California is now spending a half-billion dollars to destroy 4 dams on Klamath River

Water and power
You do not get water or power from the Klamath river. You are wrong. If you got water from the Klamath river, you would need a source of power, other than the dams, to pump the water to wherever you are.

The Klamath river does not provide water to the people. It is only to the local farms, in Oregon and California, just on the border, no more. Farms we do not need in order for you to have food.

I educated you, now thank me.

You do not get water or power from the Klamath river. You are wrong. If you got water from the Klamath river, you would need a source of power, other than the dams, to pump the water to wherever you are.

The Klamath river does not provide water to the people. It is only to the local farms, in Oregon and California, just on the border, no more. Farms we do not need in order for you to have food.

I educated you, now thank me.
Iron Gate dam produces 18 Megawatts of power, and Copco dam produces 27 Megawatts of power. Now you've learned something new today. "The More You Know"

Iron Gate dam produces 18 Megawatts of power, and Copco dam produces 27 Megawatts of power. Now you've learned something new today. "The More You Know"
that's it?????? The grand coulee produces 6800 Megawatts watts

You left two out, must be zero for those. Then there is the capacity factor you did not calculate in.

278 Terra watts is what California uses a year. Those 2 tiny little dams produce less than the margin of error of that 278 tw calculation.

45 mw? Except, when there is no water! Which with global warming there will be no water in California.

And if we add another fact, we see there is no water

Jun 14, 2022 — The Klamath Basin has been plagued by drought and a lack of water for years. Last year, the region faced one of the worst droughts on record ...

National headlines often frame the chronic water shortage in the Klamath Basin as “farmers versus fish.” The reality is far more complex—and worrisome. Since the 2002 fish kill, abnormally dry years have predominated in the Klamath Basin, including a prolonged drought that stretched from late 2011 to early 2017.

Klamath river, restore the watershed, blow up the dams, save the fish.

Dams are called renewable energy. Except they destroy the watershed for fish, billions of fish. Fish is food.

Democrats think only the rich should have food.

that's it?????? The grand coulee produces 6800 Megawatts watts

You left two out, must be zero for those. Then there is the capacity factor you did not calculate in.

278 Terra watts is what California uses a year. Those 2 tiny little dams produce less than the margin of error of that 278 tw calculation.

45 mw? Except, when there is no water! Which with global warming there will be no water in California.

And if we add another fact, we see there is no water

Jun 14, 2022 — The Klamath Basin has been plagued by drought and a lack of water for years. Last year, the region faced one of the worst droughts on record ...

National headlines often frame the chronic water shortage in the Klamath Basin as “farmers versus fish.” The reality is far more complex—and worrisome. Since the 2002 fish kill, abnormally dry years have predominated in the Klamath Basin, including a prolonged drought that stretched from late 2011 to early 2017.
You had claimed that there was no power being provided by the dams on the river. So I responded. I only listed the dams in California, not the ones in Oregon.

You had claimed that there was no power being provided by the dams on the river. So I responded. I only listed the dams in California, not the ones in Oregon.
No, I specifically stated you do not get power from the dams. Technically, nobody gets power from the dams, with the droughts that are frequent, in California.

40mw is literally nothing, especially after you add the capacity factor.

Either way, if we can restore the fish habitat, that is the direction we should be going. The world needs fish, we dont need dams. .

Forum List

Back