CA Governor Brown pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

My 92 chevy dually has two tanks , from South Carolina to Las Vegas I would be there a day already before you check in driving a telsa clown.

Wanna put a few grand on that my furry friend? :D

Longest Range Electric Car = Tesla Model S 100D (335 Miles!) | CleanTechnica

Music to the ears, and the smell of roses... lol

Noisy stinky rigs undrivable on the street.

Watch a Tesla Model S P100D set a new world record for a quarter-mile run

Now for most car manufacturers, the Model S P100D would represent an incredible achievement not in need of improvement. But seeing as how Elon Musk is an absolute glutton for raw speed, Tesla over the past few months has made the P100D even more of a speed demon.

Thanks to a recent over the air software update, P100D owners can now take advantage of a new Ludicrous+ Mode that can take the car from 0-60 in just 2.4 seconds. All the more impressive is that Musk relayed via a tweet earlier this month that a 0-60 time of 2.34 seconds might even be possible.

As for the P100D’s quarter mile time, well, that’s been improved upon as well. In fact, DragTimes recently took a few P100D vehicles out for a spin this weekend where they pushed the cars to new heights. Taking to a track at the Palm Beach International Raceway in Florida, DragTimes manged to post an official 1/4 mile time of just 10.72 seconds.

The video below which chronicles the achievement pits a Model S P100D against a 2017 640HP Cadillac CTS-V. When the dust settled, the Model S “set a new world record for the quickest stock 4 door sedan.” As a point of interest, the previous world record stood at 10.76 seconds

And you can cruise the Tesla through the Safeway parking lot without any noise whatsoever and in the comfort of a high end luxury car.

No, that is horseshit. A Charger ran a 10.59 stock last year!

Try fully reading the article. It said that was a record for the Tesla, not for production sedans. Guess which car will make 100,000 miles and beyond? LOL

Try reading the part you quoted...you know,. "quickest stock 4-door sedan".

First of all Tesla’s look like shit, Second of all they sound like shit, third of all no one can afford them, Fourth they are not tested for longevity, Fifth they run off of extremely toxic batteries, six accompany a subsidized by the US government so it makes it extremely worthless.

You don't know what you're talking about. They're built like a brick shithouse and the new 3 starts at 36k (BEFORE incentives). Grab your favorite petrol guzzler and meet me at the track Rufus.

Sure...but let's do a nice 250-mile back road loop on the way there, first. Oh, wait...if you do that, you won't be able to run, because your batteries are drained! My old Grem runs 10-flat, my wife's GN runs 10.70s. My Caddy would run high 11's, but that got me kicked out.

And you'll get bounced from the track for the same reason I did: no rollbar.

Maybe, maybe not;

The Tesla Model S Is So Safe It Broke the Crash-Testing Gear

Most cars get five stars in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s frontal crash protection test and four stars for side impact protection. But the Model S aced them all: front, side, pole, and rollover. And Tesla adds in its announcement that during a previous roof crush test used during validation, the machine failed while applying more than 4 G’s of pressure — the same as stacking four of the electric sedans on top of the car without the roof breaking.

When NHTSA added up all the scores, it totaled a combined five stars across the board — one of the highest ever recorded for a production vehicle.

*facepalm*

No...the NHRA says anything running faster than 11.99 in the 1/4 mile needs a rollbar!

Children and fanboys talk about 0-60. What is the 1/4 mile time and trap speed?
Tesla Model 3 hits 60 MPH in 4.66 seconds, passes quarter mile in 13.3

Respectable.

It's an electric motor, big fucking deal we knew about this for over 150 years...

You act like you were born yesterday .
That is the way you post. Your problem.

Me you post like a child creaming in his pants about antique technology when it comes to electric motors...

Ever want to know why they call diesel electric trains , Diesel electric trains idiot ?

The fucking diesel proprduces the God damn electricity to the electric motors..

You know how a fucking nuclear aircraft carrier or sub works?

The nuclear reactor produces the fucking electricity to the electric motors...

God this is not new technology...
Actually, no: the nuclear reactor produces superheated, high-pressure steam, to run turbines, to turn propellers.

Last modern car I had emission checked blew zero across the board. No unburned fuel, no carbon monoxides, no oxides of nitrogen. The guy was so surprised he ran the test again, with the same result. There are at least two levels of emission certification CLEANER than that Tier II ULEV.

I saw that vehicle, Fred Flintstone was driving it, and Barney Rubble was with him. I even remember Dino chasing the car and Fred yelling, "Yaba, Daba, Do!"
Are you intoxicated?

Right - so you understand that these charging stations will go in with solar panels yes?
Funny thing electric cars Are run by toxic batteries... lol
Funny, ICE engines emit all kinds of toxic gases, have toxic lead-acid batteries in them, and toxic oil in the crankcase. The batteries in EV's are sealed and can be re-cycled. You 'Conservatives' are so damned stupid in use arguements that invalidate your own points.
Last modern car I had emission checked blew zero across the board. No unburned fuel, no carbon monoxides, no oxides of nitrogen. The guy was so surprised he ran the test again, with the same result. There are at least two levels of emission certification CLEANER than that Tier II ULEV.

