interest rates hovering around 6%, according to automotive information site Edmunds. That's up from $35,742 in 2018, which was already a 2% increase from 2017, according to Kelley Blue Book.

You can get a base Tesla 3 for $35,000. $35,000 Tesla Model 3 Available Now

You're averaging prices of shitload of Jaguars, Ferraris, BMWs, Mercedes into that $36K.. And you EVER buy an actual "BASE" model anything? Those are "fleet vehicles".. Not family cars...

You bring a link of non Tesla shoeboxes and call me ignorant? Nobody is going to buy these stupid vehicles other than you elitist libbers.

LOL Damn, I see those little shoebox Smart Cars all the time. So there is a market for a small urban vehicle. And the average price for new cars in the US is over $36,000, and you can get a base Tesla 3 for $35,000. Yes, you are very ignorant.

Yes, they work well in Paris, or London, or any place where the speeds aren't high, and the congestion is bad. However, outside of those sorts of areas they are useless. No room for groceries, slow, overall, not fun to drive, but, in an accident they are a ready made coffin, so I guess they have that in their favor.

No room for groceries? How much groceries do you buy in one trip? They have a back seat area. And I bet the back seats fold down.

I fill up the entire rear end of a Golf station wagon doing errands. MOSTLY groceries.. It's just barely big enough and I'm damn well NOT gonna go to the store more often during a pandemic.

LOL Most rigs get only about 400 miles per tank. Many get far less. The S and X get that right now, and that range will be extended with the new 4680 batteries.
Difference is, I can gas up my car/truck and be back on the road in 5 minutes, and be 100 miles down the road. While the EV driver must sit in his vehicle for an extended period of time waiting for it to charge up.

I drove to a wedding last year in Dallas and stayed at a hotel a couple days located just off the interstate. In the corner of the parking lot were several EV charging stations. I would see the drivers setting in their EV's either reading a book or taking a nap, while waiting for the batteries to charge. ... :cool:
Yes, at present it takes about 30 minutes to charge a Tesla S to 80%. But the new batteries will be faster charging. And, by 2030, they will be as fast as filling an ICE, and have far more range. For me, driving 300 miles is enough that I want a break. A cup of coffee and a donut, and the car is charged at the same time that I am. But, for those that want to go further, by 2025, Tesla and others will be doing that. In the mean time, the ICE's will continue to become more expensive, even as the EV's come down in price.

What's funny is we drove from Reno to Phoenix in a day. We got our doors blown off by a Tesla. We passed him in Hawthorne recharging. He passed us again.

We passed him in Tonopah. He passed us again. We passed him in Beatty. He passed us again. We caught up to him in Las Vegas.

We kept going. He had to spend the night in Vegas and he finally made it into Phoenix 14 hours after us.

Yep, they're fast all right! :auiqs.jpg:

LOL Most rigs get only about 400 miles per tank. Many get far less. The S and X get that right now, and that range will be extended with the new 4680 batteries.
Difference is, I can gas up my car/truck and be back on the road in 5 minutes, and be 100 miles down the road. While the EV driver must sit in his vehicle for an extended period of time waiting for it to charge up.

I drove to a wedding last year in Dallas and stayed at a hotel a couple days located just off the interstate. In the corner of the parking lot were several EV charging stations. I would see the drivers setting in their EV's either reading a book or taking a nap, while waiting for the batteries to charge. ... :cool:
Yes, at present it takes about 30 minutes to charge a Tesla S to 80%. But the new batteries will be faster charging. And, by 2030, they will be as fast as filling an ICE, and have far more range. For me, driving 300 miles is enough that I want a break. A cup of coffee and a donut, and the car is charged at the same time that I am. But, for those that want to go further, by 2025, Tesla and others will be doing that. In the mean time, the ICE's will continue to become more expensive, even as the EV's come down in price.

What's funny is we drove from Reno to Phoenix in a day. We got our doors blown off by a Tesla. We passed him in Hawthorne recharging. He passed us again.

