California chef won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

5114957_013119-kgo-trump-hat-tweet-img.jpg

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

Restaurant owner won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.
I have no problem with the owner doing that, if he wants to piss off a significant number of potential customers and look foolish, that's on him. I do note, however, that bakeries are not refusing to server alphabet customers. If an alphabet customer walked in and bought a dozen cupcakes off the shelf, he/she/it would receive them, pay for them, and leave without any incident whatsoever. Now, if you really want a better comparison, this guy should be forced to cater a local chapter of Campus Republicans party.
He's in California, there really aren't a significant number or conservitards in most areas there.

There's probably about 15 of those around anywhere, so that's not significant.
Lol, there's more than 15 right here in this site.

Far more than 15.

The Republican party welcomes all who wish to join. If minorities don't want to join, don't blame us for that. When they get politically educated enough, they will leave the plantation like all the others. Then you will refer to them as Uncle Tom's or House Ns. Because after all, nobody on the left is racist.
Lol, why would anyone want to join an organization dedicated to keeping them second class citizens?

Who's keeping them second class citizens more than Democrats?
Republicans

Right. Are Republicans telling them they are too stupid to obtain an ID for voting?

Are Republicans trying to stop school vouchers?

Are Republicans ushering in uneducated foreigners to take their jobs?

Are Republicans fighting a wall that could help stop some of the drug flow into their country that's killing them by the thousands?

Do Republicans support them killing their own babies?

Better think again on who's holding blacks down in this country.
Republicans are using that excuse to prevent minorities from voting.

Republicans are using that excuse to take funding from public schools.

Your I'm migration bullshit is just that, bullshit.

tRump's little vanity wall will not stop drug smuggling. It comes through the regular points of entry.

Oh, you mean like the last batch of Fentanyl; enough to kill over 50 million Americans?

When you create a law that applies to everybody equally, and then some say one group is too dumb to do what the rest of the people do, you are holding them back because they will believe you. School vouchers don't take anything away from public school. It gives some students the opportunity to have similar environments as suburban children. Democrats didn't want that. It's not that they didn't care about blacks, it's that they sided with their union buddies and threw blacks under the bus.

Because of those public schools, blacks lead the country in high school dropouts. Those dropouts take those lower wage jobs which Democrats are giving to foreigners. There is no bullshit about it.

Go for it, it'll be fun.
Conservatives have only themselves to blame that ‘MAGA’ has come to represent bigotry, racism, and hate – the consequence of their support of Trump, someone who is in fact a hateful bigot and racist.

Oh please, just admit it, you are all sheep of the MSM. They tell you what to think and when to think it, and you march like a bunch of Nazi's in lockstep. If you people ever once thought for yourselves, you'd become Republicans.
PUH LEEZE!

Republicans are nearly all white.

That can't be denied.

Democrats are diverse. What democracy is supposed to be about.

Republicans remind me of the Patty Duke Show:

They look alike
they walk alike
at times they even talk alike

A hot dog makes them lose control

/——/ Thankx for the Patty Duke flashback. I was her age when the show aired.

That show confused liberals. They couldn't figure out how they got an actress that looked so much like her to play the part of her cousin. :auiqs.jpg:

/—-/ Confuse liberals more by telling them in the 1960s the world was black & white and didn’t colorize until 1970.

I have no problem with the owner doing that, if he wants to piss off a significant number of potential customers and look foolish, that's on him. I do note, however, that bakeries are not refusing to server alphabet customers. If an alphabet customer walked in and bought a dozen cupcakes off the shelf, he/she/it would receive them, pay for them, and leave without any incident whatsoever. Now, if you really want a better comparison, this guy should be forced to cater a local chapter of Campus Republicans party.
He's in California, there really aren't a significant number or conservitards in most areas there.

Yet those of us that are out here have no trouble saying fu*k you. I'm right here.
Right back atcha kid.

