🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

California dumping water, but still in drought

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
all the aquifers of California are full and rising. California dams are dumping water. last year they walked on the snow pack showing there was no snow. today the snow pack is high.

Scientists say "nope" , still need 4 years of straight record breaking snowfall to cover "water deficit", which will never happen

I would tell them, here's the city, here's how much water need, get it here or quit.

they say "brown is the new green"

I would say "unemployment is your new salary"

Yea, I saw that on the news last night...

... if they get the additional rain they need to get outta the drought...

,,, they gonna dump that too?

Uncle Ferd says dat looks like a space spidey crawlin' outta crater, possum hidin' behind the couch...
confused.gif

US Southwest faces threat of megadroughts with rising temps
October 5, 2016 — A new study says the Southwest region of the United States faces the threat of megadroughts this century as temperatures rise.
Researchers found the risk is reduced if heat-trapping gases are curbed. Dry spells lasting at least two decades have gripped the Southwest before, but scientists said future megadroughts would be hotter and more severe.

a15f4075815d404e8b012703650e4817.jpg

Irrigation pipes sit along a dry irrigation canal on a field farmed by Gino Celli, who relies on senior water rights to water his crops, near Stockton, Calif. New research published on Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016 found that increasing temperatures will greatly increase the risk of megadroughts in the Southwest region of the U.S. Oppressive dry spells lasting at least two decades have gripped the Southwest before, but scientists said future megadroughts would be hotter and more severe, putting a strain on water resources.​

The study was published Wednesday in the journal Science Advances. The Colorado River basin, which spans parts of Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and Mexico, has been in the midst of a historic drought for the past 16 years.

US Southwest faces threat of megadroughts with rising temps

Forum List

Back