Calif Train to Nowhere Cost At $77B and

unlike You, i understand economics.

compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment promotes our economy with a positive multiplier effect and automatically stabilizes our economy.

You understand being lazy and wanting to sit on your fat ass while others foot the bill.

I understand economics, you understand lazy.
appealing to emotions instead of the Good of our Republic, is a fallacy and error in patriotic reasoning.

No emotion on my part, we WORK for the Good of our Republic and those that WORK for the Good of our Republic should be rewarded and compensation for the WORK. The lazy are not working period and so no Good comes of that to us or to the Republic.

Have anymore fallacy BS you want to try to pass off?

I am all for helping the poor and the disabled Americans in our country, I will not support the lazy that are able to work and decide they don't want to.
that only works in right wing special pleading. Capitalism has a Natural rate of unemployment merely for the sake of the capital bottom line. That places a Burden on Labor.

Sorry, if you want a job in today's economy you will find one, if you want to sit on your ass and say you can't find one, it is because you aren't trying at all.

Our company is hiring and can't find enough people to work and we are paying over $20 an hour for those jobs.

If you are lazy and don't look for work, then you earn what you get, nothing.
You can't hire everyone who wants to work, even if you tried. Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment.

Only capital need circulate to improve the efficiency of our economy.

You understand being lazy and wanting to sit on your fat ass while others foot the bill.

I understand economics, you understand lazy.
appealing to emotions instead of the Good of our Republic, is a fallacy and error in patriotic reasoning.

No emotion on my part, we WORK for the Good of our Republic and those that WORK for the Good of our Republic should be rewarded and compensation for the WORK. The lazy are not working period and so no Good comes of that to us or to the Republic.

I am all for helping the poor and the disabled Americans in our country, I will not support the lazy that are able to work and decide they don't want to.
that only works in right wing special pleading. Capitalism has a Natural rate of unemployment merely for the sake of the capital bottom line. That places a Burden on Labor.

Sorry, if you want a job in today's economy you will find one, if you want to sit on your ass and say you can't find one, it is because you aren't trying at all.

Our company is hiring and can't find enough people to work and we are paying over $20 an hour for those jobs.

You can't hire everyone who wants to work, even if you tried. Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment.

Look, there are jobs for those that want to work, you can give all the excuses you choose, however capitalism allows us to create our own jobs should chose. I don't buy your theory.

Look, there are jobs for those that want to work, you can give all the excuses you choose, however capitalism allows us to create our own jobs should chose. I don't buy your theory.
It isn't a theory. It is a proven fact that capital Must circulate to produce a positive multiplier effect.

It just shows how brain-addled liberals are that they actually THINK any train route can compete with the most heavily traveled and one of the cheapest air routes on this planet: Bay Area to LA Area. Between the 3 Bay Area major airports and the 5 LA Area airports, there are literally flights every couple of minutes throughout the day. For less than $100 each way, sometimes far cheaper if you shop around. Which takes less than an hour.

Given the overall costs and its normal operating costs, Brown's ridiculous choo-choo will have to charge a fuck of a lot more than $100 each way just to make ends meet. Now using human-nature-logic, why the fuck would a person pay a huge amount of money to get from SF-LA in three hours when they could pay a much, much smaller amount and get there in only one hour on a plane? The project itself defies basic common sense in more ways than I can even keep track of.

It just shows how brain-addled liberals are that they actually THINK any train route can compete with the most heavily traveled and one of the cheapest air routes on this planet: Bay Area to LA Area. Between the 3 Bay Area major airports and the 5 LA Area airports, there are literally flights every couple of minutes throughout the day. For less than $100 each way, sometimes far cheaper if you shop around. Which takes less than an hour.

Given the overall costs and its normal operating costs, Brown's ridiculous choo-choo will have to charge a fuck of a lot more than $100 each way just to make ends meet. Now using human-nature-logic, why the fuck would a person pay a huge amount of money to get from SF-LA in three hours when they could pay a much, much smaller amount and get there in only one hour on a plane? The project itself defies basic common sense in more ways than I can even keep track of.

