CA Governor Brown pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

Why no trailer hitch?
Does every ICE pickup on the lot have a hitch on it? Those are usually an extra, added when you order it on you new vehicle. An EV pickup or van would be the ideal EV. Acres of room underneath for batteries. If the Roadster can manage 620 miles, one of these could probably manage 1000 miles.

Jesus, I show our furry friend bear a bitchin Tesla pickup and he wants to know where the damn trailer hitch is :laugh:

Of course I do and I thought you claimed to own a pick up truck?

Oh let me guess you just bought it for looks and not do a real mans job like haul toys?

Oh that's right you only live two miles from work and drive around in a pick up for appearance only.

Same tards that by a 4 wheel drive and never use it.
And you make stupid assumptions about all on this board that disagree with your lies and bullshit. The EV's are going to be the dominant new vehicle in the world by 2030, not a damned thing you can do about it.

No there not...

Not battery cars I guarantee it.

It's a novelty been around since the 1880s..

Fuel cells is the way to go but Obama tried to kill them per Elon Musk.

Me you post like a child creaming in his pants about antique technology when it comes to electric motors...
Ever want to know why they call diesel electric trains , Diesel electric trains idiot ?
The fucking diesel proprduces the God damn electricity to the electric motors..
You know how a fucking nuclear aircraft carrier or sub works?
The nuclear reactor produces the fucking electricity to the electric motors...
God this is not new technology...

And you post like someone who isn't aware that electric technology hasn't evolved by leaps and bounds even over the past lousy 5-10 years!

Why yes, you are correct, a windmill is win-win for all.

No it's not, still antique technology...

Why you guys have your head in the sand about batterys is anyone's guess it's been around since forever ...

You guys are going backwards not forwards .

Me you post like a child creaming in his pants about antique technology when it comes to electric motors...
Ever want to know why they call diesel electric trains , Diesel electric trains idiot ?

And you post like someone who isn't aware that electric technology hasn't evolved by leaps and bounds even over the past lousy 5-10 years!

Battery technology has not...fuell cells have...

Tell us numb nuts has the battery in your pick up truck changed any way in the past 5 to 10 years?

Have they in your lawn mower? Your ATV? Your boat? Your snowmobile ( well I don't have a snowbile or motorcycle any more)

Has the triple AAA, or Double AA or 9 volt battery has changed???????

What about your hearing aid?

Has the battery changed in the 5 to 10 years or is it the same?

Red states will never adopt what California and many other states have in the age of Trump. For some bizarre reason it is a matter of pride to undo Obama's environmental legacy and fuck over the planet as quickly as possible. Meh - go figure
`
From my perspective, the future is in renewable energy. World-wide. Investments in alternate energy, are easily in the multi-trillions. The US is way behind on the development, production and research. The anti-education and anti-science people control the government apparatus. None the less, investment dollars are pouring in. Oil and coal are already feeling the impact. It's inevitable.

Oh let me guess you just bought it for looks and not do a real mans job like haul toys?

Nope -

I do men's work in the form of hauling around my mower and landscaping tools for my rental yard work
I haul my canoes and kayaks up to Redfish Lake and other Idaho waterways and retreats minimally a dozen times a year
I avoid delivery charges on ginormous appliances for my kitchen remodel and the 65" 4K TV I bought last year
And I use 4WD mode when we got the rudest winter since 1984 last year just to get around town.

What else ya got BearFlake? :cool-45:

Exciting Battery Technology Breakthrough News — Is Any Of It Real? | CleanTechnica

Researchers at the SLAC National Accelerator Lab in conjunction with others say that overstuffing a cathode with lithium results in a battery with 30 to 50 percent greater range, but the “fat” cathode (my term, not theirs) quickly deteriorates. Michael Toney, one of the authors of the study, says, “It is a huge deal if you can get these lithium-rich electrodes to work because they would be one of the enablers for electric cars with a much longer range. There is enormous interest in the automotive community in developing ways to implement these, and understanding what the technological barriers are may help us solve the problems that are holding them back

Nope -

I do men's work in the form of hauling around my mower and landscaping tools for my rental yard work
I haul my canoes and kayaks up to Redfish Lake and other Idaho waterways and retreats minimally a dozen times a year
I avoid delivery charges on ginormous appliances for my kitchen remodel and the 65" 4K TV I bought last year
And I use 4WD mode when we got the rudest winter since 1984 last year just to get around town.

