California judge rules that an Abstinence-only curriculum is not sex education.

Maybe your hatred for God is clouding your perception. When I was in high school, my biology teacher taught sex education. He managed to tell us that abstinence is the best way to avoid pregnancies and STDs without once mentioning religion.

Maybe your problem is imagining conflicts with Christians that don't even exist. You're like Al Gore going after Manbearpig.

And you're super serial.

"California judge rules that an Abstinence-only curriculum is not sex education."

Of course it isn't.

The nonsense that is 'abstinence only' is anti-education, an effort to insinuate religion and a rightist political agenda into public schools.

And this is a non-issue, of course, in that children can be taught both 'abstinence only' and comprehensive sex education – the former by their parents and the latter by the schools.

Abstinence-only curriculum is not sex education judge rules - SFGate
I really hate how much influence the religious right has on our children's education. Keep religion out of schools
Proper sexual education has been shown to significantly reduce the risks of teenage pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. Proper sexual education in the school is extremely important for that.
Last I checked, out of wedlock births were near 50 percent, so much for "safe sex education" working.

Other than abstinence, there is no full proof way to prevent out of wedlock birth and STDs, both of which are on the rise sine the sexual revolution of the 70s.

That's what sex education is supposed to do. Increase teen pregnancy and disease. It's working just fine.

Abstinence is the best way to prevent pregnancy and STDs. But abstinence only education is a huge failure.

Give the kids the facts. Teach them how it works, what doesn't work, and what the consequences are.

I really hate how much influence the religious right has on our children's education. Keep religion out of schools
Proper sexual education has been shown to significantly reduce the risks of teenage pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. Proper sexual education in the school is extremely important for that.
Wow, are you deluded! Religious people are often discriminated against in American schools.

Religious Liberty Archives - FIRE

And abstinence education works.

Stats and Facts

New Study Says Abstinence Only Works - ABC News

Dangers of promiscuity:

Is There a Price to Pay for Promiscuity - Longevity Center - Everyday Health

Last edited:
If your child gets through first grade without an STD, DCFS should investigate you for negligent parenting.

"California judge rules that an Abstinence-only curriculum is not sex education."

Of course it isn't.

The nonsense that is 'abstinence only' is anti-education, an effort to insinuate religion and a rightist political agenda into public schools.

And this is a non-issue, of course, in that children can be taught both 'abstinence only' and comprehensive sex education – the former by their parents and the latter by the schools.

Oh, and leftists NEVER try to inject their political agenda into public schools.....

Here's an idea, let's get sex education OUT of schools PERIOD. Jesus Christ, schools aren't even doing a good job of teaching kids to read and do math, let parents worry about sex ed.

Of course it isn't.

Oh, and leftists NEVER try to inject their political agenda into public schools.....
They got those poor tikes thinking that global warming is going to end the world. My son goes to Catholic school and even the crap he gets there enrages me.

Of course it isn't.

They got those poor tikes thinking that global warming is going to end the world. My son goes to Catholic school and even the crap he gets there enrages me.

Our twins attend private schools and they recently debated a public school team on global warming and absolutely destroyed them. It was a pleasure to watch the beat down

Saw that headline myself. Makes sense. Sorta like saying 'don't drive' isn't driver education. :)

Of course it isn't.

Our twins attend private schools and they recently debated a public school team on global warming and absolutely destroyed them. It was a pleasure to watch the beat down
I've had talks with the administrator, but there's a little war going on in our own home. My wife, who often votes Democrat, believes in global warming.....oh and liberal social justice, gay marriage, and legalizing pot. Her parents are even more raging Leftist lunatics. Let's just say we don't discuss politics much.

Of course it isn't.

I've had talks with the administrator, but there's a little war going on in our own home. My wife, who often votes Democrat, believes in global warming.....oh and liberal social justice, gay marriage, and legalizing pot. Her parents are even more raging Leftist lunatics. Let's just say we don't discuss politics much.

I'm married to a staunch conservative so we don't have that issue....thank God

Austria, a country I have lived in and am familiar with, has a teenage pregnancy rate of 3 per 1,000 in 2013. They have comprehensive sex education.

In comparison, the US has a rate of 26.5 per 1,000 in 2013. Sex education in the US is controversial and often limited in certain areas. It is something the religious right does not want us to have.

Good sex education does work.

Forum List

Back