California chef won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

5114957_013119-kgo-trump-hat-tweet-img.jpg

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

Restaurant owner won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.

Last edited:
It isnt the same thing really. There are connotations around maga that would make a reasonable business owner concerned.

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.

LOL...we've seen this movie before.
Red Hen Is In Serious Trouble After Kicking W.H. Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders Out

I have no problem with it. After all, there are many other restaurants led by wiser businessmen.

I believe I heard he has backed away from his pronouncement.

Americans have come to oppose the racism, bigotry, and hate Trump and his supporters represent – and appropriately so.

I have no problem with the owner doing that, if he wants to piss off a significant number of potential customers and look foolish, that's on him. I do note, however, that bakeries are not refusing to server alphabet customers. If an alphabet customer walked in and bought a dozen cupcakes off the shelf, he/she/it would receive them, pay for them, and leave without any incident whatsoever. Now, if you really want a better comparison, this guy should be forced to cater a local chapter of Campus Republicans party.

It isnt the same thing really. There are connotations around maga that would make a reasonable business owner concerned.
No, there are not. There are, however, predictable reactions from irrational liberals that they should be concerned about.

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

His call. His business.

So in order for you NOT TO BE A HYPOCRITE, I guess you believe the bakers had every right to refuse to bake that cake! Right?
The maga guys have the choice to wear the hat or not. Being Gay is not a matter of choice you fucking clown.
This is America asswipe! We believe in free speech!
Well...yes we do...but that doesn't mean we are free of consequences.

Of course, he could have said nothing but spit (or worse) in your food.

So in order for you NOT TO BE A HYPOCRITE, I guess you believe the bakers had every right to refuse to bake that cake! Right?
The maga guys have the choice to wear the hat or not. Being Gay is not a matter of choice you fucking clown.
No you dont. You only believe in free speech when it suits you.
Want some cake?

Can't wait to see dozens of customers each wearing one of the above being seated at his restaurant.

and see what the courts say

Well...yes we do...but that doesn't mean we are free of consequences.

Of course, he could have said nothing but spit (or worse) in your food.
Sounds like something a nasty democrat would do.

Forum List

Back