California Road-Tax Hike Is Really A Pension Tax

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I don't feel bad for any of you in California. You've probably elected the most extreme left wing legislature in the country and you deserve this. I've been asked a few times by my employer if I would be interested in moving to California and every time my response has been, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Consider this sobering news from the CalMatters' Judy Lin in January: "New projections show the state's annual bill for retirement obligations is expected to reach $11 billion by the time Brown leaves office in January 2019—nearly double what it was eight years earlier." That's the state's "annual bill," i.e., the direct costs taken from the general-fund budget. That number doesn't even include those "unfunded" pension liabilities that according to some estimates top $1 trillion.

That's more than double the $5.2 billion a year the Brown administration hopes to raise from a plan that would boost gas taxes by 12 cents a gallon, raise the vehicle-license fee by $25 to $175 a year (depending on the value of the vehicle), impose a $100 annual fee on electric cars because they don't currently pay gas taxes and include a large hike on diesel fuel. Money is fungible, so if the state overspends on pensions, it has to make it up somewhere else.

But California is going to secede and become a new nation and prosper and all that other left loon pipe dream shit.

I don't feel bad for any of you in California. You've probably elected the most extreme left wing legislature in the country and you deserve this. I've been asked a few times by my employer if I would be interested in moving to California and every time my response has been, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Consider this sobering news from the CalMatters' Judy Lin in January: "New projections show the state's annual bill for retirement obligations is expected to reach $11 billion by the time Brown leaves office in January 2019—nearly double what it was eight years earlier." That's the state's "annual bill," i.e., the direct costs taken from the general-fund budget. That number doesn't even include those "unfunded" pension liabilities that according to some estimates top $1 trillion.

That's more than double the $5.2 billion a year the Brown administration hopes to raise from a plan that would boost gas taxes by 12 cents a gallon, raise the vehicle-license fee by $25 to $175 a year (depending on the value of the vehicle), impose a $100 annual fee on electric cars because they don't currently pay gas taxes and include a large hike on diesel fuel. Money is fungible, so if the state overspends on pensions, it has to make it up somewhere else.

we sure don't mind the budget surplus and still enjoy being the 5th largest economy in the world, fo sho

we sure don't mind the budget surplus and still enjoy being the 5th largest economy in the world, fo sho

Enjoy it. It's all yours.

Can California's Economy Withstand $1.3 Trillion of Government Debt? - California Policy Center

Can California's Economy Withstand $1.3 Trillion of Government Debt? - California Policy Center

thanks, have been for quite some time

CA, best state in the union bar none, fact

nice link btw

nice link btw
it used to be bar none....now it can be argued its not....

Haha...spin, spin!
You can thank "big corp" and Silicon Valley for that because we all know our citizens are mostly non-contributing, bottom feeding piece of shits.
Do you like being home to 12% of the nations population while holding 33% of the nations welfare recipients?

nice link btw

Damn I never saw a poster admit to hiding their head in the sand when they know all hell will break lose.

I don't blame you. I was asked the same thing and said no also.

I wouldn't go to California to take a dump.

But it seems many of the nation's homeless are. There are even apps to help you avoid the piles.

San Francisco Requires Poop Maps To Help Pedestrians Avoid Human Waste

But it seems many of the nation's homeless are. There are even apps to help you avoid the piles.

excellent, you're not welcome

You can elect legislators who can reverse aging demographic trends, really?

Yeah sorry, we only welcome and allow more of the same here...to qualify for our red carpet you must be an illegal, criminal or total whack-job.

You can elect legislators who can reverse aging demographic trends, really?

we already have

Yeah sorry, we only welcome and allow more of the same here...to qualify for our red carpet you must be an illegal, criminal or total whack-job.

then CA might make an exception in your case

Forum List

Back