🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

California dumps their High Speed Rail after spending BILLIONS!

Someone got paid.

Thats how blackmail, bribery and the world works.

Rare do you find someone not for sale. Not in politics.

cites ballooning costs
...and it was the very people trying to get high-speed rail in California that caused the ballooning costs.
:lol:

The irony is blinding.

I think it is more corrupt than that. Like virtually every large government project, they intentionally lowball the amount it will cost in order to get it started. THEN they feign SHOCK that the costs are ballooning BUT they say, it won't go any higher and we're already committed!

Little surprise that California is among the least fiscally sound states in the Union with such outrageous spending and corruption. Florida, who resisted the multi-billion dollar bait offered by failed former President Barack Hussein Obama offered to induce states to engage in this boondoggle.

Someone got paid.

Thats how blackmail, bribery and the world works.

Rare do you find someone not for sale. Not in politics.

You're right, of course.

November of last year a billion dollar contract, for construction on the high-speed rail system to, none other than the husband of Dianne Feinstein.

You just can't make these things up!

Building one of the most expensive types of mass transit through some of the most expensive land in the country was never going to work out.

Building one of the most expensive types of mass transit through some of the most expensive land in the country was never going to work out.

They really needed to try a smaller project first like SF to Sacramento so they could work out the bugs. Find out what the major issues were and weed out the companies and contractors who were frauds.

Public Transit Is Subsidised
Almost Anywhere In The World

Next time they try something like that they need to consult a real expert to help them with whatever studies they supposedly did. Obviously someone didn't know what they were getting into. At all.

Yarddog said:
They really needed to try a smaller project first like SF to Sacramento so they could work out the bugs. Find out what the major issues were and weed out the companies and contractors who were frauds.
I Think Two Stretches Of "Shared Use"
Will Run From 'Frisco To San Jose
And LA To Anaheim

We in Florida were wise enough to dodge this massive boondoggle BULLET. Pun intended. Little wonder Florida is one of the most fiscally stable governments in the country and California is in the bottom few.

CALIFORNIA
Published 2 hours ago [6:00 pm 2/12/19]
California to pull plug on billion-dollar bullet train, cites ballooning costs

By Barnini Chakraborty | Fox News

California bullet train project on track to blow through billions of more dollars

Even Ohio under the Son of a Mailman John Kasich dumped the HSR idea as well that was planned by a liberal predecessor.

How so? Be very specific. Surely an esteemed intellectual like yourself carefully pored over the facts before reaching such a strong opinion.

:auiqs.jpg:

Go talk to the Governor of California dummy, he's the one shutting down the project and saying its not possible to complete it. Don't you look stupid now :auiqs.jpg:

Wouldn't be surprised at all to hear funds are being reallocated to help pay for Healthcare for all and/or tiny houses for illegals, I mean asylum seekers.

It looks like California will have to scrape together $3.5 billion and give that back to the Federal government. I would also point out this is another Obama failure.

We in Florida were wise enough to dodge this massive boondoggle BULLET. Pun intended. Little wonder Florida is one of the most fiscally stable governments in the country and California is in the bottom few.

CALIFORNIA

California bullet train project on track to blow through billions of more dollars

Yup. We in Florida dodged that boondoggle.

Sure cost the tax payers in Cali a fortune.

That's what you get when the Cali voters keep electing those dimwits to run the State.

Go Dems.

We in Florida were wise enough to dodge this massive boondoggle BULLET train. Pun intended. Little wonder Florida is one of the most fiscally stable governments in the country and California is in the bottom few.

CALIFORNIA

Libtards want to put these idiots in charge of healthcare.
Sooner or later they’re gonna have to rename BarryCare...I’d suggest Amtrak but it’s already taken.

Just a lousy train and a few billion down the drain. Nothing to match bush jr.'s WMD lies. Trillions more dollars lost not including tens of thousands of lives. Lives which republicans always pretend they give a damn about. No, what brown did with the train is a bargain in comparison.
You still are not getting the point. You play the comparison game.

People like their privacy and cars provide it. Bookoo dollars are wasted on fiascos. I went to Cali a few months ago. From San Diego to Oceanside and around it i went on Interstate 5 several times over a few days. Every time there was massive slowdowns of traffic. Wasted resources on grandoise schemes when putting those resources on common sense improvements would make the quality of life better for residents. Cali putting that money into highway improvements would make it big time better.

CALIFORNIA

Meh,

Trump's fault.

To be fair, it's very difficult to build a high-speed railway when the highest priority was designing a passenger car with 23 separate bathrooms in a color that wouldn't offend anyone.

Bathrooms just offend in general

Disgusting!

CALIFORNIA

No way! It's half-built! :eek:

PS: This is part of Obama's legacy. :abgg2q.jpg:

Thank God we had Rick Scott for governor then.

TheProgressivePatriot Read it and weep, boy!

I hate to say I told you so. Wait, no I don't! :funnyface:

Forum List

Back