Ca Bypasses trump. Makes Deal With 4 Car Companies

This is very interesting.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

I hope California is able to get more car companies to sign on.

California bypasses Trump to sign tougher mileage deal with 4 car makers

Bull crap. Electric cars pollute far more than gas cars.

Now everything else, I am fine with. You don't want to drive a gas car, great.

I highly doubt you have saved money on gas. I've done the math on that dozens of times, and you never save money.

That said, you can drive whatever you want, I don't care. Just don't make up your mythology and try and convince me the billions of tons of pollutants spewed out mines and factories around the world to make your EV battery packs, is saving the planet. Bull crap.

But those rare metals come from somewhere—often, from environmentally destructive mines. It’s not just Tesla, of course. All electric vehicles rely on parts with similar environmental issues. Even solar panels depend on rare metals that have to be dug out of the earth and processed in less-than-green ways, says David Abraham, author of the book The Elements of Power.

Tesla's Electric Cars Aren't as Green as You Might Think
iu

Nickle mine and processing plant, primarily used in EV batteries. No fuel burning there, no gas emissions there, no electricity from coal fired power plants there. No environmental damage there... (sarcasm) but at least you don't have to fill up with gas... so obviously you are saving the planet.

Again... if you like your electric car, I'm all for it. I'm not here to tell you your car sucks. By all means, charge up your car, and drive all you want. I'm all for it.

But please.... don't lie to yourself and everyone else, that you are saving the plant and not polluting. EVs are far more polluting than gas cars.

We bought our electric car to run around town and I hate getting out and filling up in the middle of a snow storm. I never bought it for cleaner energy, there is always a trade off.

That was last year, not future years when all the extras installed to comply with Caliunicornia's enviro-kookery will drive up prices ....But your virtue signal is duly noted.

My Prius already has all the required extras. I don't even have to get it smog checked.

I paid about the same price for my last Prius in 2011. This new one has more extras my old one doesn't have.

You're very wrong about this. An environmentally responsible car doesn't cost a lot of money. Trucks and SUVs cost much more.

An environmentally responsible car doesn't cost a lot of money.

How much would it cost to make fleet standards 54.5 MPG?

Right now I'm getting 60.8 miles per gallon in my Prius. I get lower mileage in the winter because of the mixture for winter.

So I say I average about 55 mpg in my car.

I paid 23 grand for my car.

I own a Volt, I’m at 73 mph lifetime for my car.

We got my ex a Volt in 2013. It's a very nice car.

You bought a $40,000 car, for someone who is an ex now? Ouch.....

The cars will be more expensive...Why wouldn't car manufactures want that?

I guess that crony corporatist deals with The State are cool, as long as the alleged "benefits" check all your political boxes, huh?
Same excuse used when seat belts came in...and air bags.

I don't think I heard, or saw any evidence that seat belts were a big expense.

Air bags, I think the problem was that they were not tested enough, and some people died from air bags that were mandated. When you mandate something, it forces manufactures to install those things, when they haven't been tested enough. Some kids died from airbags being deployed.

You jerks go out of your way to attack SF and CA when their are greater wrongs done to the earth than bears and people shitting on the earth.

If I was living in an area where it was common for people to shit in the streets and sidewalks, I'd be of the opinion that that's a pretty significant problem in my community. But you're saying we shouldn't worry about it because oil spills are worse. Guys like you are so politically partisan that you just cannot bring yourself to say, yea, California needs to FIX it and put an end to it. Why is that so hard?

F. U. Your ignorance is only superseded by your bigotry. Guys like me are U. graduates, guys like you are punks. Got it, now do what the DICK Cheney told a US Senator, "go F. yourself".

Lol. Triggered? The truth hit a nerve.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

I highly doubt you have saved money on gas. I've done the math on that dozens of times, and you never save money.

That said, you can drive whatever you want, I don't care. Just don't make up your mythology and try and convince me the billions of tons of pollutants spewed out mines and factories around the world to make your EV battery packs, is saving the planet. Bull crap.

But those rare metals come from somewhere—often, from environmentally destructive mines. It’s not just Tesla, of course. All electric vehicles rely on parts with similar environmental issues. Even solar panels depend on rare metals that have to be dug out of the earth and processed in less-than-green ways, says David Abraham, author of the book The Elements of Power.

iu

Nickle mine and processing plant, primarily used in EV batteries. No fuel burning there, no gas emissions there, no electricity from coal fired power plants there. No environmental damage there... (sarcasm) but at least you don't have to fill up with gas... so obviously you are saving the planet.

