CA Governor Brown pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

Still it is not American, especially when it subsidized by the federal government

So what will likely be the MOST American car is not an American car?

Okee

There is no such thing as an American car anymore, that’s just the facts. I get it you love teslas, that is fine ~ they just look like dog shit to me.
We don’t have emissions tests up here in the northern plains, They are not needed.

It's nice that you take pride in your ignorance, and seem to believe posting invidious comments is a good way to communicate your lack of knowledge with so many people.

Control freaks like yourself need to stick to themselves

Once again, an idiot-gram wrapped in an ad hominem. Tesla's is the future, only fools and those who profit from petroleum cast such aspersions.

See: https://nypost.com/2017/12/19/ups-buying-largest-order-yet-of-teslas-electric-semi-trucks/

and,

Photos of Teslas - Google Search

So much for Rustic's credibility.
I would like to take a dump in the Tesla because they look like a fucking shit house

Pie in the sky...
We get it you love teslas, the rest of us hate the fuckers.
Quit trying to sell your shit to other people

Perhaps people in the rural parts of the Plains states and deep south hate them. I live in redder than red Idaho - people in Boise LOVE the damn things. I see more of them on the road every day and we'll be getting a dealership likely by the end of this year. UPS just bought 25 million worth of Tesla tractors - and they don't make stupid business decisions.
Electric cars have problems with elevation changes and temperature changes. Their performance decreases

I have used that stuff. Don't do much carpentry work anymore. Mostly work with water and air systems at present. Do a lot of lab work, pH, turbidity, alkalinity, chlorine, and chloride measurements. If I go back to Heat Treat this June, I will be working on large machinery again. Might be doing more carpentry, as that unit is the red headed step child of the mill, and they don't always get help from the mill.

It's in our blood, it's what we know

We love to mess around fixing stuff, I wish I could learn everything you know and I think you could wish everything I know about how to fix industrial machines and easy stuff and pass it on to the next generation..we have you tube and stuff..but

Stuff gets lost ..

The Earth's surface, on average, receives about a thousands watts (one kilowatt) of solar light energy per square meter. So, if we were assuming perfect, 100% efficient solar panels (I believe the best ones are up to about 20% at this time), you're looking at 145 square meters of area of solar panels to achieve that rate. More realistically, you're looking at hundreds of square meters at least.

And that's to halfway charge a car in a third of an hour? An hour and a quarter for a full charge? I can completely fill the tank in my conventional car, probably in about five minutes or less. Who can spare the time to spend more of it waiting for his car to charge, compared to how long he spends actually driving it?

You're missing the point of electric cars. Though not practical for everyone, I don't know anyone who drives much more than 320 miles a day (5 hours or so straight or round trip) - You? For the few who do you're correct, the technology isn't QUITE there .. but it will be.

In fact, Tesla makes a semi-tractor that will do up to 500 miles a day. UPS just bought a shit-ton:

UPS Pre-Orders 125 Tesla Electric Trucks
Only 500 miles... lol what a piece of shit
500 miles with a full load. 1/2 hour for a 400 mile recharge. That is damned good.

So what will likely be the MOST American car is not an American car?

Okee

There is no such thing as an American car anymore, that’s just the facts. I get it you love teslas, that is fine ~ they just look like dog shit to me.
We don’t have emissions tests up here in the northern plains, They are not needed.

It's nice that you take pride in your ignorance, and seem to believe posting invidious comments is a good way to communicate your lack of knowledge with so many people.

Control freaks like yourself need to stick to themselves

Once again, an idiot-gram wrapped in an ad hominem. Tesla's is the future, only fools and those who profit from petroleum cast such aspersions.

See: https://nypost.com/2017/12/19/ups-buying-largest-order-yet-of-teslas-electric-semi-trucks/

and,

Photos of Teslas - Google Search

So much for Rustic's credibility.
I would like to take a dump in the Tesla because they look like a fucking shit house

That's getting boring..

One more time: the Tesla semi does not exist. It is vaporware, and the "500 mile" range is only a pie in the sky claim by one man.

Sorry but it damn sure does. UPS just bought 25 million worth. You think they didn't test the range first?

Is Exxon paying you to troll?

