ca chrome...triple crowner winner or not?

I hope FJO is just trolling and not this big of a pussy in real life. These horses are obviously very well taken care of. They are athletes worth a shit ton of money. You can tell they aren't beaten and abused just by looking at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some people who think that no matter what an animal does they are being abused. You ought to see the activists trying to shut down dog surfing. They make me sick.
To me not utilizing an animals strength s and intelligence is actually cruel.
I feel pretty sure those surfing dogs could jump off the boards and swim to shore if they felt distressed.

I'm not a fan but I have to admit the movie about Secretariat made me look it up, seemed too much to be true, and you know how Hollywood is. But it was true.

If you are a horse racing fan this race at Belmont is probably the most amazing thing ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoFquax2F-k

My mother loved watching the Triple Crown; I remember her talking endlessly about Secretariat. I was way too young to care, though I was interested in politics from age 5. Back to the Belmont, I want Chrome because...it has been too long since Affirmed. The size of the field hurts him, but he can go the distance. I think Wicked will take it though.

Speaking of Secretariat, how could a horse hold the speed record in all 3 races, win the Belmont by 31 lengths and be ranked 2nd behind Man o' War as the all time greatest race horse?

I hope he wins - but it's going to be tough. This is a longer race and he faded near the end of shorter ones.

That's a matter of opinion.

In any case, I hope the Dumbass Partners' horse wins.

That was a jockey mistake for Chrome.
Too bad the winner was pretty much ignored by the announcers.

The DAP guy is sounding like a sore loser. I wish he's stop.

Well that went down like I said it would. Sometimes I wish I wasn't always right.

Horse racing is so fraudulent, it makes steroid use in baseball look like a Sunday school picnic. I'd just like ro know what is happening with the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Act of 2013, Senate Bill 973, and House Bill 2012, which would increase oversight and penalties for overusing drugs in horse racing.

http://gawker.com/undercover-peta-video-reveals-the-underside-of-horse-ra-1547711804

http://bizlex.com/2014/04/undercover-peta-video-casts-shadow-over-horse-racings-brightest-day/

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advoca...ation&utm_source=PETA+E-Mail&utm_medium=Alert

Last edited:
My crystal ball says we will have a triple crown winner before sun down.

Your crystal ball, eh? Well know this! California Chrome will not win today! No way, no how, nada! :eusa_angel: The devil won't get any glory today out of a crystal ball. Not on my watch! HA!~

l:2014 Belmont Stakes Contenders - Belmont Horse Racing

I found Strollingbones thread interesting this morning so I looked up the list of names of the horse and their histories... and found the link above. I have never and would never bet on a horse race. I don't bet. But I looked at the histories of all the horse and their names and although I'm not too impressed by the name I have found one I like because the odds are stacked against him. ( actually two )

General A Rod: (Post Position 10—Morning Line Odds 20/1) This Michael J. Maker trained colt is a very divisive topic among horse racing fans and his performance in the Kentucky Derby and Preakness answered few questions. He finished 11th in the Derby but improved to a respectable 4th in the Preakness. Some think that he’s a solid contender that has performed well in the mix with a number of top three year olds at Gulfstream Park in his three year old campaign. Won the Gulfstream Park Derby, finished second in the Fountain of Youth and third in the Florida Derby. His detractors suggest that the racing talent at Gulfstream Park is a cut below other tracks making General A Rod an average horse at best. Some have even called him ‘dead weight’. What this enigmatic horse does in the Belmont is anyone’s guess.

–Tonalist: (Post Position 11—Morning Line Odds 8/1) A lot of horse racing experts and handicappers are big on Tonalist based on his impressive win in the Grade 2 Peter Pan Stakes at Belmont Park on May 10th. Tonalist has been brought along slowly in his three year old campaign—he was scratched from the Wood Memorial due to a lung infection which kept him out of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness. Tonalist’s running style is also conducive to a good performance at the Belmont Stakes—he’s a strong closer which is a great asset at the distance and with the likely pace. Trained by Christophe Clement his jockey for the Belmont is still pending.

I like these two but because Tonalist had a lung infection and didn't get to race in either of the other two races? I think he deserves to win. Tonalist never even got a chance to run. On top of that they still don't even know who his jockey is going to be! Now if that isn't having the odds stacked against you I don't know what is! So because he needs someone in his corner I believe I shall lift him up for a prayer today. He sounds like a dandy to me.

-Jeremiah

The follow up report. Tonalist came in 1st place. That was the horse I prayed for this morning. His lungs are healed too. Wait until the owner finds that out! :eusa_angel:

- Jeremiah

I'm not a fan but I have to admit the movie about Secretariat made me look it up, seemed too much to be true, and you know how Hollywood is. But it was true.

If you are a horse racing fan this race at Belmont is probably the most amazing thing ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoFquax2F-k

My mother loved watching the Triple Crown; I remember her talking endlessly about Secretariat. I was way too young to care, though I was interested in politics from age 5. Back to the Belmont, I want Chrome because...it has been too long since Affirmed. The size of the field hurts him, but he can go the distance. I think Wicked will take it though.

Speaking of Secretariat, how could a horse hold the speed record in all 3 races, win the Belmont by 31 lengths and be ranked 2nd behind Man o' War as the all time greatest race horse?

Man O'War had a better win record. Tough to compare the two, horse racing had changed over the decades. The debate on "finest ever" continues.

Forum List

Back