California chef won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

Interesting. Liberals refuse to admit that the restaurant apologized and isn't telling hat wearers to leave.

Swasticas and KKK hoods probably weren't generally viewed as racist and vile in the beginning (except among blacks).

That may well be true, but... the swastica (once a symbol of fertility) has come stand for the holocaust, and the hood stands for thousands of murders and decades of state-sanctioned terror of tens of millions. Objectively, MAGA stands for nothing of that magnitude. That may still come, but they aren't there yet. In a way, I find the owner's attempt at throwing them all into one category is belittling the other two symbols. And all, I suspect, to enhance his name recognition.

I do understand: That hat serves no purpose other than poking a thumb into every liberal's eye - which has to count as the main, if not the only, source of fun for MAGA hatters and similarly imbecilic crackpots. Overreaction to same I still find ill-advised.

So what do you suppose would have happened if somebody seven years ago walked into a restaurant with a shirt that said Hope and Change, and was then refused service?

Hope and change doesn't represent hate, MAGA does.

Of course it represents hate; hate of our country.

If you married a short brunette, and told her you wanted her to die her hair blonde, change her makeup, wear shoes that made her look taller, did you really love that woman at all? Of course not. You don't change things you love, you only change things you hate like Obama did of our country.

Yes, MAGA represents hate of the United States.

Sure, because when you hate something you make it great again. It is to laugh.

Yes but it is likely much more close to half and half Dems and gop.

Most of the Dems are on welfare while most of the gopers have jobs and can afford to eat out at some place other than white castle.

No, its not. Even if all the NPP voters in the county were GOP (they aren't), they don't add up to the number of Democrats. The county in question is quite solidly Democrats...who mostly work in silicon valley.

You misunderstand.

It is about who are customers and who is not and since most dems are welfare cases they could not afford to eat there. Gopers with jobs can

Oh, I understood your ridiculously stupid comment. I chose to dismiss it for that reason.

Which means you know it is accurate and have no response.

It went over your head and you are not smart enough to keep up

Which means I know it is stupid and not worthy of responding to.

No threats required....speak with your wallet.

I don't live there but for all those who do.

Do not go there again!

the owner of that anti-Trump place will go broke soon! very soon! and he deserves it...what a piece of crap !!!

Not likely...

Dem: 201,387 Rep: 60,010

Voter Registration Statistics - San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder & Elections
Yes but it is likely much more close to half and half Dems and gop.

Most of the Dems are on welfare while most of the gopers have jobs and can afford to eat out at some place other than white castle.

Wow, most of the Dems are on Welfare. You just said a mouthful. I know more people around here that belong to the Republican Party on some form of Welfare than Democrats.

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

5114957_013119-kgo-trump-hat-tweet-img.jpg

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

Restaurant owner won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.
If it's in LA i'm dinning in there this week and leaving a big tip......
Just love it 2 years of the clown's presidency and none of his supporters dare to wear that racist hat. It's a symbol of hate and racism.....they better hide those *****.

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.
Just love it 2 years of the clown's presidency and none of his supporters dare to wear that racist hat. It's a symbol of hate and racism.....they better hide those *****.

Great, hope the place is still open by then.

Geez, bad news. Apparently this idiot decided to change his mind.

San Mateo Restaurant Owner Apologizes For ‘MAGA’ Hat Ban

Swasticas and KKK hoods probably weren't generally viewed as racist and vile in the beginning (except among blacks).

That may well be true, but... the swastica (once a symbol of fertility) has come stand for the holocaust, and the hood stands for thousands of murders and decades of state-sanctioned terror of tens of millions. Objectively, MAGA stands for nothing of that magnitude. That may still come, but they aren't there yet. In a way, I find the owner's attempt at throwing them all into one category is belittling the other two symbols. And all, I suspect, to enhance his name recognition.

I do understand: That hat serves no purpose other than poking a thumb into every liberal's eye - which has to count as the main, if not the only, source of fun for MAGA hatters and similarly imbecilic crackpots. Overreaction to same I still find ill-advised.

So what do you suppose would have happened if somebody seven years ago walked into a restaurant with a shirt that said Hope and Change, and was then refused service?

If you married a short brunette, and told her you wanted her to die her hair blonde, change her makeup, wear shoes that made her look taller, did you really love that woman at all? Of course not. You don't change things you love, you only change things you hate like Obama did of our country.

Not a very bright comment unless you are a bigot and close minded.

I didn't even intimate such a thing. That you think that was my point says more about you than me.

Basically you're saying your opposition to PA laws is just about gays being included in them not the existence of these laws.
I did no such thing.

I said that if I attempt to do the right thing (take race out too) I will be deemed a racist.

The PRINCIPLED thing to do is to allow individual freedom.

You're way behind the iq curve.

They re openly wearing them everywhere and the chef is apologizing for being such a stupid ****.

A hat is not capable of being racist you dipshit.

MAGA is in no way a symbol of racism or hate unless you are a total retard and incapable of cognitive thought

Well let me tell you something pal: If what Trump is doing is hate, I hope we're the most hated country on the globe.

Why are you saying that America isn't great right now?

If you haven't figured out by now that America has degraded and fatally deteriorated because of leftists and illegal aliens, you're one of a very small group, most of whom don't own a TV and can't read.

The MAGA hat wears, trump supporters, and right-wing "Christian" types are the ones who have pushed discrimination and shunning. So who cares what happens to these people who do not believe in the United States and our values.They deserve a taste of their own medicine.

Until the commies invaded the Democrat party, our values used to be to practice your politics without retaliation.
What "commies" invaded the Democratic Party (notice that I spelled it correctly because I am educated), oh person who is so proud to aim a gun at the camera, how macho!)?

Please explain the current republicans.and their love of discrimination and attacks on their fellow Americans. Please be advised that there are over 320 million Americans.We are of both sexes and a wide variety of races, ethnicities, and religions, as well as those who do not embrace a religion.

The Commies are you--you people who took a nearly fair party and turned it so far left Putin laughs.

We are a country of both sexes? THAT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO YOU. There are only two sexes!!!!

We don't attack our fellow Americans. We don't tell people not to come to our establishments simply because they have a different political view. Our adults are not attacking some kid eating a hamburger just because he has a hat on. We don't attack people in the street because they support our President. Your side does that.

"Folks, if you ever want to know what the Democrats are involved in, just note what they accuse the Republicans of."
Rush Limbaugh

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media...ence-and-harassment-against-trump-supporters/

Why are you saying that America isn't great right now?

If you haven't figured out by now that America has degraded and fatally deteriorated because of leftists and illegal aliens, you're one of a very small group, most of whom don't own a TV and can't read.

I can read, but I don't own a TV, and that definitely influences my understanding of the world.

I'm getting tired of these stories.

Back in the good ol' days, people didn't raise a fuss about who came in to the restaurant. Everyone was welcomed with a smile and encouraged to come back soon. The assholes were just unaware of the fact that they got spit in their food.

Those were good times. Simpler times.

Forum List

Back