The truckers I know would get fired if they only drove 500 miles a day... Pussy-fied is what you call that. 500 miles.., lol

The Earth's surface, on average, receives about a thousands watts (one kilowatt) of solar light energy per square meter. So, if we were assuming perfect, 100% efficient solar panels (I believe the best ones are up to about 20% at this time), you're looking at 145 square meters of area of solar panels to achieve that rate. More realistically, you're looking at hundreds of square meters at least.

And that's to halfway charge a car in a third of an hour? An hour and a quarter for a full charge? I can completely fill the tank in my conventional car, probably in about five minutes or less. Who can spare the time to spend more of it waiting for his car to charge, compared to how long he spends actually driving it?

You're missing the point of electric cars. Though not practical for everyone, I don't know anyone who drives much more than 320 miles a day (5 hours or so straight or round trip) - You? For the few who do you're correct, the technology isn't QUITE there .. but it will be.

In fact, Tesla makes a semi-tractor that will do up to 500 miles a day. UPS just bought a shit-ton:

UPS Pre-Orders 125 Tesla Electric Trucks
Only 500 miles... lol what a piece of shit
500 miles with a full load. 1/2 hour for a 400 mile recharge. That is damned good.

I don't know old rocks the worse feeling of all when I was on a battery powered fork lift is the power died on me..

Then I had to hop off and get a propane one ..

One more time: the Tesla semi does not exist. It is vaporware, and the "500 mile" range is only a pie in the sky claim by one man.

Sorry but it damn sure does. UPS just bought 25 million worth. You think they didn't test the range first?

Is Exxon paying you to troll?

The truckers I know would get fired if they only drove 500 miles a day... Pussy-fied is what you call that. 500 miles.., lol

I thought they have log books?

So if a car is 95% American - that's not good enough to call it an American car - and they allow you to roll coal in the Northern Plains??

Dude, you've blown a gasket
There is no law against diesel motors up here, you’re too much of a control freak for your own good
Dumb fuck, the laws are federal air pollution laws, and the states cannot abrogate them.
There’s no such thing as emissions tests up here on peoples cars. Thank God we don’t need a bunch of fucking cowardly control freaks like that here
Silly ass. There is no need for emission tests to enforce the law on messing with the air pollution controls on vehicles. What do you think got VW in so much trouble.
Up here in the northern plains states we are not required to bring vehicles into have emission tests, There is no need for that pussy-fied shit.

there is a chemical reaction in the batteries that emits gases...that breaks the zero emission idea..

Okay fair enuf - however not much of a comparison

Gasoline vs Electric—Who Wins on Lifetime Global Warming Emissions? We Found Out
I don’t give a shit keep that shit to yourselves, good ol’ American horse power works just fine for me.
:dance:
You mean those slow ass antique ICE's? Tesla P100D 2.28 seconds 0 to 60.

2017 Tesla Model S P100D First Test: A New Record - 0-60 MPH in 2.28 Seconds! - Motor Trend

The only cars that can match it start out at about 1 million dollars. Porche, MaClaren, and Ferrari. And then there is the Roadster coming out in 2020. 1.9 seconds 0 to 60. And none of those can match that yet. But they will, Ferrari has already said that they will build a car that can beat that. Probably for about a million dollars versus the built in American Roadster that will have a base model that sells for 1/4 that. No specs on the performance of the upscale model. Oh yeah, 620 miles range.

Yeah...when you rig the test, it looks GREAT! Car & Driver ran their Tesla at the 2016 Lightning Lap at VIR...it didn't fare very well.

On a roadcourse, the Tesla gets its ass kicked by a "mighty" Hyundai Genesis and a Chevy Cobalt SS. (It did match a 5600lb Jeep Grand Cherokee, though.) It cannot make ONE lap without going into reduced-power mode! (In fact, it barely makes a quarter of a lap.)

The Tesla also has the distinction of being one of exactly two cars to have the brakes go completely to the floor...fortunately, unlike the other car it happened to, they didn't crash the Tesla.
The Tesla is not a race car. This is;

Sounds like shit looks like shit must be shit

Let renewables mature into a viable energy source, there is no hurry.
Already a very viable energy source, and getting bigger every year.

