California chef won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

I just wish ALL restaurants would refuse ALL service to anyone wearing a fcking hat indoors. Unless you're in one of those western states where sheep, or antelope, outnumber the people. LOL
We have lost hat etiquette. It's sad.

Hats are for outdoors. Uncover when you enter a building.

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

5114957_013119-kgo-trump-hat-tweet-img.jpg

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

Restaurant owner won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.
/——/ Reminds me of when democrat restaurant owners wouldn’t serve Blacks.

Yeah, and then those Democrats switched to Republicans.
Can ewe explain in simple terms why make America Great Again is offensive to liberals/democrats?
Why are you saying that America isn't great right now?
America is great. Republicans are racist.
/—-/ Yeah racist republicans wearing black face in their yearbook.

How is it being inconsistent? Some things ARE covered under PA laws and some are not. If there is someone willing to challenge PA laws either way, best of luck to them.
Your argument is that because it's the law, it is right?

PA laws are authoritarian and anti-liberty by their very nature. You only support the part you like. You don't give a single fuck about the liberty of others.

That is what I find most troubling.

Then challenge them...again. But don’t be a pussy and just go after the gays. Take your balls out of your purse and go for the big Kahuna, the original, Title II of the CRA.

No threats required....speak with your wallet.

I don't live there but for all those who do.

Do not go there again!

the owner of that anti-Trump place will go broke soon! very soon! and he deserves it...what a piece of crap !!!

Not likely...

Dem: 201,387 Rep: 60,010

Voter Registration Statistics - San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder & Elections
Yes but it is likely much more close to half and half Dems and gop.

Most of the Dems are on welfare while most of the gopers have jobs and can afford to eat out at some place other than white castle.

Then challenge them...again. But don’t be a pussy and just go after the gays. Take your balls out of your purse and go for the big Kahuna, the original, Title II of the CRA.
So, you can IMMEDIATELY cry and shit your pants about me being a racist?

That's the problem with our current situation.

Regardless of my motive being completely pure -- freedom – motherfuckers will inevitably spin my action as being something completely wrong, solely for political gain.

This is the reason why we need a shooting/killing war to end all this bullshit.

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.

You probably should have done a deeper search on this story and your hero du jour... Seems like he had second thoughts about his ban:

Owner of Wursthall restaurant bans MAGA hats, then apologizes - CBS News

Lopez-Alt said his restaurant "will continue, as it always has, to serve all customer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual preference, gender orientation, disability, or political opinion — so long as they leave hate, anger, and violence outside of the doors of our restaurant."

It's always disappointing when your heroes lack the courage of their convictions...

I think that the courts are liberal and part of the deep state, so conservatives should continue to have to make those cakes while Dims can discriminate any time they damn well please.

You probably should have done a deeper search on this story and your hero du jour... Seems like he had second thoughts about his ban:

Owner of Wursthall restaurant bans MAGA hats, then apologizes - CBS News

Lopez-Alt said his restaurant "will continue, as it always has, to serve all customer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual preference, gender orientation, disability, or political opinion — so long as they leave hate, anger, and violence outside of the doors of our restaurant."

It's always disappointing when your heroes lack the courage of their convictions...
I'd still recommend to anyone who is wearing a MAGA hat there to have some kind of urine tester for their food.

:laugh:

I bet people wearing MAGA hats would go somewhere where the food is good.

It's his right. Probably not a whole lot of MAGA hat wearing folks about town where his restaurant is located I'll bet.

If it's that important to the guy why not try and have a reasonable conversation with them first. Then sell them something!

Topics like this unequivocally prove just how stupid, dishonest unprincipled and hypocritical the left are.

Any reasonable person who believes that a baker should be able to be forced by law to not discriminate against gays should by principle believe that this guy also should be forced to not discriminate against MAGA hat wearers.

By principle, I believe both should be able to discriminate against any one for any reason. Its THEIR business, you don't have a right to spend money with them.

If Mr. Lopez-Alt doesn't want to serve conservatives, I'd say that's his right. I don't think I would want to eat at a restaurant like the Wursthall where the chef wants to see me dead. I salute this leftard for his honesty, and he won't see me around.

The MAGA hat wears, trump supporters, and right-wing "Christian" types are the ones who have pushed discrimination and shunning. So who cares what happens to these people who do not believe in the United States and our values.They deserve a taste of their own medicine.

The MAGA hat wears, trump supporters, and right-wing "Christian" types are the ones who have pushed discrimination and shunning. So who cares what happens to these people who do not believe in the United States and our values.They deserve a taste of their own medicine.

Ahh... so it's not really about rights after all - just the power to fuck over people you don't like. Figgers.

Did a fucking adult just post "they started it" in this thread? LOL

Forum List

Back