We passed him in Tonopah. He passed us again. We passed him in Beatty. He passed us again. We caught up to him in Las Vegas.

We kept going. He had to spend the night in Vegas and he finally made it into Phoenix 14 hours after us.

Gives a new meaning to "stop and go".. It's like quick pit stop for a splash of fuel except it takes 20 minutes.. OR -- the dude just had bladder issues...

Tesla Charger Installation Costs
Each one handles 208 to 240-volt power supplies on a 60 to 90-amp circuit that requires a trained electrician to install. Electricians typically charge $65 to $85 per hour, meaning the total cost of installing a Tesla wall connector ranges between $630 and $1,100 for a basic unit.

90 amps at 240 volts, is still only 21,600 watts. At that rate, it'll take over an hour and a half to “pump” the equivalent of a gallon of gasoline.

Each one handles 208 to 240-volt power supplies on a 60 to 90-amp circuit that requires a trained electrician to install. Electricians typically charge $65 to $85 per hour, meaning the total cost of installing a Tesla wall connector ranges between $630 and $1,100 for a basic unit.

90 amps at 240 volts, is still only 21,600 watts. At that rate, it'll take over an hour and a half to “pump” the equivalent of a gallon of gasoline.

So why is the govt whipping me about light bulbs when my neighbor is hogging the electrical juice for 15 HOUSES at a time -- 3 days a week?? Or those PSAs about pulling unused chargers out of the wall to save 5Watts at a time..

Just leave me the hell alone if you believe EVs are an ecological VIRGIN solution to anything..

Gives a new meaning to "stop and go".. It's like quick pit stop for a splash of fuel except it takes 20 minutes.. OR -- the dude just had bladder issues...

They love to quote these long ranges, but if it's cold, they lose 30%, if they drive over 70 they lose almost 40%. They can only get good range when its warm, and they go average highway speed. The S blew by us at 90 mph, but then lost all of that distance advantage while recharging.

I refueled twice. Once for safety, and once because I had to. Olfraud loves to spew all of these ridiculous claims, and then when he gets caught he lies and tries to imply that normal drivers can use a Tesla just fine.

They can't. The S is a nice car. No doubt about it. But it's not a supercars, nor is Tesla going to do very well once BMW and Mercedes start cranking out their EV's.

If I were a Tesla investor I would be dumping my shares before that happens.

So why is the govt whipping me about light bulbs when my neighbor is hogging the electrical juice for 15 HOUSES at a time -- 3 days a week?? Or those PSAs about pulling unused chargers out of the wall to save 5Watts at a time..

Just leave me the hell alone if you believe EVs are an ecological VIRGIN solution to anything..

Exactly. And these silly people ignore one massive wrench in their plans, there's nowhere near enough grid capacity to handle all of those EV's.

They are living in a fantasy world.

They love to quote these long ranges, but if it's cold, they lose 30%, if they drive over 70 they lose almost 40%. They can only get good range when its warm, and they go average highway speed. The S blew by us at 90 mph, but then lost all of that distance advantage while recharging.

I refueled twice. Once for safety, and once because I had to. Olfraud loves to spew all of these ridiculous claims, and then when he gets caught he lies and tries to imply that normal drivers can use a Tesla just fine.

They can't. The S is a nice car. No doubt about it. But it's not a supercars, nor is Tesla going to do very well once BMW and Mercedes start cranking out their EV's.

On the speed issue -- there ARE "eco-settings".. Like the "I'm in the middle of fucking nowhere and about to run out of charge setting".. So I SUPPOSE there's an eco-setting for cruising at speed.. Just hope you can get to the button before that tractor trailer comes out of the Rest Stop.., LOL...

On the speed issue -- there ARE "eco-settings".. Like the "I'm in the middle of fucking nowhere and about to run out of charge setting".. So I SUPPOSE there's an eco-setting for cruising at speed.. Just hope you can get to the button before that tractor trailer comes out of the Rest Stop.., LOL...