I saw that vehicle, Fred Flintstone was driving it, and Barney Rubble was with him. I even remember Dino chasing the car and Fred yelling, "Yaba, Daba, Do!"

Jarlaxle plans a "gay old time" in one of those later tonight! :D

Have you been drinking bong water again?

Oregon needs electric cars!

State government understands that their people are so stupid they can't pump their own gasoline without blowing themselves up.

Now why they feel those same folk can handle anything more powerful than a single AAA battery with electrocuting themselves...well, that's anybody's to guess.

Respectable.

It's an electric motor, big fucking deal we knew about this for over 150 years...

Me you post like a child creaming in his pants about antique technology when it comes to electric motors...

Ever want to know why they call diesel electric trains , Diesel electric trains idiot ?

Actually, no: the nuclear reactor produces superheated, high-pressure steam, to run turbines, to turn propellers.

Respectable.

Thank you, I fucked up

Now Bear, had you ever worked in maintenance in industry, you would know that there are many places that are difficult to drag a hose into. The battery powered industrial equipment is one of the best things that has ever happened to millwrights.

I know that old rocks, I remember one time I brought over a piece of Harden steal cylinder to my dad's shop , my dad thought he was the greatest tool maker on the planet .

He always thought I was a dumb shit and never worked on much ..

This cylinder was seized up ..he was using ever thing he could think of to drill the holes from masonary bits it was off the Rockwell hard as it could come..

Ok old rocks do we have a truce here? Yes I admit you can't drag cords or air hoses around...

I have and and am kind of good at numerous trades..

But you want continuous power pneumatic is the way to go, you want convenience, yes for certain applications battery is way better for sheet rock building a house , throwing in some bolts drilling something real fast ..ect...

They all have their applications..

Come on old rocks we all like cool new toys , I can admit that , but you always go overboard,

Do you still have this?

720361005963.jpg

Or use this ?

makita-oscillating-tools-xmt03z-64_1000.jpg

It also good to pay attention to the title of your thread. “Zero emission cars”!

Right - so you understand that these charging stations will go in with solar panels yes?
Wow, just wow.

How were the solar panels made? What powered the machines to make them? Where they manufactured outdoors using no lights? How about the process that made the charging station. What is it made of? Plastics, metals, polymers? How were they made?

Add another thousand little parts made the same way, with something that requires petroleum to manufacture, including the car itself.

Zero emissions are laughable at best. An outright lie usually.

It also good to pay attention to the title of your thread. “Zero emission cars”!

Wow, just wow.

How were the solar panels made? What powered the machines to make them? Where they manufactured outdoors using no lights? How about the process that made the charging station. What is it made of? Plastics, metals, polymers? How were they made?

Add another thousand little parts made the same way, with something that requires petroleum to manufacture, including the car itself.

Zero emissions are laughable at best. An outright lie usually.
Stupid ass, no one has recommended that we not use oil to create plastics and other materials. In fact, burning this industrial feedstock is kind of stupid.

I'm a Trump supporter and could care less! And given California is going to ADD a milage tax to register fees those folks are saving no money.let the bozo King run his state anyway he wants while it still exists. It's a glowing example of Marxist overreach and civil rights violations.

Last edited:
The top one, yes, the bottom one, no.

You should get the bottom one it works great, better the a razor blade and a square over your head..

A nice cut.

When dealing with sheet rock it sucks, patching a hole and trying to make the next one fit perfectly..

Also learned this..screw the tape..

Use this works great

View attachment 173740

You don't have to get your hands dirty, it sticks to the imperfections..mud right over it..sand paint complete

I have used that stuff. Don't do much carpentry work anymore. Mostly work with water and air systems at present. Do a lot of lab work, pH, turbidity, alkalinity, chlorine, and chloride measurements. If I go back to Heat Treat this June, I will be working on large machinery again. Might be doing more carpentry, as that unit is the red headed step child of the mill, and they don't always get help from the mill.

The Earth's surface, on average, receives about a thousands watts (one kilowatt) of solar light energy per square meter. So, if we were assuming perfect, 100% efficient solar panels (I believe the best ones are up to about 20% at this time), you're looking at 145 square meters of area of solar panels to achieve that rate. More realistically, you're looking at hundreds of square meters at least.

And that's to halfway charge a car in a third of an hour? An hour and a quarter for a full charge? I can completely fill the tank in my conventional car, probably in about five minutes or less. Who can spare the time to spend more of it waiting for his car to charge, compared to how long he spends actually driving it?

You're missing the point of electric cars. Though not practical for everyone, I don't know anyone who drives much more than 320 miles a day (5 hours or so straight or round trip) - You? For the few who do you're correct, the technology isn't QUITE there .. but it will be.

In fact, Tesla makes a semi-tractor that will do up to 500 miles a day. UPS just bought a shit-ton:

UPS Pre-Orders 125 Tesla Electric Trucks
Only 500 miles... lol what a piece of shit

Forum List

Back