California chef won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

51248290_2093615460676139_3377732134646054912_n.jpg
So in order for you NOT TO BE A HYPOCRITE, I guess you believe the bakers had every right to refuse to bake that cake! Right?
The guy in the hat should be served and the baker should have baked the cake. The doors open to make money so do your fucking job!
That does not mean they are obligated to do so
It is smart to serve anyone who pays but of any business wishes to do otherwise they should have the right to do so.

This chef is smarter in that she apologized and reversed here idiotic stance.

Makes the op look like a fucking moron too
They sure as hell would be if they worked for me! I am glad to hear the chef decided to do thier job.
Most of these discussions revolve around business owners.

I don't know if the chef is the owner or an employee but the issue is about owners serving who they choose to.

Granted a smart one will turn no customers away but no one should be forced to run a business in a smart way

I was a little confused about that myself. But after reading the OP a couple of times, it seems the chef is a co-owner with somebody else; somebody who had the sense to tell the clown to recant those remarks. He immediately took it off of Twitter, but by then, the damage was done.

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

5114957_013119-kgo-trump-hat-tweet-img.jpg

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

Restaurant owner won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.
The same way this chef has apologized ?

Apparently she rethought her dumb ass decision

This making your idiotic thread even more stupid than it began.

Probably scared shitless after all the threats they received.

I didn't read of any threats. Have a link to that claim?

"... that bakeries are not refusing to server alphabet customers. If an alphabet customer walked in and bought a dozen cupcakes off the shelf, he/she/it would receive them"

Bakeries are not refusing to "server alphabet customers"?????????????????

What does any of this mean, server, alphabet....is any of this English? I don't know WHAT it means.

Last edited:
Maybe we should yell 'bake the gay cake' along with 'build the wall'

both the same mentality....
~S~

Build the Wall! Build the Wall!

Bake the gay cake! ?????? No, just doesn't have the same umph, somehow.

I have GOT to get that pink (pink!!) baseball-type hat with the letters on it, "TRUMP 2020" that I've had on my wish list on Amazon since last year ...…………

If only I could also order the courage to wear it in public...….

No threats required....speak with your wallet.

I don't live there but for all those who do.

Do not go there again!

the owner of that anti-Trump place will go broke soon! very soon! and he deserves it...what a piece of crap !!!

That stupid San Mateo Chef apologized ....like it has been said in this thread already...

I figured it wasn't the owner exactly ---just the Chef. Chefs are crazy. They just are: look at the cooking shows.

Chefs are men who think they can make money off what women normally do by ordering women around and telling us what to do instead of what we already do, which is better than their stupid ideas. And we're always supposed to call them, "Yes, Chef!" Yeah, right. I'll sure run right out and do that. Chefs are crazy. All the same, the restaurant needs to go bust. If the people with the money (Republicans) don't go there anymore, it will.

That stupid San Mateo Chef apologized ....like it has been said in this thread already...

I figured it wasn't the owner exactly ---just the Chef. Chefs are crazy. They just are: look at the cooking shows.

Chefs are men who think they can make money off what women normally do by ordering women around and telling us what to do instead of what we already do, which is better than their stupid ideas. And we're always supposed to call them, "Yes, Chef!" Yeah, right. I'll sure run right out and do that. Chefs are crazy. All the same, the restaurant needs to go bust. If the people with the money (Republicans) don't go there anymore, it will.

People who serve the public should keep their political stances in check. It's just like these jocks, or musicians, or actors.

When you take a political position publicly, you divide your supporters in three sections:

The first third agrees with you. They happen to share your opinion and support your actions.

The second third doesn't care one way or the other. They are just there to dine, to listen to music, to watch you throw a ball. Whatever.

The third third are the people that you have to worry about. They are the ones that will boycott your store, your games, your concerts because you completely offended them.

It's just a stupid thing to do. If you make your money from the public, keep your politics to yourself, and then everybody is happy.

People who serve the public should keep their political stances in check. It's just like these jocks, or musicians, or actors.

When you take a political position publicly, you divide your supporters in three sections:

The first third agrees with you. They happen to share your opinion and support your actions.

The second third doesn't care one way or the other. They are just there to dine, to listen to music, to watch you throw a ball. Whatever.

The third third are the people that you have to worry about. They are the ones that will boycott your store, your games, your concerts because you completely offended them.

It's just a stupid thing to do. If you make your money from the public, keep your politics to yourself, and then everybody is happy.

You mean like tax-exempt churches and religious institutions?

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.

That's because it has been proven to be fake news. It's made up. It's another case of the Rightwing Nutjobs making something up to get their right wing nutjob base stirred up because it was a slow news day.

And don't ask me to back that up. You can't back up something that is patently false.

Religious institutions may take a stance on policy, but they don't get involved in personal attacks.

For instance a football player may say I support Barack Obama, and if he leaves it at that, he doesn't offend anybody. After all, I can't get offended because you support a different candidate than I do. It's part of being an American.

However if you say, that Romney is a sleaze ball, he is responsible for the murder of an employees spouse, he hates animals because he put his dog carrier on the roof of his car, you will offend Romney supporters.

If this chef is renown for supporting Democrat candidate, no problem, just make my rack of ribs. But if he comes out and says get out of my restaurant because you're a racist pig, now you have a problem.

Bakeries are not refusing to serve gay people donuts,
they are refusing to provide their wedding cakes...
Big difference

Let me get the address of this place
so I can be refused service for wearing a hat...
I can use the money

LOL...we've seen this movie before.
Red Hen Is In Serious Trouble After Kicking W.H. Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders Out
Some people don't want liars in their establishment.

Yea, evidently some people don't want to be in business much longer...dumbass.

Nope. They have Constitutional rights. Bigot.

I wonder how many threats the chef has received.
Probably fewer than the Catholic schoolboys and their families that liberals falsely accused of racism. I'd guess most of the chef's supposed threats came from the business partners and staff members that he screwed over with his opinion. It would serve him right if large groups of people were seated, ordered the most expensive meals, and then waited until food was on the trays before putting on their MAGA hats. Management throws you out, you're not obligated to pay your ticket.

So brave.

So, so brave.

This is truly the Greatest Generation of Progressives

Forum List

Back