Ca Bypasses trump. Makes Deal With 4 Car Companies

Half the price of a well equipped 3/4 ton crew cab.

Yes hybrid cars are very affordable. They don't cost anymore than a regular gas car. They cost a lot less than a SUV or truck. People don't seem to have a problem with shelling out over 30 grand for an SUV or truck. I don't see the problem with 23 grand for a hybrid.

Because that SUV can pull my boat to the lake.

That fucking Prius has a hard time pulling itself.

Who needs that, simply rent a birth and save the cost of gas and the cost of the SUV and the storage of the boat.

Um the lake I fish at doesn't "rent births".

And I also fish at several different lakes anyway.
If you're just hauling a bass boat you don't need an SUV for that. The Prius will pull it.

The Prius can tow 1540lbs. My bass boat with trailer comes in at 2550lbs with no trailer brakes. The Prius can't handle it. Heck my Nissan truck couldn't handle it and I had to buy a larger truck just to pull it. No way could a Prius suck that thing up a wet boat launch.

Last edited:
Yes hybrid cars are very affordable. They don't cost anymore than a regular gas car. They cost a lot less than a SUV or truck. People don't seem to have a problem with shelling out over 30 grand for an SUV or truck. I don't see the problem with 23 grand for a hybrid.

Who needs that, simply rent a birth and save the cost of gas and the cost of the SUV and the storage of the boat.

If you're just hauling a bass boat you don't need an SUV for that. The Prius will pull it.

The Prius can tow 1540lbs. My bass boat with trailer comes in at 2550lbs. The Prius can't handle it. Heck my Nissan truck couldn't handle it and I had to buy a larger truck just to pull it. No way could a Prius suck that thing up a boat launch.
You need a lighter trailer.

The Prius can tow 1540lbs. My bass boat with trailer comes in at 2550lbs. The Prius can't handle it. Heck my Nissan truck couldn't handle it and I had to buy a larger truck just to pull it. No way could a Prius suck that thing up a boat launch.

Its the stock tandem axle trailer that it came with. Even an all aluminum trailer would be over 600lbs putting the total weight at 2200lbs. Way over what the Prius could safely handle.

So like I said, there is no hybrid or electric vehicle that would do me any good.

Oh yea, at high speeds the Prius does as good as my little run-around car, a Ford Fiesta. That car has gotten over 45mpg on the highway and its a 4 cylinder with a 5 speed. Dirt simple car. No huge batteries to replace in 10-15 years. Oh yea and top speed it will smoke a fucking Prius.

That 50mpg is only in town. On the open highway it gets as good as any other small car like the Fiesta or Fit.

Last edited:
I bought my latest car a year and a half ago. A Toyota Prius. It was 23 thousand dollars. New not used.

Which is basically the same as a lot of sedans. Much less than an SUV or truck.
That was last year, not future years when all the extras installed to comply with Caliunicornia's enviro-kookery will drive up prices ....But your virtue signal is duly noted.

My Prius already has all the required extras. I don't even have to get it smog checked.

I paid about the same price for my last Prius in 2011. This new one has more extras my old one doesn't have.

You're very wrong about this. An environmentally responsible car doesn't cost a lot of money. Trucks and SUVs cost much more.

An environmentally responsible car doesn't cost a lot of money.

How much would it cost to make fleet standards 54.5 MPG?

Right now I'm getting 60.8 miles per gallon in my Prius. I get lower mileage in the winter because of the mixture for winter.

So I say I average about 55 mpg in my car.

I paid 23 grand for my car.

I own a Volt, I’m at 73 mph lifetime for my car.

We got my ex a Volt in 2013. It's a very nice car.

That was last year, not future years when all the extras installed to comply with Caliunicornia's enviro-kookery will drive up prices ....But your virtue signal is duly noted.

My Prius already has all the required extras. I don't even have to get it smog checked.

I paid about the same price for my last Prius in 2011. This new one has more extras my old one doesn't have.

You're very wrong about this. An environmentally responsible car doesn't cost a lot of money. Trucks and SUVs cost much more.

Right now I'm getting 60.8 miles per gallon in my Prius. I get lower mileage in the winter because of the mixture for winter.

Mine is a 2013, we have had a few computer glitches but it does the trick. I think it is ridiculous that the state charges higher tags because they are a hybrid, but the state can't afford to lose any revenue even if it helps the environment.

