Caitlyn Jenner ad is a ‘celebration’ of trans people

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
original

A flooring company based in Crumlin has said its billboard featuring a photo of Caitlyn Jenner alongside the phrase ‘Fancy a Change?’ is a “celebration” of the trans community.

When Hamptons Floor Store shared images of the billboard on its Facebook page a number of commenters labelled it distasteful and transphobic. However, others saw the lighter side or described it as nothing more than clever marketing.

The ‘Get Laid’ hashtag has been used by the company in previous advertising campaigns. A spokesperson has refuted claims the advertisement is transphobic.

Dublin flooring company says Caitlyn Jenner ad is a ‘celebration’ of trans people

sorry, but I don't find the ad in good taste. There could have been so many other ads she could have put her face or name on instead

sorry, but I don't find the ad in good taste. There could have been so many other ads she could have put her face or name on instead

Did Bruce change his chromosomes? Not a her. A freak. The only place that belongs is a Halloween ad.

It's not transphobic, that means fear, hate or distrust of trannies. The ad makes sense, Bruce changed into Catlin. He put on a dress and had his face remodeled. That's a pretty apt comparison to reflooring/redoing a room.

For those who insist on labeling this something, how about transphilic?

It's not transphobic, that means fear, hate or distrust of trannies. The ad makes sense, Bruce changed into Catlin. He put on a dress and had his face remodeled. That's a pretty apt comparison to reflooring/redoing a room.

For those who insist on labeling this something, how about transphilic?

How about just fucking "weird" ?

Did Bruce change his chromosomes? Not a her. A freak. The only place that belongs is a Halloween ad.

Legally Jenner is a she
Yes. She, he, him and her are all social brands. However, Caitlyn is a female. Cant argue with biology :)
Of course you can't argue, it's legal!

Their choices. Although, I wonder, if an SM theme ad was made, would it be equally praised? It's like how TV shows these days have way more interracial couples (like Vampire Diaries) than there actually are in the real life. Same logic.

Their choices. Although, I wonder, if an SM theme ad was made, would it be equally praised? It's like how TV shows these days have way more interracial couples (like Vampire Diaries) than there actually are in the real life. Same logic.
What's SM?

Whip, candle wax, that kind of sexual attraction. Was just pointing out how some things are forcefully "supported" as opposed to letting things happen naturally.

Not really.

I don't think anyone believes that putting a new floor in a room changes that room into something other than what it is.

Jenner.jpg

Whip, candle wax, that kind of sexual attraction. Was just pointing out how some things are forcefully "supported" as opposed to letting things happen naturally.
I understood your point. I just didn't know what SM was.

Legally Jenner is a she

The Supreme Court once ruled that a tomato is not a fruit.

But it's nonsense. Law cannot trump hard science.

A tomato is a fruit, no matter what any law or any court says. So is Mr. Jenner.

Forum List

Back