🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

*California Fires Could Of Been Prevented*

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. Okay again we see huge amounts of homes destroyed in California.
2. Again this could of been prevented.
3. If it was made mandatory that fire fighting equipment be made ready for certain mountain top commutes this could of been prevented.
4. Why are they so slow in up take of this action.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Actually I have been impressed with their quick response. Seems they have formed regional units for this so sharing of resources could be done.

Sorry bout that,

3. If it was made mandatory that fire fighting equipment be made ready for certain mountain top commutes this could of been prevented.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

How many places would you want to have fire equipment staged in, so it would be ready?

The fire fighters are pretty much ready, but the areas are spread out and the dry conditions make the fires spread in an almost explosive fashion.

I lived in California for 4 years while my dad served in viet nam. From 1966 to 1970 I went to Venture County public schools. Every year there were brush fires in the state. We were taught in school that these fires had always been a part of the natural ecology of that section of the state. It served as a balance in the system.

Humans come into the system and build houses and then try to stop the burning. They haven't been very successful but ecologically, that's probably a good thing.

If you build your house in a high risk area, and it bites you on the ass, well who's fault is that?

If you build your house in a high risk area, and it bites you on the ass, well who's fault is that?
Yup, just like the people who rebuild over and over on areas that are prone to occasional hurricanes or rivers overflowing onto known flood zones.

Here in Arizona the very act of fighting every forest fire for so long is the problem, with natural cycles of fires the underbrush is cleared and forest thinned. Now since fires are stamped out for so long large swaths of forest have unnaturally thick undergrowth and crowns to where any fire will wreck the entire area if no intervention. Repeat.

They have some thinning programs that do work, but not enough.

Yup, just like the people who rebuild over and over on areas that are prone to occasional hurricanes or rivers overflowing onto known flood zones.

Here in Arizona the very act of fighting every forest fire for so long is the problem, with natural cycles of fires the underbrush is cleared and forest thinned. Now since fires are stamped out for so long large swaths of forest have unnaturally thick undergrowth and crowns to where any fire will wreck the entire area if no intervention. Repeat.

They have some thinning programs that do work, but not enough.

Actually, when there are buildings, there is less of a danger...it's the wild brush that sends the fire on its way. Ironically, firefighters yesterday at the Cocos fire had a lot of help from a newly cleared patch near the Palomar Hospital where they are starting a new housing project.

But ultimately...we had temps in the 100s, humidity in the single digits and winds in the 30s +....add to that some idiots tossing cigs out car windows and pyros......

I lived in California for 4 years while my dad served in viet nam. From 1966 to 1970 I went to Venture County public schools. Every year there were brush fires in the state. We were taught in school that these fires had always been a part of the natural ecology of that section of the state. It served as a balance in the system.

Humans come into the system and build houses and then try to stop the burning. They haven't been very successful but ecologically, that's probably a good thing.

Isn't that pretty much every area of the country though? Between fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes and blizzards you aren't safe anywhere.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

How many places would you want to have fire equipment staged in, so it would be ready?

The fire fighters are pretty much ready, but the areas are spread out and the dry conditions make the fires spread in an almost explosive fashion.

Dry conditions, the Japanese bark Beatle and flat out neglect of the forest and wild areas by the BLM, USDA, and the state itself because they insist on kissing ass to environmentalist. They do little to maintain the forest and have an extreamly limited budget to do what they can. The residents of California are also to blame here. They keep electing these morons and insist on building homes where it is extreamly likely to burn. Its sucks, but they need to shut up, buy insurance and deal with it like everyone else.

I thought it was really funny when a reporter said the fires were threatening a nuclear power plant, but said the plant wasn't active. Like there was no danger of the thousands of tons of nuclear waste catching fire, because the plant isn't running. SSSSttttuuuppppiiiidddd!

BTW, how do you prevent arson?

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Home owners should have there own fire fighting equipment built into their homes garages.
2. And a safe perch or balcony to shoot the water or fire retardant from.
3. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what needs to be done.
4. Most these fires are in the mountains, with winding roads, with windy conditions.
5. Unless these homes can defend themselves of these fires, I have no pity for their losses.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back