Go for it, it'll be fun.
Conservatives have only themselves to blame that ‘MAGA’ has come to represent bigotry, racism, and hate – the consequence of their support of Trump, someone who is in fact a hateful bigot and racist.
Lies with no evidence.

It is nothing more than butthurt but fascists still upset that the cankle lost.

Swasticas and KKK hoods probably weren't generally viewed as racist and vile in the beginning (except among blacks).

That may well be true, but... the swastica (once a symbol of fertility) has come stand for the holocaust, and the hood stands for thousands of murders and decades of state-sanctioned terror of tens of millions. Objectively, MAGA stands for nothing of that magnitude. That may still come, but they aren't there yet. In a way, I find the owner's attempt at throwing them all into one category is belittling the other two symbols. And all, I suspect, to enhance his name recognition.

I do understand: That hat serves no purpose other than poking a thumb into every liberal's eye - which has to count as the main, if not the only, source of fun for MAGA hatters and similarly imbecilic crackpots. Overreaction to same I still find ill-advised.

So what do you suppose would have happened if somebody seven years ago walked into a restaurant with a shirt that said Hope and Change, and was then refused service?

Hope and change doesn't represent hate, MAGA does.
No it does not

It represents a good idea which regressives hate.

Hope and change represented destruction and hatred

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.
The same way this chef has apologized ?

Apparently she rethought her dumb ass decision

This making your idiotic thread even more stupid than it began.

So in order for you NOT TO BE A HYPOCRITE, I guess you believe the bakers had every right to refuse to bake that cake! Right?
The guy in the hat should be served and the baker should have baked the cake. The doors open to make money so do your fucking job!
That does not mean they are obligated to do so
It is smart to serve anyone who pays but of any business wishes to do otherwise they should have the right to do so.

This chef is smarter in that she apologized and reversed here idiotic stance.

Makes the op look like a fucking moron too

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

Probably scared shitless after all the threats they received.

There's probably about 15 of those around anywhere, so that's not significant.
Lol, there's more than 15 right here in this site.

Far more than 15.

There's probably one right behind you. I hear they like to sneak up on the unsuspecting. Or maybe they'll be there tomorrow. You never know.

No evidence that they did but as usual you feel the need to defend your failures with even more bullshit.

They made a bad business decision and revered it.

Smarter than you but most people are.

What threats?

So in order for you NOT TO BE A HYPOCRITE, I guess you believe the bakers had every right to refuse to bake that cake! Right?
The guy in the hat should be served and the baker should have baked the cake. The doors open to make money so do your fucking job!
It is smart to serve anyone who pays but of any business wishes to do otherwise they should have the right to do so.

They sure as hell would be if they worked for me! I am glad to hear the chef decided to do thier job.

They sure as hell would be if they worked for me! I am glad to hear the chef decided to do thier job.
Most of these discussions revolve around business owners.

I don't know if the chef is the owner or an employee but the issue is about owners serving who they choose to.

Granted a smart one will turn no customers away but no one should be forced to run a business in a smart way

/——/ Reminds me of when democrat restaurant owners wouldn’t serve Blacks.

Yeah, and then those Democrats switched to Republicans.

Liar.

That stupid San Mateo Chef apologized ....like it has been said in this thread already...

but if I lived there I would never go to that place again! EVER EVER!

I do hope his business goes down the drain from now on!

SCUM! he deserves all the shit he will gets

Most of these discussions revolve around business owners.

I don't know if the chef is the owner or an employee but the issue is about owners serving who they choose to.

Granted a smart one will turn no customers away but no one should be forced to run a business in a smart way
I get that most of these discussions do involve owners. I feel an owner has a duty to thier employees to act in a way that produces proffit. This same responsibility falls on the employees. This is not only a transgression on the guy in the hat but also to all who earn a living from the business.

He will go broke....like the other one ...."The Red Hen" piece of shit that kicked Sara Huckabee and her party out of that restaurant some time ago...

I hope this owner in San Mateo ...he/she goes broke too! :thup:

So there.

Forum List

Back