California chef won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

Discriminating on political grounds is not a violation of anyone's right..It isn't protected..
Neither is discriminating on any other basis. One does not have the right to force another to sell them goods or perform services.

I can't believe we have so many who have no problem shitting on the rights of others.

I just wish ALL restaurants would refuse ALL service to anyone wearing a fcking hat indoors. Unless you're in one of those western states where sheep, or antelope, outnumber the people. LOL

And that's fine if wearing any hat is against restaurant policy. But to single out certain hats is discriminatory.

In some states you can discriminate against both Gays and MAGA hat wearers! But I don't think MAGA hat are protected anywhere.

Correct, they are not, but neither should gay people wanting a customized wedding cake for their wedding.

Discriminating on political grounds is not a violation of anyone's right..It isn't protected..
Neither is discriminating on any other basis. One does not have the right to force another to sell them goods or perform services.

I can't believe we have so many who have no problem shitting on the rights of others.

I just wish ALL restaurants would refuse ALL service to anyone wearing a fcking hat indoors. Unless you're in one of those western states where sheep, or antelope, outnumber the people. LOL

And that's fine if wearing any hat is against restaurant policy. But to single out certain hats is discriminatory.

In some states you can discriminate against both Gays and MAGA hat wearers! But I don't think MAGA hat are protected anywhere.

Maybe its time for a Conservative Motorists Green Book, so that conservatives can easily find the places that will accept their business?

Correct, they are not, but neither should gay people wanting a customized wedding cake for their wedding.

21 states disagree.

But 29 states agree.

So far.

Why should we care?....its his restaurant and if he wants to exclude that segment of the population go ahead...lose money...we will go to the next restaurant....

Maybe its time for a Conservative Motorists Green Book, so that conservatives can easily find the places that will accept their business?
I see an app in your future....

The MAGA hat wears, trump supporters, and right-wing "Christian" types are the ones who have pushed discrimination and shunning. So who cares what happens to these people who do not believe in the United States and our values.They deserve a taste of their own medicine.

So you're no better than they are.

The MAGA hat wears, trump supporters, and right-wing "Christian" types are the ones who have pushed discrimination and shunning. So who cares what happens to these people who do not believe in the United States and our values.They deserve a taste of their own medicine.

Until the commies invaded the Democrat party, our values used to be to practice your politics without retaliation.
What "commies" invaded the Democratic Party (notice that I spelled it correctly because I am educated), oh person who is so proud to aim a gun at the camera, how macho!)?

Please explain the current republicans.and their love of discrimination and attacks on their fellow Americans. Please be advised that there are over 320 million Americans.We are of both sexes and a wide variety of races, ethnicities, and religions, as well as those who do not embrace a religion.

Until the commies invaded the Democrat party, our values used to be to practice your politics without retaliation.
What "commies" invaded the Democratic Party (notice that I spelled it correctly because I am educated), oh person who is so proud to aim a gun at the camera, how macho!)?

Please explain the current republicans.and their love of discrimination and attacks on their fellow Americans. Please be advised that there are over 320 million Americans.We are of both sexes and a wide variety of races, ethnicities, and religions, as well as those who do not embrace a religion.

This is a fucking thread about a liberal who was planning on discriminating, why do you insist on calling conservatives out for discrimination? Talk about stupid.

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

5114957_013119-kgo-trump-hat-tweet-img.jpg

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

Restaurant owner won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.
If a private business owner wants to refuse service it is their prerogative, The hypocrisy from leftest loons like yourself is extremely telling. You would force that baker to serve gay people against their religious belief but you would fully support someones right to discriminate based on your political prejudice.

You're being stupid. If the law stated that you can't discriminate against someone because of their political belief you'd be correct.

Hold on. What if I wear the hat because I just like the saying and I am not political? When I was in High School a kid wore a black and silver LA Kings jersey and he didn’t like hockey or the kings just the color and the symbol.

I have zero issues with this but sometimes a picture is not what it seems.

Because of those that wear MAGA hats, the symbol has become the same as the KKK, a symbol of hate.

And gee......who made it a symbol of hate?

You and yours.

Swasticas and KKK hoods probably weren't generally viewed as racist and vile in the beginning (except among blacks).

That may well be true, but... the swastica (once a symbol of fertility) has come stand for the holocaust, and the hood stands for thousands of murders and decades of state-sanctioned terror of tens of millions. Objectively, MAGA stands for nothing of that magnitude. That may still come, but they aren't there yet. In a way, I find the owner's attempt at throwing them all into one category is belittling the other two symbols. And all, I suspect, to enhance his name recognition.

I do understand: That hat serves no purpose other than poking a thumb into every liberal's eye - which has to count as the main, if not the only, source of fun for MAGA hatters and similarly imbecilic crackpots. Overreaction to same I still find ill-advised.