Its the stock tandem axle trailer that it came with. Even an all aluminum trailer would be over 600lbs putting the total weight at 2200lbs. Way over what the Prius could safely handle.

So like I said, there is no hybrid or electric vehicle that would do me any good.

Oh yea, at high speeds the Prius does as good as my little run-around car, a Ford Fiesta. That car has gotten over 45mpg on the highway and its a 4 cylinder with a 5 speed. Dirt simple car. No huge batteries to replace in 10-15 years. Oh yea and top speed it will smoke a fucking Prius.

That 50mpg is only in town. On the open highway it gets as good as any other small car like the Fiesta or Fit.

The real issue is the amount of battery to pull hills or in my area mountains, it can drain them fast especially pulling a hill. My Volt will flatout haul when I put the foot down.

This is very interesting.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

I hope California is able to get more car companies to sign on.

California bypasses Trump to sign tougher mileage deal with 4 car makers
Your totally electric car that you've been driving since 2001 is energized by a battery that is made of rare materials that are strip mined from the Earth and the electricity used to charge that batter is primarily created from burning coal.

Long story short, you're stupid.

Also , CA and other states have long had their own emissions standards, long before Trump came around, and I've seen no indication that Trump has tried to change anything to where states can't do so.

Long story short, besides being stupid, you are also dishonest.

Put those two stories together and you have a Democrat for sure.

Mine is a 2013, we have had a few computer glitches but it does the trick. I think it is ridiculous that the state charges higher tags because they are a hybrid, but the state can't afford to lose any revenue even if it helps the environment.

I don't know if the state charges me extra for my hybrid for my tabs. If they do, I can understand why. I'm not paying as much in gas tax as regular gas cars. Electric cars don't pay any gas tax. We still use the roads and infrastructure we should help pay for it like everyone else.

The real issue is the amount of battery to pull hills or in my area mountains, it can drain them fast especially pulling a hill. My Volt will flatout haul when I put the foot down.

My Prius kicks butt when I put my foot down. Even when I don't put my foot down. I've been on road trips just driving and look at the speed and I'm doing over 80 mph. A couple times I was over 90. Not on purpose. Usually when I'm going down one of our hills or mountains.

You don't feel the speed in those cars so it's easy to be going very fast and not know it.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

Your totally electric car that you've been driving since 2001 is energized by a battery that is made of rare materials that are strip mined from the Earth and the electricity used to charge that batter is primarily created from burning coal.

Also , CA and other states have long had their own emissions standards, long before Trump came around, and I've seen no indication that Trump has tried to change anything to where states can't do so.

I never said my car was totally electric. I don't know where you got that but it's a lie.

Once I read a lie I stop reading. I don't believe anything that poster says.

As I've said all through this thread, I drive a hybrid car. I don't plug it in. It charges itself as I drive.

If you have to lie, how valid is your point and why should anyone pay attention to anything you post?

I never said my car was totally electric. I don't know where you got that but it's a lie.

Once I read a lie I stop reading. I don't believe anything that poster says.

As I've said all through this thread, I drive a hybrid car. I don't plug it in. It charges itself as I drive.

If you have to lie, how valid is your point and why should anyone pay attention to anything you post?

A mistake isn't a lie, I simply missed where you had stated that you drive a hybrid.

Apologies

I don't know if the state charges me extra for my hybrid for my tabs. If they do, I can understand why. I'm not paying as much in gas tax as regular gas cars. Electric cars don't pay any gas tax. We still use the roads and infrastructure we should help pay for it like everyone else.

The Volt is not a total electric car. It is more or less a hybrid. I also pay more than my fair share as my other vehicle is Suburban.

My Prius kicks butt when I put my foot down. Even when I don't put my foot down. I've been on road trips just driving and look at the speed and I'm doing over 80 mph. A couple times I was over 90. Not on purpose. Usually when I'm going down one of our hills or mountains.

You don't feel the speed in those cars so it's easy to be going very fast and not know it.

I agree, the move when you want it or need it.

Just look at all the unregulated soot spewing out of trucks, buses, airplanes and other non-commercial vehicles to see what a joke all this is. You're not polluting less, just doing it differently. Instead of polluting out your tailpipe, you are polluting at the electric generation plant that makes all that nice electricity for you, then you will be polluting when it comes time to get rid of that shitload of big, fat, heavy batteries you carry around!
I have solar. You are not considering all the options.