Again... if you like your electric car, I'm all for it. I'm not here to tell you your car sucks. By all means, charge up your car, and drive all you want. I'm all for it.

But please.... don't lie to yourself and everyone else, that you are saving the plant and not polluting. EVs are far more polluting than gas cars.
Did you read the entire article you linked? It doesn't really support your claim.

Rare earth metals are also necessary for conventional cars.

Your article talks about the EV batteries. You should read that part.

And gasoline doesn't come out of the ground ready to use. It has to be extracted, refined, distributed.

If you still wonder about the difference between how clean an electric car is vs gas powered, here's an experiment that can demonstrate the difference Go into a garage. Close all the doors. Start your electric car and sit inside the garage.

Now try the same thing with a gasoline powered car.

You'll need to be sure and do this in the proper order because the gas auto will kill you and you won't get to try the electric car.

If I had an electric car, it would be powered by a source 93,000,000 miles away. Delivered to right to my roof.

iu

Did you read the entire article you linked? It doesn't really support your claim.

And gasoline doesn't come out of the ground ready to use. It has to be extracted, refined, distributed.

If you still wonder about the difference between how clean an electric car is vs gas powered, here's an experiment that can demonstrate the difference Go into a garage. Close all the doors. Start your electric car and sit inside the garage.

You'll need to be sure and do this in the proper order because the gas auto will kill you and you won't get to try the electric car.

If I had an electric car, it would be powered by a source 93,000,000 miles away. Delivered to right to my roof.

Go into a garage. Close all the doors. Start your electric car and sit inside the garage.

Before you start the electric car, you need to bring the generator into the garage, to charge the battery.
Is your generator diesel or gasoline?

iu

Some decades ago the government ordered itself to design and develop the car that Americans should drive. With all of the safety add ons and the way the car was, it was estimated it would cost near a million dollars a piece. To be fair this was a quick read and the material on it was short. We do however spend over five thousand dollars a vehicle on government mandated safety items in each vehicle. And it continues to go higher.

iu

Some decades ago the government ordered itself to design and develop the car that Americans should drive. With all of the safety add ons and the way the car was, it was estimated it would cost near a million dollars a piece. To be fair this was a quick read and the material on it was short. We do however spend over five thousand dollars a vehicle on government mandated safety items in each vehicle. And it continues to go higher.
Another reason why a focus on public transportation is a much better option.

But too many dotards in this country for that to ever happen on a wide scale.

My city is making it a priority. I find it extremely useful so far, and it is not even fully completed.

You jerks go out of your way to attack SF and CA when their are greater wrongs done to the earth than bears and people shitting on the earth.

If I was living in an area where it was common for people to shit in the streets and sidewalks, I'd be of the opinion that that's a pretty significant problem in my community. But you're saying we shouldn't worry about it because oil spills are worse. Guys like you are so politically partisan that you just cannot bring yourself to say, yea, California needs to FIX it and put an end to it. Why is that so hard?

F. U. Your ignorance is only superseded by your bigotry. Guys like me are U. graduates, guys like you are punks. Got it, now do what the DICK Cheney told a US Senator, "go F. yourself".

Lol. Triggered? The truth hit a nerve.

You abhor the truth, either out of ignorance or your ideology which is out of touch with American ethos.

iu

Go into a garage. Close all the doors. Start your electric car and sit inside the garage.

Before you start the electric car, you need to bring the generator into the garage, to charge the battery.
Is your generator diesel or gasoline?

We have panels on our roof, last year we paid $4 for electricity to PG&E, and my son never went to a gas station (where one gallon of gas costs today the up side of $4) to fill up his Chevy Bolt.

Half the price of a well equipped 3/4 ton crew cab.

Yes hybrid cars are very affordable. They don't cost anymore than a regular gas car. They cost a lot less than a SUV or truck. People don't seem to have a problem with shelling out over 30 grand for an SUV or truck. I don't see the problem with 23 grand for a hybrid.

Because that SUV can pull my boat to the lake.

That fucking Prius has a hard time pulling itself.

My son's Chevy Bolt is fast off the line, and very quick when fast acceleration is necessary. He's never been to a gas station in the 18 months he's owned the car, and get free "fill ups" on week ends since we have solar panels on our roof.
Lol
Great story bro...