Eco settings give you a short run to a charging station. What's really bad is if your battery goes flat, most EV's are stuck. They can't move an inch.

There are several videos produced in the UK where they test the actual ranges. Any that claim ranges in the 300+ range always come up short. Those that claim in the 100 to 200 range usually make the claimed distance, or surpass it by a little.

Eco settings give you a short run to a charging station. What's really bad is if your battery goes flat, most EV's are stuck. They can't move an inch.

There are several videos produced in the UK where they test the actual ranges. Any that claim ranges in the 300+ range always come up short. Those that claim in the 100 to 200 range usually make the claimed distance, or surpass it by a little.

Most anything Musk asserts has to be derated by at least 30%... :biggrin:

Most anything Musk asserts has to be derated by at least 30%... :biggrin:

Except for the bullet proof windows. Derate those by 100%!:auiqs.jpg:

What is really crazy is that those Diesel Trucks have to move a lot to keep the stores filled, which isn't hard when it takes 5 minutes to refuel, but when the unseen Electric 22' long Truck has to take at least an HOUR to recharge, the stores will have a lot of empty shelves in the future, or would they have to DOUBLE or more of the truck fleet to match the existing fleet of Diesel Trucks getting the job done.

What is really crazy is that those Diesel Trucks have to move a lot to keep the stores filled, which isn't hard when it takes 5 minutes to refuel, but when the unseen Electric 22' long Truck has to take at least an HOUR to recharge, the stores will have a lot of empty shelves in the future, or would they have to DOUBLE or more of the truck fleet to match the existing fleet of Diesel Trucks getting the job done.

Truckers not gonna BUY them if they spend all their time at Truck stops doing whatever they do at Truck Stops.. There's also transportation rules for numbers of hours on the road. MAYBE short haul..

...I do not know if I will live to see electric cars that can be recharged at a rate comparable to pumping gasoline into an internal-engined car, but if it happens, it sure as Hell will not be via any standard household receptacle.

I work in the electric utility industry, so I’m more than aware of the math. I’m also aware of the cost to install a charging station at ones home, as I’ve been involved in a handful of projects to do exactly that. It’s exorbitant and well out of most peoples price range.

I would never own an electric vehicle thst I couldn’t charge AT HOME. This is where I spend 99% of my time (165 +/- hours a week), so why would I buy a vehicle I had to go somewhere else to charge?

Yes, it’s an impossible request; just as the idea of me owning an electric car is an impossible one.
I see. You cannot afford $600 to $1100 for a charger in your garage, You have my sympathy for your poverty.

And what about the people who have NO WAY to charge a car at home? They have no garage...hell, they may not have a driveway!

Sounds like you passed an early S. This years top end S is going to have a range of 520 miles. And crack 60 mph in under 2 seconds. Plus do 200 mph on top end. Your European cars that will match that cost between 2 to 10 times as much as the S. And the S will be almost 100% American made.

I see. You are at your house less than an hour and a half every day. Gotta love you shit show "Conservatives". Tesla will shortly rival or even surp

Truckers not gonna BUY them if they spend all their time at Truck stops doing whatever they do at Truck Stops.. There's also transportation rules for numbers of hours on the road. MAYBE short haul..
LOL And nobody is going to buy any of the EV's that Tesla produces, either. That was your claim years back. Now Tesla has sold about 500,000 this year, and will probably sell about that many from just one of his giga factories next year. 800,000 pre-orders for the cyber truck. Over 2000 pre-orders for his semi's. But Tesla is going to go broke because no one wants their vehicles. LOL You guys continue to be the worst prognosticators on this continent. As far as how they will charge the vehicles, no problem. The major investors are already making the investments. The Great Reset: BlackRock Is Fueling A $120 Trillion Transformation On Wall St. | OilPrice.com

Forum List

Back