I don't know if you've heard yet but beginning in 2020 all new homes built in California must have solar panels on the roof.

That is why California will become a third world shithole because no one will be able to afford a home. They will all be living on the street of the cities in tents.
People keep saying that. It's been decades since California should have turned into a place where nobody could buy a car or a home. Or have a job. Careful, that whole 'sky is falling'............

Did you know the beaches are closed in California because of all the homeless shitting in the streets?

Not just a California problem. The Texas beaches are also full of shit.

How safe are Texas' beaches? Report finds high levels of bacteria that can put swimmers at risk

And you didn't address the lack of predicted California doom.

Why should I address something I never said, dumbass?

Just look at all the unregulated soot spewing out of trucks, buses, airplanes and other non-commercial vehicles to see what a joke all this is. You're not polluting less, just doing it differently. Instead of polluting out your tailpipe, you are polluting at the electric generation plant that makes all that nice electricity for you, then you will be polluting when it comes time to get rid of that shitload of big, fat, heavy batteries you carry around!

I don't know if you've heard yet but beginning in 2020 all new homes built in California must have solar panels on the roof.

That is why California will become a third world shithole because no one will be able to afford a home. They will all be living on the street of the cities in tents.
People keep saying that. It's been decades since California should have turned into a place where nobody could buy a car or a home. Or have a job. Careful, that whole 'sky is falling'............

Did you know the beaches are closed in California because of all the homeless shitting in the streets?

How safe are Texas' beaches? Report finds high levels of bacteria that can put swimmers at risk

The beaches and California are polluted with HUMAN waste. California
has not been experiencing heavy rains. They have a homeless problem. Texas is caused by rain.

Reading is fundamental, dumbass!

The beaches and California are polluted with HUMAN waste. California
has not been experiencing heavy rains. They have a homeless problem. Texas is caused by rain.

Reading is fundamental, dumbass!
It's caused by crappy infrastructure that is rotting away. That results in HUMAN shit on the Texas beaches. You thought it was animal shit? Or alien? Dotard.

Last edited:

The Volt is not a total electric car. It is more or less a hybrid. I also pay more than my fair share as my other vehicle is Suburban.

Yes I know it's not totally electric. It has about a 40 mile charge. It will flip over to the gas engine when the electric one has used up the charge. Since most people don't drive long distances everyday, it doesn't flip to the gas as much. I know my ex only flipped over to gas when we drove down to our house in the Mt. Rainier area.

What it comes down to is that hybrid and electric cars don't use as much gas so we don't pay as much in gas tax. We use the roads the same way regular gas cars do so I don't have a problem with kicking in something to pay for what I use.

The cars will be more expensive...Why wouldn't car manufactures want that?

I guess that crony corporatist deals with The State are cool, as long as the alleged "benefits" check all your political boxes, huh?
Same excuse used when seat belts came in...and air bags.

The irony of people screaming about man made climate change destroying the planet as they stand silent as 60K in LA County alone shit directly into the Pacific Ocean daily just can't be ignored.

Bull crap. Electric cars pollute far more than gas cars.

Now everything else, I am fine with. You don't want to drive a gas car, great.

I highly doubt you have saved money on gas. I've done the math on that dozens of times, and you never save money.

That said, you can drive whatever you want, I don't care. Just don't make up your mythology and try and convince me the billions of tons of pollutants spewed out mines and factories around the world to make your EV battery packs, is saving the planet. Bull crap.

But those rare metals come from somewhere—often, from environmentally destructive mines. It’s not just Tesla, of course. All electric vehicles rely on parts with similar environmental issues. Even solar panels depend on rare metals that have to be dug out of the earth and processed in less-than-green ways, says David Abraham, author of the book The Elements of Power.

Tesla's Electric Cars Aren't as Green as You Might Think
iu

Nickle mine and processing plant, primarily used in EV batteries. No fuel burning there, no gas emissions there, no electricity from coal fired power plants there. No environmental damage there... (sarcasm) but at least you don't have to fill up with gas... so obviously you are saving the planet.

Again... if you like your electric car, I'm all for it. I'm not here to tell you your car sucks. By all means, charge up your car, and drive all you want. I'm all for it.

But please.... don't lie to yourself and everyone else, that you are saving the plant and not polluting. EVs are far more polluting than gas cars.

Forum List

Back