The future of renewable energy is in Texas

Renewable energy isn't at a crossroads in the U.S. so much as on a two-lane highway: While the federal government hits the gas on fossil fuels, states are speeding ahead to develop renewable energy -- and reaching new milestones.

For example, enough solar energy is being collected every year to power all the single-family homes in Florida. Three states generate more than one-third of their energy from wind and solar. Some 160,000 electric cars were sold last year -- enough to supply the entire population of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. And earlier this year, wind and solar produced one-tenth of the nation's energy for an entire month.

A recent report highlights the states that are most quickly embracing renewable energy. And the leaders are not what many people might expect. Yes, California has some of the most pro-environment laws on the books. But the state that produces the most renewable energy in terms of sheer quantity? It's Texas. The states that generate the largest portion of their power from renewables: Iowa, Oklahoma, Kansas and the Dakotas.

wind-maps.png

Looks to me as if renewables are coming on like gangbusters.
Like I said I have no problem with renewables, They just are not mature enough to be a viable energy source yet. When their time is here great there’s no hurry.
Up here in the northern plains they are not A viable energy source whatsoever.
Liar. 5,000 to 7,999 MW in North Dakata, 2,000 to 4,999 MW in South Dakota and Nebraska. Much more to come when we get a forward looking admin that will find a way to put a grid to where the wind is.
Renewables don’t work worth a shit up here, there is far too much distance between population centers. Plus they’re constantly tearing down turbinesThey put up just a few years ago because the bearings wear out killing the efficiency.
Solar is a bit better and farther along but still there is not enough real estate to supply the energy needs
DICKINSON -- While the oil boom in North Dakota may be over, the recent wind boom could be here to stay.

In the past decade, there have been more than 400 wind turbines placed on the western side of the state with an additional 550 proposed to be constructed by 2018.

The North Dakota Public Service Commission has approved every wind farm in the state and Commissioner Brian Kalk said there will only be more wind farm developments in the future.

“North Dakota’s wind capacity is the best in the country,” Kalk said.

Kalk said other states are relying on North Dakota to reach renewable energy portfolio standards in the future. Thirty states have adopted RPS, which requires a specific percentage or amount of renewable energy sources such as wind, solar, biomass and geothermal be produced within a certain amount of time.

Western North Dakota in the midst of a wind boom

Funny, the people in North Dakota say different.
Funny I live up here, and they’re constantly turn them pieces of shit down. There used to be a lot more several years ago. They’re not very efficient at all

I have used that stuff. Don't do much carpentry work anymore. Mostly work with water and air systems at present. Do a lot of lab work, pH, turbidity, alkalinity, chlorine, and chloride measurements. If I go back to Heat Treat this June, I will be working on large machinery again. Might be doing more carpentry, as that unit is the red headed step child of the mill, and they don't always get help from the mill.

It's in our blood, it's what we know

We love to mess around fixing stuff, I wish I could learn everything you know and I think you could wish everything I know about how to fix industrial machines and easy stuff and pass it on to the next generation..we have you tube and stuff..but

Stuff gets lost ..
Boy, you can say that again. I worked with an old millwright, long since gone, that knew 8 ways of lacing a belt. He taught me three of them. I used one of them 20 years ago. Was hero for a day, as we were in snow conditions, and the vulcanizing people could not get through, and the belt went over a magnet, so could not use a belt clip for that reason. I don't know if I remember enough of that method to do it again. You made two rows of holes in each end and and laced it in a certain way, you could cut every other lace, and it would still hold.

They send a lot of the apprentices to me to train when I am working on the big machinery. They all say the learn a lot from me. You know, I learn just as much from them. They come at problems in different ways, and sometimes cause me to realize that I have become set in my ways and am just doing what I always have without looking for a better way with the tools we have now. Yes, were we to work together for a while, we would learn much from each other. That is the way of craftsmen. I have never worked with any craftsman that I did not learn a lot from. One thing I have noticed about most craftsmen is that they are fiddle footed. Often getting a new job just because they are bored with the old one.

Renewable energy isn't at a crossroads in the U.S. so much as on a two-lane highway: While the federal government hits the gas on fossil fuels, states are speeding ahead to develop renewable energy -- and reaching new milestones.

