California Has A Solution For The Inflation Problem -

It is a terrible idea when people making an hourly wage have their pay cut by 20%.

They will not be able to go anywhere because they will not be able to afford to go anywhere
The bill prohibits reducing wages. So basically the employer has to pay more for less work.

Actually its worse than that the bill actually requires that pay doesn;t decrease so employers will be paying more for less work

Employers subject to the law also would be barred from reducing workers' pay because they are working less

I know it is a bit off topic, but I think many companies could greatly benefit from moving away from an hourly rate of pay. In my family only my wife gets paid by the hour, and that is because she is a nurse for the VA and nurses have all sorts differentials, nights, weekends, holidays and the like.

The bill prohibits reducing wages. So basically the employer has to pay more for less work.

so the bill forces them to raise their hourly rate of pay? I didn't read it that way, I will have to look again.

PLEASE stop saying employees will get paid less

Employers subject to the law also would be barred from reducing workers' pay because they are working less, assembly member Cristina Garcia, one of the bill's sponsors, told the Los Angeles

PLEASE stop saying employees will get paid less

Employers subject to the law also would be barred from reducing workers' pay because they are working less, assembly member Cristina Garcia, one of the bill's sponsors, told the Los Angeles

It is worded oddly....

Employers subject to the law also would be barred from reducing workers' pay because they are working less, assembly member Cristina Garcia, one of the bill's sponsors, told the Los Angeles Times. The bill would not cover workers who are covered by a collective bargaining agreement.

When it says they cannot reduce the pay are they speaking of hourly pay rate or gross pay?

Interesting also that it does not cover workers in a union. This bill would make employers like unions! :laughing0301:

It is worded oddly....

Employers subject to the law also would be barred from reducing workers' pay because they are working less, assembly member Cristina Garcia, one of the bill's sponsors, told the Los Angeles Times. The bill would not cover workers who are covered by a collective bargaining agreement.

When it says they cannot reduce the pay are they speaking of hourly pay rate or gross pay?

Interesting also that it does not cover workers in a union. This bill would make employers like unions! :laughing0301:
It seems unclear.

But you pay is what you get in your check

You hourly wage is not your pay it's the rate of your pay.

Now knowing this is CA I think they will say that they mean the that the pay you received for 40 hours will still be paid for working 32 hours.

But why not just work 4 10 hour days instead?

Actually its worse than that the bill actually requires that pay doesn;t decrease so employers will be paying more for less work

Employers subject to the law also would be barred from reducing workers' pay because they are working less
I wonder how that is defined. If you are earning an hourly rate, the company could claim they were paying $15 per hour before and they are still paying $15 per hour. So, they wouldn't be reducing the worker's hourly rate.

It seems unclear.

But you pay is what you get in your check

You hourly wage is not your pay it's the rate of your pay.

Now knowing this is CA I think they will say that they mean the that the pay you received for 40 hours will still be paid for working 32 hours.

But why not just work 4 10 hour days instead?

When I saw the law I just assumed it was 4 10 hour days. Silly me.

I believe it requires them to pay 1.5x OT after 32 hours, not 40 so while not raising their hourly rate, companies will have to pay more for the same work.
Good luck with that.

Only if they get more than the 32 hours.

But yea, it is a terrible bill

It is a terrible idea when people making an hourly wage have their pay cut by 20%.

They will not be able to go anywhere because they will not be able to afford to go anywhere

Yawns. This just means another unwarranted backdoor pay increase by making day 5 time and a half

They can always be self employed and work a hundred hours a week...
God fucking damn you're so stupid that you prove every day that you don't have a single investment at all.
I have lots of investments and made a shitload of dough being self-employed, looser. If you can't earn enough money you better figure out how to control the game. And God told me to tell you to stop fucking dams, try dames.

They can always be self employed and work a hundred hours a week...

I have lots of investments and made a shitload of dough being self-employed, looser. If you can't earn enough money you better figure out how to control the game. And God told me to tell you to stop fucking dams, try dames.
You don't have shit because you're obviously unable to critically think. LOL. Meanwhile I prove my investments with screenshots.

You literally are a bum, a washed up nobody who wishes he was a somebody. Your posts scream it.

You don't have shit because you're obviously unable to critically think. LOL. Meanwhile I prove my investments with screenshots.

You literally are a bum, a washed up nobody who wishes he was a somebody. Your posts scream it.
If you want to expose your fake identity please be my guest.

Forum List

Back