Without taxpayer subsidies, there would be no public transportation at all. In my county we get charged 6 cents on every dollar we spend to support public transportation, mostly the busses. But it goes for the trains as well since it's run by the same company RTA.

Without taxpayer subsidies, there would be no public transportation at all. In my county we get charged 6 cents on every dollar we spend to support public transportation, mostly the busses. But it goes for the trains as well since it's run by the same company RTA.

Here in Cally, it's mainly the taxpayers that are paying for this choo-choo (no matter what lies liberalfilth tell you to the contrary) that we all know will never be built anyway! It's just a front for Jerry Brown-as-in-shit's extreme leftist cronies to embezzle gigantic amounts of public funds. There is nothing CA's liberal walking colostomy bags love more than Fucking over fellow Americans with a capital F. It's the only thing that gives (whatever passes for) their reproductive systems any hint of sexual pleasure. Brown himself once said that American taxpayers were the "ultimate freeloaders" for opposing his sanctuary cities/welfare benefits to illegals. Utterly the most American-hating walking protozoa on this planet.

Here in Cally, it's mainly the taxpayers that are paying for this choo-choo (no matter what lies liberalfilth tell you to the contrary) that we all know will never be built anyway! It's just a front for Jerry Brown-as-in-shit's extreme leftist cronies to embezzle gigantic amounts of public funds. There is nothing CA's liberal walking colostomy bags love more than Fucking over fellow Americans with a capital F. It's the only thing that gives (whatever passes for) their reproductive systems any hint of sexual pleasure. Brown himself once said that American taxpayers were the "ultimate freeloaders" for opposing his sanctuary cities/welfare benefits to illegals. Utterly the most American-hating walking protozoa on this planet.

Actually the trains were kicked off by Obama. He did the same thing here, but then Governor Kasich sent the check back to the feds and told them to stick it. I'm no longer a Kasich fan, but it was one of the best things he did for our state looking in hindsight at California.

The left constantly complains about us arming up to defend this country and ward off aggressors, but the billions spent on this global warming myth, they don't have a care in the world about wasting that kind of money.

Actually the trains were kicked off by Obama. He did the same thing here, but then Governor Kasich sent the check back to the feds and told them to stick it. I'm no longer a Kasich fan, but it was one of the best things he did for our state looking in hindsight at California.

The left constantly complains about us arming up to defend this country and ward off aggressors, but the billions spent on this global warming myth, they don't have a care in the world about wasting that kind of money.

It shows how stupid Obamaggot really is: it's a geographical fact that interstate distances in America are so gargantuan (compared to individual European countries or Japan) that it's only natural that commercial flight is going to have an extreme hegemony over trains when it comes to long-distance passenger travel. It's a very simple fact: a long-distance passenger train will NEVER make a profit in America no matter what it offers. Because with our country's distances, planes only takes hours where trains can take days.

Don't get me wrong, I've actually enjoyed Amtrak on occasion. It had some luxury features that airplanes don't offer (no oppressive security bureaucracy, twice the seat space/legroom, far superior meals, etc.), but I wouldn't want to spend a couple of days cooped up in one. And in most cases a coach seat in Amtrak is only somewhat cheaper than flying, I'd say about 3/4 the cost; a private room (which I've never done) costs astronomically more. Trains and planes have their advantages & disadvantages but overall a plane is just so much quicker.

As was stated by the leftist,the camp fire battle was hindered by heavy winds.
Not all fires are hindered by high winds. This of course would allow more man power to be put in place in areas that couldnt be fought by air.
They may not need 300 of these aircraft but several dozen extras would be helpful considering California's wildfire history.

Please name the major fires in California which were NOT hindered by high winds.

Rather than spending the incredible amount necessary to maintain 30 giant tankers, after the purchase of the tankers, they could easily do controlled burns for several years and drastically reduce the intensity of their fires of today.

