CA Governor Brown pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

More likely, them passing me by where I'd be stopped by the roadside, with drained batteries; waiting for a tow truck to tow me to the nearest charge station, and then to the nearest place where I can rent another car to get me the rest of the way home, then back the next day to where my car was left charging overnight.

Except that I'm not dumb enough that if I had that kind of money, I'd spend it on a smaller electric car that was inadequate for my needs, when, for the same money, I could get a bigger, more durable vehicle, with more range, and more room for me and my tools.

Lol Bob, assuming you don't arrive home too drunk to remember to plug it in, the 320 mile range is gonna get you through your 160 mile R/T commute just fine.

But guaranteed, one of your work buds will arrive on the job in one of these around 5 years from today and you'll go WHAAAAAA :confused-84: :confused-84: :confused-84:

An electric pickup truck will be Tesla's top priority after the Model Y

046cb522e29240c4832d9bc2cd6a781c.jpeg

Why no trailer hitch?
Does every ICE pickup on the lot have a hitch on it? Those are usually an extra, added when you order it on you new vehicle. An EV pickup or van would be the ideal EV. Acres of room underneath for batteries. If the Roadster can manage 620 miles, one of these could probably manage 1000 miles.

Not sure the only thing I can compare it too, is propane and electric fork lifts (because that's what I am so familiar with the past 30 years) but then again it's a different application, or electric golf carts compared to gas ATVs , but then again it's a different application..

Ok we could compare it to electric busses and diesel busses ...electric busses around here can only do short haul stuff the diesels do the continuous work to keep on schedule.

Boise is moving heavily toward the NG trash, compost and no-sort recycling units over past few years - They seem to be working out just fine.

RepublicBoiseCNG2.jpg

As for electric buses - do you seriously think they couldn't make it through a long day in an urban area with a 300 mile range???

Unable to make a serious comment, so you post a stupid cartoon? The Tesla 3 will run off and hide from anything that you own. And do it on a quarter of the cost of your gasoline.

Yep, unless our furry friend owns a Lamborghini or some such

Tesla Model 3 accelerates from 0-60 mph in 4.6 secs – faster than Tesla advertises
Children and fanboys talk about 0-60. What is the 1/4 mile time and trap speed?
Tesla Model 3 hits 60 MPH in 4.66 seconds, passes quarter mile in 13.3

Tesla Model 3 hits 60 MPH in 4.66 seconds, passes quarter mile in 13.3

Respectable.

It's an electric motor, big fucking deal we knew about this for over 150 years...

You act like you were born yesterday .
That is the way you post. Your problem.

Me you post like a child creaming in his pants about antique technology when it comes to electric motors...

Ever want to know why they call diesel electric trains , Diesel electric trains idiot ?

The fucking diesel proprduces the God damn electricity to the electric motors..

You know how a fucking nuclear aircraft carrier or sub works?

The nuclear reactor produces the fucking electricity to the electric motors...

God this is not new technology...

Al Gore invented an Electric Car, but it kept unplugging itself when it got to the end of the driveway

Except when you are traveling, why would this be an issue? You charge it up at night when you are doing other things. As far as that goes, bet this won't be an issue in five years.
Let renewables mature into a viable energy source, there is no hurry.
Already a very viable energy source, and getting bigger every year.

The future of renewable energy is in Texas

Renewable energy isn't at a crossroads in the U.S. so much as on a two-lane highway: While the federal government hits the gas on fossil fuels, states are speeding ahead to develop renewable energy -- and reaching new milestones.

For example, enough solar energy is being collected every year to power all the single-family homes in Florida. Three states generate more than one-third of their energy from wind and solar. Some 160,000 electric cars were sold last year -- enough to supply the entire population of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. And earlier this year, wind and solar produced one-tenth of the nation's energy for an entire month.

A recent report highlights the states that are most quickly embracing renewable energy. And the leaders are not what many people might expect. Yes, California has some of the most pro-environment laws on the books. But the state that produces the most renewable energy in terms of sheer quantity? It's Texas. The states that generate the largest portion of their power from renewables: Iowa, Oklahoma, Kansas and the Dakotas.

wind-maps.png

Looks to me as if renewables are coming on like gangbusters.

Like I said I have no problem with renewables, They just are not mature enough to be a viable energy source yet. When their time is here great there’s no hurry.
Up here in the northern plains they are not A viable energy source whatsoever.

Liar. 5,000 to 7,999 MW in North Dakata, 2,000 to 4,999 MW in South Dakota and Nebraska. Much more to come when we get a forward looking admin that will find a way to put a grid to where the wind is.

Renewables don’t work worth a shit up here, there is far too much distance between population centers. Plus they’re constantly tearing down turbinesThey put up just a few years ago because the bearings wear out killing the efficiency.
Solar is a bit better and farther along but still there is not enough real estate to supply the energy needs

Apparently education doesn't work well up there either.

More likely, them passing me by where I'd be stopped by the roadside, with drained batteries; waiting for a tow truck to tow me to the nearest charge station, and then to the nearest place where I can rent another car to get me the rest of the way home, then back the next day to where my car was left charging overnight.

Except that I'm not dumb enough that if I had that kind of money, I'd spend it on a smaller electric car that was inadequate for my needs, when, for the same money, I could get a bigger, more durable vehicle, with more range, and more room for me and my tools.

Lol Bob, assuming you don't arrive home too drunk to remember to plug it in, the 320 mile range is gonna get you through your 160 mile R/T commute just fine.

