🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

California Electric Car Maker CODA Files For Chapter 11, Sold Only 100 Cars

This proves to me that alternative energy is not a viable means of energy at the moment. As much as these liberal kooks want it not to be true, here it is. Another car company based on alternative fuel and energy, gone.

POOF!

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

There should have been individual mandates and taxpayer subsidies to nudge cosumers "forward".......lol

Heck...it's only the more upper class people that can afford those cars! The Middle/low income don't have the money to spend on something like this.....and the majority of people are middle/low income. And the people that do have the money for it know a bad investment when they see it.

The electric battery plant that opened here in Michigan a couple years ago will be closing too. Obama was here making a big speech about how great this was going to be.

Heck...it's only the more upper class people that can afford those cars! The Middle/low income don't have the money to spend on something like this.....and the majority of people are middle/low income. And the people that do have the money for it know a bad investment when they see it.

The electric battery plant that opened here in Michigan a couple years ago will be closing too. Obama was here making a big speech about how great this was going to be.

37 grand for a car that only makes it

a 130 miles between recharges

--LOL

they wonder why it failed

Cons celebrating a failure of progress for alternative energy .... living up the very word conservative, which is to avoid change.

What you fail to realize, PJ, is that this government as well as those before it after Carter, are incapable of developing alternative means of energy. Subsidies, initiatives, grants... the list goes on and on, and the more taxpayer dollars are wasted on a not yet viable project. This proves government's ineptness overall. It proves how gullible people like you are.

I want this to happen, but I really don't think government is capable of leading the charge. When it interferes with companies like Solyndra, Fisker, etc, they collapse under the pressure.

This proves to me that alternative energy is not a viable means of energy at the moment. As much as these liberal kooks want it not to be true, here it is. Another car company based on alternative fuel and energy, gone.

POOF!

Not true were up to our eyeballs in natural gas. I wonder whats new with Obama's "manhatten style" car battery project in illinois, another joke and a waste of money

37 grand for a car that only makes it

a 130 miles between recharges

--LOL

they wonder why it failed

And my 2003 Honda Accord can go 420 miles without between fill ups. This is rich!!!

POOF!

Not true were up to our eyeballs in natural gas. I wonder whats new with Obama's "manhatten style" car battery project in illinois, another joke and a waste of money

What is untrue? Alternative fuel and energy means solar power, ethanol, wind.. all that stuff.

Last edited:
I bought 4 9V batteries for 11 dollars the other day and I really have to wonder about the expense of enough to run a car.

I believe that batteries are a dead end. Not enough energy can be stored in them and they can't be charged fast enough to be used for anything other then a golf cart or short distance vehicle.

It may be a pipe dream but I think our research should be directed to super capacitors. But the technology may not be available. Capacitors have less energy then batteries, but do charge faster and discharge faster.

I think liberals have it wrong as usual. Conservatives are not against alternate energy, we are against throwing money down a rat hole just because it supports agenda.

Graphene supercapacitors: Small, cheap, energy-dense replacements for batteries. - Slate Magazine

Batteries are terrible. Compared to many other methods of storing energy, especially fossil fuels, batteries aren’t very energy dense—that is, a 1-pound battery stores far less energy than is contained in a pound of gasoline. That wouldn’t be so bad if the energy in a battery were easy to replenish—your Tesla might still go only a couple hundred miles on a single charge, but if you could fully recharge it in five minutes rather than several hours, the low capacity wouldn’t bother you as much.

Cons celebrating a failure of progress for alternative energy .... living up the very word conservative, which is to avoid change.

:lol:

You're so missing the point... as usual. We're laughing at the colossally dumb who continue to think that throwing money at a dream of how it should be will just magically make it so. The bottom line, electric cars are a pipe dream... for now. And throwing another gazillion dollars at it will not change that little tidbit of reality.

The purpose was never to make cars. It was to get taxpayer funding, a percentage of which would be kicked back to democrats. Green energy is a money laundering scheme to get millions in public funding, that would then be siphoned back to democrats as political contributions.

I wonder how many of our taxdollars just went down the drain with this company??

Solyndra anyone??

not any this time

they with drew a request for 334 million

Thank God. Thats 334 million we still have.

Jeeze. Anyone get the feeling that the green war is going down the tubes??

Now, now, Claudette. It's not like you to be so irrational.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that virtually the instant it was withdrawn that 334 million was directed elsewhere by Barry's Spending Orgy Czar.

:lol:

You're so missing the point... as usual. We're laughing at the colossally dumb who continue to think that throwing money at a dream of how it should be will just magically make it so. The bottom line, electric cars are a pipe dream... for now. And throwing another gazillion dollars at it will not change that little tidbit of reality.
Obama administration launches project to develop electric-vehicle batteries - San Jose Mercury News

Updated: 11/30/2012 01:33:05 PM PST WASHINGTON - The Obama administration launched a fresh $120-million research project Friday, aimed at developing cheaper batteries for electric vehicles, a sector that has faltered despite billions of dollars of prior government investment.

Forum List

Back