Not all fires are hindered by high winds. This of course would allow more man power to be put in place in areas that couldnt be fought by air.
They may not need 300 of these aircraft but several dozen extras would be helpful considering California's wildfire history.

Please name the major fires in California which were NOT hindered by high winds.

Rather than spending the incredible amount necessary to maintain 30 giant tankers, after the purchase of the tankers, they could easily do controlled burns for several years and drastically reduce the intensity of their fires of today.

Or they could allow the dead wood to be collected and sold for firewood. I'm sure California has some law against burning fires, but outside in free America, there are plenty of real Americans willing to buy it.

Or they could allow the dead wood to be collected and sold for firewood. I'm sure California has some law against burning fires, but outside in free America, there are plenty of real Americans willing to buy it.

Although...there may be a law preventing collection of dead wood.

I don't know if it's a law or not, but at the beginning, I did read some leftist op-eds on the subject. Their claim is that removing dead wood messes with the eco system so the wood should be left there to deteriorate naturally. Well........fires are natural too.

But instead of blaming the snowflakes, they blame global warming instead. It would kill them to take wood and send it out to be burned by camp goers and people who have wood fireplaces up north. I have an all brick fireplace in my backyard. Nothing more relaxing in the summer than making a nice fire and watching the sun go down with an 8-pack. However wood can get pretty pricy.

I don't know if it's a law or not, but at the beginning, I did read some leftist op-eds on the subject. Their claim is that removing dead wood messes with the eco system so the wood should be left there to deteriorate naturally. Well........fires are natural too.

But instead of blaming the snowflakes, they blame global warming instead. It would kill them to take wood and send it out to be burned by camp goers and people who have wood fireplaces up north. I have an all brick fireplace in my backyard. Nothing more relaxing in the summer than making a nice fire and watching the sun go down with an 8-pack. However wood can get pretty pricy.

Well, they definitely don't want the campers there. That's been made pretty clear in Yosemite. The wood fireplaces, I'm guessing that's a climate change thing.

Not practical. I live near the Apalachicola National Forest in the Florida Panhandle. It is over 632,000 acres. In a prior life, I raced Enduros. We also held them here in the National Forest. We could easily lay our an 80 to 120-mile course and maybe cross two or three National Forest Roads while covering areas inaccessible to anything other than a motorcycle or on foot.

The biggest problem isn't fallen trees which would be nearly impossible to remove but the branches, twigs, and leaves which trees drop constantly. All that build up is a tinderbox of fuel.

We also have the Tall Timbers Research Station just to the North of us. For decades they have been doing research on the short and long-term effects of regular controlled burns. There are few if any negatives. The burns reduce forest fires, enhances wildlife conditions, flowering plants, reduces CO2 emissions, the list is endless.

Tall Timbers Research Station | Stewards of Wildlife & Wildlands

being competitive with regular auto traffic should reduce congestion on our freeways.

being competitive with regular auto traffic should reduce congestion on our freeways.

A hundred-trillion-gazillion airplane flights a day between these two metro area already do that. Three times faster and fairly cheap compared to this hypothetical leftist choo-choo. A train (which will never be completed anyway) very few people would use, is not going to have a significant effect on car traffic between SF and LA.

Numerous studies done in Europe have proven that is not the case. High-speed trains following the main highways in Europe did not reduce traffic on the highways. Those high-speed trains in Europe also lose money.

Numerous studies done in Europe have proven that is not the case. High-speed trains following the main highways in Europe did not reduce traffic on the highways. Those high-speed trains in Europe also lose money.

True. Here in America Amtrak has been running in the red since it was founded in the early '70s and has required massive gov't. subsidies, despite being almost as expensive as flying. Long-distance passenger trains will NEVER make a profit in America because of basic geography: distances in America are so massive that flying is simply more practical because it only takes a matter of hours to get around large swaths of this country in a plane.

Forum List

Back