It’s your guys prerogative, just don’t expect anyone else to do the same lame ass shit...
Serious question:

Have you ever actually contributed to thread? If so could you please post a link, because with your track record there's no way in hell anyone will just take your word for it.
Lol
53050683_2337060636542464_3597982855063404544_n.jpg

Climate change is the progressives baby... they need to deal with it themselves.
Their fucked up ideas do not require conservatives participation...

There was an outcry, there still is.

In modern times, it's the sole reason our nation's school buses are not outfitted with seat belts.

I remember when seat belts were a big "controversy." The only people who had a problem with it were conservatives and the auto makers.

I was a kid at the time but I never could understand why anyone would pay any attention to people who don't want to make our vehicles safe.

There was an outcry, there still is.

In modern times, it's the sole reason our nation's school buses are not outfitted with seat belts.

The reason school buses do not have seat belts as they is no real benefit. The weight of the bus, the height of where passengers sit show that they are not that beneficial in a collusion. The National Safety Council says they are 40 times safer than a passenger car.

Why your child's school bus has no seat belts

About 440,000 public school buses carry 24 million children more than 4.3 billion miles a year, but only about six children die each year in bus accidents, according to annual statistics compiled the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. About 800 children, by contrast, die every year walking, biking or being driven to school in cars or other passenger vehicles, said Ron Medford, the agency's deputy director.

iu

Yeah, but I'm not making the claim that gasoline is environmentally friendly. You are making the claim that EV cars are. Your position is wrong. Mine is correct.

The amount of rare metals in a conventional car, is almost zero. They used to have rare metals in catalyst converters, but today it's mostly platinum, palladium and rhodium all in very very small amounts.

To compare that to an EV that has several hundred pounds of rare metals, is intellectually dishonest, and you know that.

Right, and you need to do that at all the rare metal mines, the factories and manufacturing plants... or better still go sit in the smoke stack of the coal, gas, or the reactor of the power plant, that is charging your car.

Again, you are trading a tiny amount of exhaust directly where your car is, for a massive amount where the power plant, the mines, the factories and foundries that built that car.

Just because the exhaust isn't in the exact same location your butt is, doesn't mean there isn't exhaust. There is tons, at the power plant.

That's not even entirely true anymore. Gas cars today, are so effective at reducing pollution in the exhaust, that you could sit in a garage for hours with the car running, and barely get a headache. Older cars most certainly will kill you.

iu

Yeah, but I'm not making the claim that gasoline is environmentally friendly. You are making the claim that EV cars are. Your position is wrong. Mine is correct.

The amount of rare metals in a conventional car, is almost zero. They used to have rare metals in catalyst converters, but today it's mostly platinum, palladium and rhodium all in very very small amounts.

To compare that to an EV that has several hundred pounds of rare metals, is intellectually dishonest, and you know that.

Right, and you need to do that at all the rare metal mines, the factories and manufacturing plants... or better still go sit in the smoke stack of the coal, gas, or the reactor of the power plant, that is charging your car.

Again, you are trading a tiny amount of exhaust directly where your car is, for a massive amount where the power plant, the mines, the factories and foundries that built that car.

Just because the exhaust isn't in the exact same location your butt is, doesn't mean there isn't exhaust. There is tons, at the power plant.

That's not even entirely true anymore. Gas cars today, are so effective at reducing pollution in the exhaust, that you could sit in a garage for hours with the car running, and barely get a headache. Older cars most certainly will kill you.
I'm trying to say I think EV cars are environmentally friendliER than gas powered.

Please don't call me dishonest when the information I stated came from your linked article and was not presented as biased, imo.

If you disagree with the points raised in your linked article, perhaps you should read it first.

iu

I'm trying to say I think EV cars are environmentally friendliER than gas powered.

Please don't call me dishonest when the information I stated came from your linked article and was not presented as biased, imo.

If you disagree with the points raised in your linked article, perhaps you should read it first.

No not really.

Electric Cars Aren’t Nearly as Green as People Think | Catherine Alles

How green is an electric car, really?

Last edited:
Cali is a shithole because of Dems/illegals/immigrants
expensive to live there and top 3rd [ almost 4th ] in poverty

cheapest-states-in-america-for-2019.jpg

xxbelow-poverty_28336945.png

Forum List

Back