But guaranteed, one of your work buds will arrive on the job in one of these around 5 years from today and you'll go WHAAAAAA :confused-84: :confused-84: :confused-84:

Why no trailer hitch?
Does every ICE pickup on the lot have a hitch on it? Those are usually an extra, added when you order it on you new vehicle. An EV pickup or van would be the ideal EV. Acres of room underneath for batteries. If the Roadster can manage 620 miles, one of these could probably manage 1000 miles.

Jesus, I show our furry friend bear a bitchin Tesla pickup and he wants to know where the damn trailer hitch is :laugh:

It also good to pay attention to the title of your thread. “Zero emission cars”!

Right - so you understand that these charging stations will go in with solar panels yes?
Funny thing electric cars Are run by toxic batteries... lol
Funny, ICE engines emit all kinds of toxic gases, have toxic lead-acid batteries in them, and toxic oil in the crankcase. The batteries in EV's are sealed and can be re-cycled. You 'Conservatives' are so damned stupid in use arguements that invalidate your own points.
Last modern car I had emission checked blew zero across the board. No unburned fuel, no carbon monoxides, no oxides of nitrogen. The guy was so surprised he ran the test again, with the same result. There are at least two levels of emission certification CLEANER than that Tier II ULEV.

I saw that vehicle, Fred Flintstone was driving it, and Barney Rubble was with him. I even remember Dino chasing the car and Fred yelling, "Yaba, Daba, Do!"

It also good to pay attention to the title of your thread. “Zero emission cars”!

Right - so you understand that these charging stations will go in with solar panels yes?
Funny thing electric cars Are run by toxic batteries... lol
Funny, ICE engines emit all kinds of toxic gases, have toxic lead-acid batteries in them, and toxic oil in the crankcase. The batteries in EV's are sealed and can be re-cycled. You 'Conservatives' are so damned stupid in use arguements that invalidate your own points.
Last modern car I had emission checked blew zero across the board. No unburned fuel, no carbon monoxides, no oxides of nitrogen. The guy was so surprised he ran the test again, with the same result. There are at least two levels of emission certification CLEANER than that Tier II ULEV.

I saw that vehicle, Fred Flintstone was driving it, and Barney Rubble was with him. I even remember Dino chasing the car and Fred yelling, "Yaba, Daba, Do!"

Jarlaxle plans a "gay old time" in one of those later tonight! :D

Not sure the only thing I can compare it too, is propane and electric fork lifts (because that's what I am so familiar with the past 30 years) but then again it's a different application, or electric golf carts compared to gas ATVs , but then again it's a different application..

Ok we could compare it to electric busses and diesel busses ...electric busses around here can only do short haul stuff the diesels do the continuous work to keep on schedule.

Boise is moving heavily toward the NG trash, compost and no-sort recycling units over past few years - They seem to be working out just fine.

RepublicBoiseCNG2.jpg

As for electric buses - do you seriously think they couldn't make it through a long day in an urban area with a 300 mile range???

I know all about electric battery busses my damn town had the first all electric fleet in the nation a few years back.

The company I was working for was renting out space to them when they came off the assembly line..

This was half the place and their ceremony...

I damn had to help them with our big ass forklift towing the first bus into the warehouse...

RepublicBoiseCNG2.jpg

I know all about electric battery busses my damn town had the first all electric fleet in the nation a few years back.

The company I was working for was renting out space to them when they came off the assembly line..

This was half the place and their ceremony...

I damn had to help them with our big ass forklift towing the first bus into the warehouse...

Btw if you look on the left its a huge creepy cooling room...when it was empty I always thought their was a ghost living there...

Old timers told me a few people died at that huge textile mill that was converted.

`
I support all initiatives will break our dependence on fossil fuel. This needs to be country wide.
`

Red states will never adopt what California and many other states have in the age of Trump. For some bizarre reason it is a matter of pride to undo Obama's environmental legacy and fuck over the planet as quickly as possible. Meh - go figure

Why no trailer hitch?

Jesus, I show our furry friend bear a bitchin Tesla pickup and he wants to know where the damn trailer hitch is :laugh:

Of course I do and I thought you claimed to own a pick up truck?

Oh let me guess you just bought it for looks and not do a real mans job like haul toys?

`
I support all initiatives will break our dependence on fossil fuel. This needs to be country wide.
`

Red states will never adopt what California and many other states have in the age of Trump. For some bizarre reason it is a matter of pride to undo Obama's environmental legacy and fuck over the planet as quickly as possible. Meh - go figure

Of course we will never adopt and what's this Trump shit?

You think he started it..do you flake?

No he read us ....and copied off what we want that's why he is president.

Well, some red states, that is. Texas is leading the way with both solar and wind. And they are building grids to take advantage of their luck in having sun and wind.

Why no trailer hitch?

Oh let me guess you just bought it for looks and not do a real mans job like haul toys?

Oh that's right you only live two miles from work and drive around in a pick up for appearance only.

Same tards that by a 4 wheel drive and never use it.

`
`

Of course we will never adopt and what's this Trump shit?

You think he started it..do you flake?

No he read us ....and copied off what we want that's why he is president.
He is President because he collaborated with the enemy.

Why no trailer hitch?

Oh that's right you only live two miles from work and drive around in a pick up for appearance only.

Same tards that by a 4 wheel drive and never use it.
And you make stupid assumptions about all on this board that disagree with your lies and bullshit. The EV's are going to be the dominant new vehicle in the world by 2030, not a damned thing you can do about it.

Well, some red states, that is. Texas is leading the way with both solar and wind. And they are building grids to take advantage of their luck in having sun and wind.

Why wouldn't they ? Lease a damn windmill on grazing land you own brings in revenue to the cattle rancher.

No different then living in the city if some one wants to put up a bill board on your land guaranteed income.

Forum List

Back