Canoes and kayaks?

Lmfao...tie them on top of a Volkswagen love bug hippie ....

Damn you do have white finger nails don't you..

download (1).jpeg

This is sure to anger Trumpflakes :)

Gov. Jerry Brown outlined a $2.5 billion plan Friday to help Californians buy electric vehicles and expand a network of charging stations as part of a goal of getting 5 million zero-emission cars on the road by 2030.

The ambitious proposal to transform California's car culture comes as Brown begins his final year in office and works to set the stage for his environmental legacy to continue under his successor. The Democratic governor has positioned California as a global leader in fighting climate change amid President Donald Trump's decision to pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate accord.​

California governor pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

Wow, I hate to tell ole governor Jerry this- there is NO SUCH THING as zero emissions cars. If the car is moving it requires energy consumption. Generating that energy will cause emissions. And before some yahoo claims that electricity generated from hydro or solar is zero emission electricity, read this-
Solar Energy Isn’t Always as Green as You Think
Solar panels glimmering in the sun are an icon of all that is green. But while generating electricity through photovoltaics is indeed better for the environment than burning fossil fuels, several incidents have linked the manufacture of these shining symbols of environmental virtue to a trail of chemical pollution. And it turns out that the time it takes to compensate for the energy used and the greenhouse gases emitted in photovoltaic panel production varies substantially by technology and geography.

It may be cleaner, but why don’t we start by being honest and acknowledge that it isn’t crystal clean.

And where do we see a 160,000 of these fuel cell cars? That is how many EV's were sold in 2017.

Oh that's right you only live two miles from work and drive around in a pick up for appearance only.
Same tards that by a 4 wheel drive and never use it.

Tard? I looked that up in my Funk n Wagnalls and found this

36770.jpg

Gov. Jerry Brown outlined a $2.5 billion plan Friday to help Californians buy electric vehicles and expand a network of charging stations as part of a goal of getting 5 million zero-emission cars on the road by 2030.

The ambitious proposal to transform California's car culture comes as Brown begins his final year in office and works to set the stage for his environmental legacy to continue under his successor. The Democratic governor has positioned California as a global leader in fighting climate change amid President Donald Trump's decision to pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate accord.​

Wow, I hate to tell ole governor Jerry this- there is NO SUCH THING as zero emissions cars. If the car is moving it requires energy consumption. Generating that energy will cause emissions. And before some yahoo claims that electricity generated from hydro or solar is zero emission electricity, read this-
Solar panels glimmering in the sun are an icon of all that is green. But while generating electricity through photovoltaics is indeed better for the environment than burning fossil fuels, several incidents have linked the manufacture of these shining symbols of environmental virtue to a trail of chemical pollution. And it turns out that the time it takes to compensate for the energy used and the greenhouse gases emitted in photovoltaic panel production varies substantially by technology and geography.

It may be cleaner, but why don’t we start by being honest and acknowledge that it isn’t crystal clean.
Why don't you start being honest and admit that no one said that the whole of the process of creating and running an electric car was 100% clean? But very definitely far cleaner then the manufacture and running of an ICE.

Yep, we get it BuckToothMoron - there is no such thing as emission-free ANYTHING.

Including you (cut down on the beans will ya? ;-)

Derp

Of course we will never adopt and what's this Trump shit?

You think he started it..do you flake?

No he read us ....and copied off what we want that's why he is president.

You drinkin' bro?

Drinking what? , so in your world Trump started up the term Pocahontas, he started up we hate liberals like you ?

No idiot he is a reflection of us we started the war against liberals like you , it wasn't the Russians or Trump we just can't stand you ...does that hurt you bro?

Yep, we get it BuckToothMoron - there is no such thing as emission-free ANYTHING.

Including you (cut down on the beans will ya? ;-)

Derp

Of course their is ...

Derp

real-Flintstones-car.jpg

Nope -

Edit it much flake boi?

Forum List

Back