CA Governor Brown pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

The construction trades are not for pussified, LIbEral girly-men who would drive such a vehicle. If I showed up to work in that ,my colleagues would never let me live it down.

And if I had the money to buy that, then a much better use of that money would be to buy a bigger, more truck-like vehicle, with more room for my tools and more ability to cope with the rough conditions that it would encounter at a construction site.

Fair enough - I get the peer pressure thing. But don't much live that way. Personally I'd take great joy in passing them at the gas station at the end of the day and laughing my ass off. :D

OK. 80 twice is 160, well within any of the Tesla's range. However, as evidenced by the 500 mile range of the semi and the 620 mile range of the Roadster, the range of the EV's, of all brands, will be vastly improved in five years.
One more time: the Tesla semi does not exist. It is vaporware, and the "500 mile" range is only a pie in the sky claim by one man.

A Tesla 3 with 310 mile range would more than suite your needs.

And the rear door gull wings would be a stylish way to retrieve your tools!

tesla-model-x.jpg

The construction trades are not for pussified, LIbEral girly-men who would drive such a vehicle. If I showed up at a constructuion site in that, my colleagues would never let me live it down.

And if I had the money to buy that, then a much better use of that money would be to buy a bigger, more truck-like vehicle, with more room for my tools and more ability to cope with the rough conditions that it would encounter at a construction site.
LOL What a fucking redneck silly ass you are. You in the construction trades are no tougher than the fellows I work with in a steel mill, as a millwright. And I have worked on several construction jobs, as well as on an engineering core drill, a couple of times at -30 F. Many of the fellows at work, millwrights, engineers, automation, and electricians, have EV's. One even has a BMW EV.

Nothing sissy about having a vehicle that save you money.

Pie in the sky...
We get it you love teslas, the rest of us hate the fuckers.
Quit trying to sell your shit to other people

Perhaps people in the rural parts of the Plains states and deep south hate them. I live in redder than red Idaho - people in Boise LOVE the damn things. I see more of them on the road every day and we'll be getting a dealership likely by the end of this year. UPS just bought 25 million worth of Tesla tractors - and they don't make stupid business decisions.

But the asshole 'Conservatives' will still continue to lie about it. Like the treasonous fat senile old orange clown, that is just what they do.

Are you old enough to remember when conservatives stood for CONSERVATION? Me too

What Happened to Conservative Conservation? | Discourse in Progress
We had a wonderful Republican Governor here in Oregon, Gov. Tom McCall, who cleaned up our rivers. Were we to have a Republican Party like that now, I would be an Independent. As long as the GOP is determined to degrade the environment, they will never get my vote.

What kind of progananda tool are you? A damn 1972 Datsun is faster then that, you act like you didn't know a electric motor was quicker?

View attachment 173700

That's an ELECTRIC car Earl! o_O

World's fastest electric car is a 1972 Datsun, can do 0-60 in 1.8 seconds - Geek.com
A local rig, the White Zombie. Been giving ICE's heartburn at the local tracks for years. And it is street legal, and can drive from home to the tracks. LOL
Yeah...I note the story had no mention of any actual 1/4 mile times. Though it did note a 129MPH top speed...which means it can't be all that quick. (If it were, it would manage that in a quarter mile.)

What kind of progananda tool are you? A damn 1972 Datsun is faster then that, you act like you didn't know a electric motor was quicker?

View attachment 173700

World's fastest electric car is a 1972 Datsun, can do 0-60 in 1.8 seconds - Geek.com
And this is a 4-banger Mustang.

m5lp_0802_02_z%2B2007_columbus_nmra_race%2B1979_mustang.jpg

Don't worry...it only runs 9's!
And the 2020 Tesla Roadster is not a one off car, but a production car, and it runs in the 8's.

So, it has (in the real world) about a 90-mile radius of use. Yeahno.
At present. By 2023, I am willing to bet that the range of the EV's will be twice or three times what it is today. And they will be a lot cheaper. The range of the Tesla Semi and Roadster is showing the way. The battery technology is developing like the solar panel technology did. Once there was a large market, the price started dropping precipitously. And as the Tesla battery demonstrated in Australia, there are more the one reason to put in grid scale storage.
The "Tesla semi" is vaporware.
And a whole bunch of the Tesla Semi has already been ordered. LOL Pretty solid vaporware.

One more time: the Tesla semi does not exist. It is vaporware, and the "500 mile" range is only a pie in the sky claim by one man.

Sorry but it damn sure does. UPS just bought 25 million worth. You think they didn't test the range first?

Is Exxon paying you to troll?

No, it does not. ONE prototype exists. The range is unknown, the performance is unknown. The Tesla semi is vaporware.

California is flat broke with a trillion $ pension liability. Kim Jong Brown lying won't pay for anything.

A TRILLION? More nonsense

How much is it?
According to the state controller’s office, the unfunded liability of California’s 130 state and local government pension plans stood at $241.3 billion as of 2014, the most recent year for which figures are available.

View attachment 173700

And the 2020 Tesla Roadster is not a one off car, but a production car, and it runs in the 8's.
Can it make three back to back runs without going into limp mode?

So, it has (in the real world) about a 90-mile radius of use. Yeahno.
At present. By 2023, I am willing to bet that the range of the EV's will be twice or three times what it is today. And they will be a lot cheaper. The range of the Tesla Semi and Roadster is showing the way. The battery technology is developing like the solar panel technology did. Once there was a large market, the price started dropping precipitously. And as the Tesla battery demonstrated in Australia, there are more the one reason to put in grid scale storage.
The "Tesla semi" is vaporware.
And a whole bunch of the Tesla Semi has already been ordered. LOL Pretty solid vaporware.
People pre-ordered a shitload of Dales, too.

There is no such thing as an American car anymore, that’s just the facts. I get it you love teslas, that is fine ~ they just look like dog shit to me.
We don’t have emissions tests up here in the northern plains, They are not needed.

So if a car is 95% American - that's not good enough to call it an American car - and they allow you to roll coal in the Northern Plains??

Dude, you've blown a gasket
There is no law against diesel motors up here, you’re too much of a control freak for your own good
Dumb fuck, the laws are federal air pollution laws, and the states cannot abrogate them.
There’s no such thing as emissions tests up here on peoples cars. Thank God we don’t need a bunch of fucking cowardly control freaks like that here
Silly ass. There is no need for emission tests to enforce the law on messing with the air pollution controls on vehicles. What do you think got VW in so much trouble.

We had a wonderful Republican Governor here in Oregon, Gov. Tom McCall, who cleaned up our rivers. Were we to have a Republican Party like that now, I would be an Independent. As long as the GOP is determined to degrade the environment, they will never get my vote.

I think Kitzhaber was Gov during most of my Portland stint in the 90s. Then I heard he came back, but kinda lost his mind.

Understand that Kate Brown is doing well - Yes?

The name Tom McCall is instantly recognizable for me due to the waterfront park - still a beautiful place!

portland_waterfront_3-21-13_5d_001.jpg

View attachment 173700

Can it make three back to back runs without going into limp mode?

With a 620 mile range, probably better than 30 runs.

I think Kitzhaber was Gov during most of my Portland stint in the 90s. Then I heard he came back, but kinda lost his mind.

Understand that Kate Brown is doing well - Yes?

The name Tom McCall is instantly recognizable for me due to the waterfront park - still a beautiful place!

portland_waterfront_3-21-13_5d_001.jpg
Yes, Kitzhaber let his little head overrule his big head. Thus far, Brown is doing well.

Forum List

Back