For example, enough solar energy is being collected every year to power all the single-family homes in Florida. Three states generate more than one-third of their energy from wind and solar. Some 160,000 electric cars were sold last year -- enough to supply the entire population of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. And earlier this year, wind and solar produced one-tenth of the nation's energy for an entire month.

A recent report highlights the states that are most quickly embracing renewable energy. And the leaders are not what many people might expect. Yes, California has some of the most pro-environment laws on the books. But the state that produces the most renewable energy in terms of sheer quantity? It's Texas. The states that generate the largest portion of their power from renewables: Iowa, Oklahoma, Kansas and the Dakotas.

wind-maps.png

Like I said I have no problem with renewables, They just are not mature enough to be a viable energy source yet. When their time is here great there’s no hurry.
Liar. 5,000 to 7,999 MW in North Dakata, 2,000 to 4,999 MW in South Dakota and Nebraska. Much more to come when we get a forward looking admin that will find a way to put a grid to where the wind is.
Renewables don’t work worth a shit up here, there is far too much distance between population centers. Plus they’re constantly tearing down turbinesThey put up just a few years ago because the bearings wear out killing the efficiency.
Solar is a bit better and farther along but still there is not enough real estate to supply the energy needs
Looks like people in South Dakota like wind power, also;

South Dakota Wind Energy Projects
It’s actually a fucking joke, that’s why miles of coal trains power the power plants around here

First of all Tesla’s look like shit, Second of all they sound like shit, third of all no one can afford them, Fourth they are not tested for longevity, Fifth they run off of extremely toxic batteries, six accompany a subsidized by the US government so it makes it extremely worthless.

You don't know what you're talking about. They're built like a brick shithouse and the new 3 starts at 36k (BEFORE incentives). Grab your favorite petrol guzzler and meet me at the track Rufus.

Sure...but let's do a nice 250-mile back road loop on the way there, first. Oh, wait...if you do that, you won't be able to run, because your batteries are drained! My old Grem runs 10-flat, my wife's GN runs 10.70s. My Caddy would run high 11's, but that got me kicked out.

And you'll get bounced from the track for the same reason I did: no rollbar.

Maybe, maybe not;

The Tesla Model S Is So Safe It Broke the Crash-Testing Gear

Most cars get five stars in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s frontal crash protection test and four stars for side impact protection. But the Model S aced them all: front, side, pole, and rollover. And Tesla adds in its announcement that during a previous roof crush test used during validation, the machine failed while applying more than 4 G’s of pressure — the same as stacking four of the electric sedans on top of the car without the roof breaking.

When NHTSA added up all the scores, it totaled a combined five stars across the board — one of the highest ever recorded for a production vehicle.

You’re missing the point, you expect other people to be interested in teslas and the like. I don’t think so sell your snake oil somewhere else

More likely, them passing me by where I'd be stopped by the roadside, with drained batteries; waiting for a tow truck to tow me to the nearest charge station, and then to the nearest place where I can rent another car to get me the rest of the way home, then back the next day to where my car was left charging overnight.

Except that I'm not dumb enough that if I had that kind of money, I'd spend it on a smaller electric car that was inadequate for my needs, when, for the same money, I could get a bigger, more durable vehicle, with more range, and more room for me and my tools.

Lol Bob, assuming you don't arrive home too drunk to remember to plug it in, the 320 mile range is gonna get you through your 160 mile R/T commute just fine.

But guaranteed, one of your work buds will arrive on the job in one of these around 5 years from today and you'll go WHAAAAAA :confused-84: :confused-84: :confused-84:

An electric pickup truck will be Tesla's top priority after the Model Y

046cb522e29240c4832d9bc2cd6a781c.jpeg
Looks like a glorified Honda passport piece of shit… I’d be embarrassed to drive that hunk of shit

Music to the ears, and the smell of roses... lol

Noisy stinky rigs undrivable on the street.

Watch a Tesla Model S P100D set a new world record for a quarter-mile run

Now for most car manufacturers, the Model S P100D would represent an incredible achievement not in need of improvement. But seeing as how Elon Musk is an absolute glutton for raw speed, Tesla over the past few months has made the P100D even more of a speed demon.

