🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

California dumps their High Speed Rail after spending BILLIONS!

Building one of the most expensive types of mass transit through some of the most expensive land in the country was never going to work out.
Public Transit Is Subsidised
Almost Anywhere In The World

And there is nothing wrong with that except there was zero chance they were ever going to build that 500+mile system for $30B in the US. The voters that originally approved it were not given realistic cost information to work with. If they had been, they might not have greenlighted the deal to begin with.

Yes, let GOVERNMENT run our lives. Let them run everything. They are so competent, always benevolent, and have our best interests in mind. Government is NEVER corrupt, nor over controlling. The people that populate government are all good, and caring, unlike the greed in the private sector, they are never self serving, nor selfish.

Pilot1 said:
Yes, let GOVERNMENT run our lives. Let them run everything.
Government is NEVER corrupt, nor over controlling.
What Does This Matter
As Long As I Have TV
And A Stool For My Feet

Public Transit Is Subsidised
Almost Anywhere In The World
And there is nothing wrong with that except....
Except It's A Bottomless Tax-Dollar Rat-Hole

Just depends. All public transportation isn't equal. When I lived in NYC, I used to travel to DC often and when I lived in DC, I traveled to NYC often. The price points on the train vs. shuttles wasn't huge. Sometimes I would fly and sometimes I would amtrak it. In NYC, the subway is irreplaceable and you don't need a car. In DC, the metro is pretty useless really in that you still have to have a car that can take a lot of miles. Where I live now, pubic transit is just buses (well we do have amtrak). For the most part, it is a waste, but they do have special door to door service that is very helpful for the disabled and elderly. You can wheel granny to the bus in front of the house, get her to the doctor and back and not have to transition here from chair to car, car to chair, chair back to car, and car back to chair.

How so? Be very specific. Surely an esteemed intellectual like yourself carefully pored over the facts before reaching such a strong opinion.

:auiqs.jpg:

Go talk to the Governor of California dummy, he's the one shutting down the project and saying its not possible to complete it. Don't you look stupid now :auiqs.jpg:

Wouldn't be surprised at all to hear funds are being reallocated to help pay for Healthcare for all and/or tiny houses for illegals, I mean asylum seekers.

It looks like California will have to scrape together $3.5 billion and give that back to the Federal government. I would also point out this is another Obama failure.

I'd like to be fair, how about a Jerry Brown/Obama Massive Failure?

Just a lousy train and a few billion down the drain. Nothing to match bush jr.'s WMD lies. Trillions more dollars lost not including tens of thousands of lives. Lives which republicans always pretend they give a damn about. No, what brown did with the train is a bargain in comparison.

As you know well, WMDs were found in Iran and over 500 tonnes of yellowcake were secretly shipped from Iran for storage in Canada.

High speed rail is a requisite for our nation's freight industry,
Where Is High-Speed Rail Used For Freight
for this to have failed implies a lot of criminal thieves finding ways to pocket the money.
Well, Yeah
Solyndra Was A Well Publicised Example

That And Incompetence
Which Is Almost A Norm With Major Projects
Boston And Seattle's Big Digs Are Examples Too

Liberals so screwed up the project its impossible to complete it. The Trump administration has launched an audit into this FUBAR disaster. Way to go libs you morons.
WINNING: Trump Claws Back Nearly $1B From California High-Speed Rail Project.

Why is this such a big deal to California? They should just raise taxes for the money lost.

The voters out in California like high taxes.

We don't here in Pennsylvania, but then we generally don't shit on the sidewalks of our cities either. To each their own I guess.

Liberals so screwed up the project its impossible to complete it. The Trump administration has launched an audit into this FUBAR disaster. Way to go libs you morons.

Why is this such a big deal to California? They should just raise taxes for the money lost.

We don't here in Pennsylvania, but then we generally don't shit on the sidewalks of our cities either. To each their own I guess.

Retirees are fleeing California in droves. The libs got mad over losing the tax revenue and attacked them, forcing retirees continue paying California taxes until they PROVE they no longer live in California.

Retirees are fleeing California in droves. The libs got mad over losing the tax revenue and attacked them, forcing retirees continue paying California taxes until they PROVE they no longer live in California.

New York does the same thing. The Maha Rushdie was audited for years by New York after he moved to Florida, being asked to prove doesn't live in the Empire State.

Well, we have the highest Gasoline Tax in the U.S. in PA, and a pretty high individual and corporate Income Tax. We also have sales tax and depending on School District some pretty darn high real estate, and property taxes. PA is not a low tax state, it resides somewhere near the middle or upper middle as total tax burden goes.

California is just insane, and I lived there also at one time. Never again.

We in Florida were wise enough to dodge this massive boondoggle BULLET. Pun intended. Little wonder Florida is one of the most fiscally stable governments in the country and California is in the bottom few.

CALIFORNIA
Published 2 hours ago [6:00 pm 2/12/19]
California to pull plug on billion-dollar bullet train, cites ballooning costs

By Barnini Chakraborty | Fox News

California bullet train project on track to blow through billions of more dollars

And now they are asking Trump for money. WTF

Forum List

Back