So what do you suppose would have happened if somebody seven years ago walked into a restaurant with a shirt that said Hope and Change, and was then refused service?

Hope and change doesn't represent hate, MAGA does.

Of course it represents hate; hate of our country.

If you married a short brunette, and told her you wanted her to die her hair blonde, change her makeup, wear shoes that made her look taller, did you really love that woman at all? Of course not. You don't change things you love, you only change things you hate like Obama did of our country.

Yes, MAGA represents hate of the United States.

Swasticas and KKK hoods probably weren't generally viewed as racist and vile in the beginning (except among blacks).

That may well be true, but... the swastica (once a symbol of fertility) has come stand for the holocaust, and the hood stands for thousands of murders and decades of state-sanctioned terror of tens of millions. Objectively, MAGA stands for nothing of that magnitude. That may still come, but they aren't there yet. In a way, I find the owner's attempt at throwing them all into one category is belittling the other two symbols. And all, I suspect, to enhance his name recognition.

I do understand: That hat serves no purpose other than poking a thumb into every liberal's eye - which has to count as the main, if not the only, source of fun for MAGA hatters and similarly imbecilic crackpots. Overreaction to same I still find ill-advised.

So what do you suppose would have happened if somebody seven years ago walked into a restaurant with a shirt that said Hope and Change, and was then refused service?

If you married a short brunette, and told her you wanted her to die her hair blonde, change her makeup, wear shoes that made her look taller, did you really love that woman at all? Of course not. You don't change things you love, you only change things you hate like Obama did of our country.

Only in small minds.

"MAGA" stands for "Make America Great Again", how does that add up to "hate" of America?

And the corollaries to the theory are "Make Honduras Great Again" "Make North Korea Great Again" "Make Congo Great Again".

Let's everyone make their countries great again

If a private business owner wants to refuse service it is their prerogative, The hypocrisy from leftest loons like yourself is extremely telling. You would force that baker to serve gay people against their religious belief but you would fully support someones right to discriminate based on your political prejudice.

You're being stupid. If the law stated that you can't discriminate against someone because of their political belief you'd be correct.

Hold on. What if I wear the hat because I just like the saying and I am not political? When I was in High School a kid wore a black and silver LA Kings jersey and he didn’t like hockey or the kings just the color and the symbol.

I have zero issues with this but sometimes a picture is not what it seems.

Because of those that wear MAGA hats, the symbol has become the same as the KKK, a symbol of hate.

And gee......who made it a symbol of hate?

You and yours.

Nope the sissy lefties did. Sadly.

No threats required....speak with your wallet.

I don't live there but for all those who do.

Do not go there again!

the owner of that anti-Trump place will go broke soon! very soon! and he deserves it...what a piece of crap !!!

Not likely...

Dem: 201,387 Rep: 60,010

Voter Registration Statistics - San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder & Elections
Yes but it is likely much more close to half and half Dems and gop.

Most of the Dems are on welfare while most of the gopers have jobs and can afford to eat out at some place other than white castle.

No, its not. Even if all the NPP voters in the county were GOP (they aren't), they don't add up to the number of Democrats. The county in question is quite solidly Democrats...who mostly work in silicon valley.

You misunderstand.

It is about who are customers and who is not and since most dems are welfare cases they could not afford to eat there. Gopers with jobs can

If a conservative chef refused to serve liberals, would you feel the same?

No. Those whom you call "liberals" did not try to bring back discriminatory practices to U.S. society. These MAGA types did. They are the dirty ones worthy of blame. Why not shun them and their filthy practices?

Discrimination is a human right regardless of what the law says.

the law supported by the left is abominable and inexcusable.

The filthy practice is implementing thought crime which you support

Everyone loves discrimination including you. You practice it every day as do I and every other person. Discrimination is a basic human right which you wish to violate. Nor is it an attack as you imply. Specifically state which attacks you refer to?

Only the uneducated make such claims.

The intelligent people know better

No threats required....speak with your wallet.

Do not go there again!

the owner of that anti-Trump place will go broke soon! very soon! and he deserves it...what a piece of crap !!!

Not likely...

Voter Registration Statistics - San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder & Elections

Most of the Dems are on welfare while most of the gopers have jobs and can afford to eat out at some place other than white castle.

No, its not. Even if all the NPP voters in the county were GOP (they aren't), they don't add up to the number of Democrats. The county in question is quite solidly Democrats...who mostly work in silicon valley.

You misunderstand.

It is about who are customers and who is not and since most dems are welfare cases they could not afford to eat there. Gopers with jobs can

Oh, I understood your ridiculously stupid comment. I chose to dismiss it for that reason.

Do not go there again!

Not likely...

You misunderstand.

Oh, I understood your ridiculously stupid comment. I chose to dismiss it for that reason.

Which means you know it is accurate and have no response.

It went over your head and you are not smart enough to keep up

Forum List

Back