Thanks to a recent over the air software update, P100D owners can now take advantage of a new Ludicrous+ Mode that can take the car from 0-60 in just 2.4 seconds. All the more impressive is that Musk relayed via a tweet earlier this month that a 0-60 time of 2.34 seconds might even be possible.

As for the P100D’s quarter mile time, well, that’s been improved upon as well. In fact, DragTimes recently took a few P100D vehicles out for a spin this weekend where they pushed the cars to new heights. Taking to a track at the Palm Beach International Raceway in Florida, DragTimes manged to post an official 1/4 mile time of just 10.72 seconds.

The video below which chronicles the achievement pits a Model S P100D against a 2017 640HP Cadillac CTS-V. When the dust settled, the Model S “set a new world record for the quickest stock 4 door sedan.” As a point of interest, the previous world record stood at 10.76 seconds

And you can cruise the Tesla through the Safeway parking lot without any noise whatsoever and in the comfort of a high end luxury car.

No, that is horseshit. A Charger ran a 10.59 stock last year!

Try fully reading the article. It said that was a record for the Tesla, not for production sedans. Guess which car will make 100,000 miles and beyond? LOL

Tell us when it makes it to 3 million miles ..also tell us when they will make an average cell phone battery that will last more then a day ...

Case in point is Irv Gordon of East Patchogue, New York, who holds the Guinness world record for racking up the highest mileage in the same vehicle. At last count he's clocked over 2,900,000 miles on the Volvo 1800 S coupe he purchased back in 1966 and is aiming for a cool three million.Dec 9, 2011
Cars That Can Run For Over 200,000 Miles - Forbes

The Tesla Semi is guaranteed for 1 million miles. Most fleets only keep their diesels for 500,000 miles because of maintenance issues.

I would never trust the word of a shit company like Tesla the motherfuckers are corrupt to the core spineless coward

More likely, them passing me by where I'd be stopped by the roadside, with drained batteries; waiting for a tow truck to tow me to the nearest charge station, and then to the nearest place where I can rent another car to get me the rest of the way home, then back the next day to where my car was left charging overnight.

Except that I'm not dumb enough that if I had that kind of money, I'd spend it on a smaller electric car that was inadequate for my needs, when, for the same money, I could get a bigger, more durable vehicle, with more range, and more room for me and my tools.

Lol Bob, assuming you don't arrive home too drunk to remember to plug it in, the 320 mile range is gonna get you through your 160 mile R/T commute just fine.

But guaranteed, one of your work buds will arrive on the job in one of these around 5 years from today and you'll go WHAAAAAA :confused-84: :confused-84: :confused-84:

Why no trailer hitch?
Does every ICE pickup on the lot have a hitch on it? Those are usually an extra, added when you order it on you new vehicle. An EV pickup or van would be the ideal EV. Acres of room underneath for batteries. If the Roadster can manage 620 miles, one of these could probably manage 1000 miles.
Have you ever owned cordless tools and a smart phone? Batteries suck ass

OK, Rustic, you don't like any EV. We accept that. And it does not change the fact that Tesla has over 600,000 orders for the Tesla 3, and sold 120,000 S and X Tesla's last year. And has hundreds of orders for the Semi, and over 1000 orders for the Roadster. Do you think anyone at Tesla cares in the least what you think of any Tesla?

In five years, the EV will be cheaper than the ICE, and have a much better range. Doesn't really have to add to performance. By then, I will probably have driven the wheels off my present rigs, and will buy an EV to replace them.

wind-maps.png

Apparently education doesn't work well up there either.
Renewable energy up here in the northern plains is all for show and really not much of any use. fact

Why no trailer hitch?
Does every ICE pickup on the lot have a hitch on it? Those are usually an extra, added when you order it on you new vehicle. An EV pickup or van would be the ideal EV. Acres of room underneath for batteries. If the Roadster can manage 620 miles, one of these could probably manage 1000 miles.

Jesus, I show our furry friend bear a bitchin Tesla pickup and he wants to know where the damn trailer hitch is :laugh:
If you tried to pull anything with that little toy it would fall apart

Forum List

Back