Cable TV Series

DudleySmith

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2020
I've been checking out TV series and shows on DVD at the library, seeing if I missed any good ones. I liked Justified, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, and a couple of the Viking series, and Fargo, too.

Recently checked out It, a Brit show, not awful but 1 or 2 episodes was 'it' for me.

Also checked out Yellowstone. it's okay but nothing I can get into.

Also checked out Hollow Crown series, but couldn't get into it, even though I'm a fan of those kinds of movies, like Henry V.

Homeland appears to be good, I'm going to watch the 3rd episode tonight. I like the actor from Band Of Brothers and most of the other actors are good.

The Americans, set in the eighties, about deep-cover Soviet spies posing as an American family in suburban Washington.

Southland, police procedural set in LA, better than most such shows in an over-crowded genre.

Veep, Julia Louis-Dreyfus as a dysfunctional Vice President. Funny as hell.

24, the Kiefer Sutherland action show from early 2000’s. Hasn’t aged that well, but seasons 4 and 5 are still worth binge watching.

Damages, great underrated high stakes legal drama starring Glenn Close. Made me wish I was a litigation attorney just to experience making rich men bleed.

The Shield, best police show ever. Especially the last couple seasons. Like Breaking Bad, it makes you question the “hero” of the show and question why you’re rooting for him.

The Americans, set in the eighties, about deep-cover Soviet spies posing as an American family in suburban Washington.

I was going to look at that one next.
Southland, police procedural set in LA, better than most such shows in an over-crowded genre.

Veep, Julia Louis-Dreyfus as a dysfunctional Vice President. Funny as hell.

24, the Kiefer Sutherland action show from early 2000’s. Hasn’t aged that well, but seasons 4 and 5 are still worth binge watching.

Damages, great underrated high stakes legal drama starring Glenn Close. Made me wish I was a litigation attorney just to experience making rich men bleed.

The Shield, best police show ever. Especially the last couple seasons. Like Breaking Bad, it makes you question the “hero” of the show and question why you’re rooting for him.

Never heard of those. I'll check them out. I don't think they have the last one or some of the others yet, but maybe I can get them to buy those; I'm a member of the 'Friends of the Library' volunteer group, but I just make suggestions on books and do building stuff.

Forum List

Back