California chef won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

Yet those of us that are out here have no trouble saying fu*k you. I'm right here.
Right back atcha kid.

Go for it, it'll be fun.
Conservatives have only themselves to blame that ‘MAGA’ has come to represent bigotry, racism, and hate – the consequence of their support of Trump, someone who is in fact a hateful bigot and racist.

Oh please, just admit it, you are all sheep of the MSM. They tell you what to think and when to think it, and you march like a bunch of Nazi's in lockstep. If you people ever once thought for yourselves, you'd become Republicans.
PUH LEEZE!

Republicans are nearly all white.

That can't be denied.

Democrats are diverse. What democracy is supposed to be about.

Republicans remind me of the Patty Duke Show:

They look alike
they walk alike
at times they even talk alike

A hot dog makes them lose control

The Republican party welcomes all who wish to join. If minorities don't want to join, don't blame us for that. When they get politically educated enough, they will leave the plantation like all the others. Then you will refer to them as Uncle Tom's or House Ns. Because after all, nobody on the left is racist.

And, again, I have been on the right side of this issue EVERY MOTHERFUCKING TIME.​

Dude can refuse service to anyone for any reason. Baker can tell faggot to fuck off.

For ANY reason, including race.

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

5114957_013119-kgo-trump-hat-tweet-img.jpg

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

Restaurant owner won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.

So he's a Christian Baker?

Jo

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.
If a private business owner wants to refuse service it is their prerogative, The hypocrisy from leftest loons like yourself is extremely telling. You would force that baker to serve gay people against their religious belief but you would fully support someones right to discriminate based on your political prejudice.

You're being stupid. If the law stated that you can't discriminate against someone because of their political belief you'd be correct.

Hold on. What if I wear the hat because I just like the saying and I am not political? When I was in High School a kid wore a black and silver LA Kings jersey and he didn’t like hockey or the kings just the color and the symbol.

I have zero issues with this but sometimes a picture is not what it seems.

You're being stupid. If the law stated that you can't discriminate against someone because of their political belief you'd be correct.
Any law that prohibits discrimination by private business owners is WRONG. For ANY reason.

You are a buttfucking assclown hypocrite and I fucking hate you and ANYONE forcing people to serve others against their will!!!

Swasticas and KKK hoods probably weren't generally viewed as racist and vile in the beginning (except among blacks).

That may well be true, but... the swastica (once a symbol of fertility) has come stand for the holocaust, and the hood stands for thousands of murders and decades of state-sanctioned terror of tens of millions. Objectively, MAGA stands for nothing of that magnitude. That may still come, but they aren't there yet. In a way, I find the owner's attempt at throwing them all into one category is belittling the other two symbols. And all, I suspect, to enhance his name recognition.

I do understand: That hat serves no purpose other than poking a thumb into every liberal's eye - which has to count as the main, if not the only, source of fun for MAGA hatters and similarly imbecilic crackpots. Overreaction to same I still find ill-advised.

So what do you suppose would have happened if somebody seven years ago walked into a restaurant with a shirt that said Hope and Change, and was then refused service?

Several things here.

First, in deep blue California, this is a PR ploy, getting in the news, at least creating a twitter storm.

Second, "they started it" is not a good justification. In fact, it isn't one at all.

Third, the question the owner has to answer is, "Are there reasonable grounds for denying service?" Such as a reasonable assessment of an elevated likelihood of strife - don't serve drunks - for instance. I, for one, cannot find any reasonable ground, which leads me back to #1. It's a PR ploy, and more so, since no customer with such a hat has ever shown up.

And no, MAGA is not an equivalent of a swastica or a KKK hood. Unpleasant and dumb as it is, it doesn't even fall into the same category. Let's keep things in perspective, no?

Swasticas and KKK hoods probably weren't generally viewed as racist and vile in the beginning (except among blacks).

Are you kidding me? Did you equate swastikas with a MAGA hat!? As a Jew I find that statement to be illustrative of your Jew hate and ignorance, Lakhota.

To everyone:

You are all hypocrites for pointing out how hypocritical it is to point out the hypocrisy of pointing out the hypocritical pointing out of the hypocrisy of revealing the hypocrisy of hypocritically complaining about how hypocritical their hypocrisy is.

To everyone:

You are all hypocrites for pointing out how hypocritical it is to point out the hypocrisy of pointing out the hypocritical pointing out of the hypocrisy of revealing the hypocrisy of hypocritically complaining about how hypocritical their hypocrisy is.

You’re an idiot. That was not remotely funny.

Several things here.

First, in deep blue California, this is a PR ploy, getting in the news, at least creating a twitter storm.

Second, "they started it" is not a good justification. In fact, it isn't one at all.

Third, the question the owner has to answer is, "Are there reasonable grounds for denying service?" Such as a reasonable assessment of an elevated likelihood of strife - don't serve drunks - for instance. I, for one, cannot find any reasonable ground, which leads me back to #1. It's a PR ploy, and more so, since no customer with such a hat has ever shown up.

And no, MAGA is not an equivalent of a swastica or a KKK hood. Unpleasant and dumb as it is, it doesn't even fall into the same category. Let's keep things in perspective, no?

Again dumbass! Wanna explain why MAGA is racist?

Because mslsd told her so.

So this gay conservative goes into the restaurant wearing nothing other than a "Make America Great Again" hat and tries to order a salad of limp lettuce but is refused.

Instant baker-all-over-again!
The chef is going down.
Poor little chef forgot that gays are protected class no matter what, if anything, they might be wearing.

Democrats spent the last several years trying to force businesses to serve hairy men in dresses and bad wigs and now they say a freaking baseball cap is offensive? I just ordered a MAGA hat in black. Will it keep crazy lefties from chasing me down the street?

If a private business owner wants to refuse service it is their prerogative, The hypocrisy from leftest loons like yourself is extremely telling. You would force that baker to serve gay people against their religious belief but you would fully support someones right to discriminate based on your political prejudice.

Hold on. What if I wear the hat because I just like the saying and I am not political? When I was in High School a kid wore a black and silver LA Kings jersey and he didn’t like hockey or the kings just the color and the symbol.

Because of those that wear MAGA hats, the symbol has become the same as the KKK, a symbol of hate.

Any law that prohibits discrimination by private business owners is WRONG. For ANY reason.

You are a buttfucking assclown hypocrite and I fucking hate you and ANYONE forcing people to serve others against their will!!!

Hateful tRump worshiper. It's sad you're wasting your life.

Because of those that wear MAGA hats, the symbol has become the same as the KKK, a symbol of hate.

To you but not to everyone. Many see Raiders gear as symbols of gangs and hate too. But it is not universal. Be logical.

That may well be true, but... the swastica (once a symbol of fertility) has come stand for the holocaust, and the hood stands for thousands of murders and decades of state-sanctioned terror of tens of millions. Objectively, MAGA stands for nothing of that magnitude. That may still come, but they aren't there yet. In a way, I find the owner's attempt at throwing them all into one category is belittling the other two symbols. And all, I suspect, to enhance his name recognition.

I do understand: That hat serves no purpose other than poking a thumb into every liberal's eye - which has to count as the main, if not the only, source of fun for MAGA hatters and similarly imbecilic crackpots. Overreaction to same I still find ill-advised.

So what do you suppose would have happened if somebody seven years ago walked into a restaurant with a shirt that said Hope and Change, and was then refused service?

Hope and change doesn't represent hate, MAGA does.

Hope and change doesn't represent hate, MAGA does.
Why?

Forum List

Back