🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

California woman, 91, armed with shotgun, dies after being shot by deputies

No, i never said she was blind. Im saying the opposite. Blind people cant aim a shotgun directly at someone.

Being legally blind does not mean a person lives in total darkness. They could still have some vision, just very obstructed but still able to see shadows, movement, and recognize some objects.
She could obviously see, otherwise she wouldnt have been able to aim a shotgun at them.

I said already. We are going to have to hire people that have basic common sense and an ability for critical thinking.

That's who they hire. Some departments won't hire you without a college degree. One of our suburbs here requires four years of college to even apply. They are trained at the academy, have to pass multiple tests, undergo psychological evaluation........

A friend of mine has a son that went into law enforcement. In spite of his education in law enforcement, he had a hell of a time trying to secure a good job. His dream was getting a job with the federal government. When he applied for a State Trooper job, the troopers came to his house while he wasn't home. My friend said they interviewed he and his wife for an hour. After they left, they watched them pull out of the driveway, and pulled into their next door neighbors driveway, and talked with several other neighbors after that. They contacted a couple of his high school teachers, and one in grade school.

For the most part, police departments do what they can to get the very best people. Don't be so quick to blame the police officers.

No, i never said she was blind. Im saying the opposite. Blind people cant aim a shotgun directly at someone.
So once more, what compels the police to stand right in front of a blind woman and put themselves in danger?
Should someone draw a picture for you?

Tell me again what is stopping police from sneaking to her side with taser guns and disarming her that way?
She can't see the cops. She can't hear them. Better to callously murder her in cold blood, is your strategy
I guess. Where is your humanity, prick?
Blind people are incapable of aiming a gun at someone. She clearly was not blind, so just stop already.

She probably was aiming the gun in the opposite direction when the cop gunned her down.

There's a definite problem being a good-guy-with-a-gun. When police are responding to a call, they have no way to know if the guy-with-a-gun facing them is good or bad.

They could ask before opening fire.

So, good guys, when the fuzz orders you to drop your weapon, don't point it at them, just drop the d@mn thing and put your hands on the top of your head.

Cops will usually kill you without a word.

The Communist police in California killed a 91 year old woman who was legally blind and deaf??? A 91 year old woman????

what sort of human being does that? why??? may those who did this burn in Hell for an Eternity.

The Communist police in California killed a 91 year old woman who was legally blind and deaf??? A 91 year old woman????

what sort of human being does that? why??? may those who did this burn in Hell for an Eternity.

She was white, so no harm, no foul.

What would you propose they do? Stand there while she shoots them?

are you saying that a blind and deaf 91 year old woman is stronger and more alert than the many police officers that were there?

look.....you are a POS....I will put you ignore. Shame on you!

are you saying that a blind and deaf 91 year old woman is stronger and more alert than the many police officers that were there?

look.....you are a POS....I will put you ignore. Shame on you!

What does stronger and more alert have to do with shooting cops with a shotgun?

For training special operations troops, we regularly used kids because they did not think they were a threat until they "killed" them with the AK-47 they were carrying.

While you and I always agree when it comes to situations and politics, I have to disagree with you here. As I posted earlier, we were only given a media summary of what took place. We don't know most of the key facts, and stating the police are automatically guilty based on the OP is premature. Your chance of being killed by a little 91 year old lady with a gun are just as good as as a 20 year old punk with a gun. Because a very old lady shoots you does not make the shot any less fatal.

I'm not sticking up for the police officer, and I'm not sticking up for the old lady because I have too little information to do either. I'm sure people will post updates when available, perhaps body cam footage, possible witnesses, but until then, I'm not going to convict the officer on USMB and an OP.

What I do know from listening to my police scanner is the police are unaware of the person involved. They didn't know she was deaf; didn't know she was legally blind. All they knew is somebody was trying to break into that residence. A person came out, pointed a gun at the officers, and in their minds, it was either they gun her down or she gun them down. So what does a police officer do in that situation?

My judgement is wait for all the facts to come out.

The old lady had called police about an intruder and was carrying the gun because she was fearful, but she most likely didn't know the police were there since she was legally blind and deaf.

" Susan DeLemus, a relative of Francois, told the Daily Press on Monday that the woman was legally blind and deaf."

This is how they are trained. They hire people easily trained this way. See a gun, FIRE. See a cell phone FIRE. See nothing? Fire and say you thought you did.

This is why there are protests and demand for reforms. The cops murdered her.
Your argument must not be great if you have to lie. They didnt shoot her because she had a gun, they shot her because she pointed it at them. If youre too old and feeble to know that your dealing with cops, you shouldnt have a gun.

Because they are trained robots unable to critically think. An old lady call 9-11 about an intruder. She comes to the door with a gun. There is NO reason to shoot her. Stay behind your car and let her calm down. Call family to come address her. (BUT she has a gun). So what.

We are going to change this kind of thing.

Exactly......way too many trigger happy cops out there not even to mention the fallacious training they get that turns them into robots unable to think for themselves or properly analyze a situation.

Unfortunately more whites are killed by police than Negroes.

While you and I always agree when it comes to situations and politics, I have to disagree with you here. As I posted earlier, we were only given a media summary of what took place. We don't know most of the key facts, and stating the police are automatically guilty based on the OP is premature. Your chance of being killed by a little 91 year old lady with a gun are just as good as as a 20 year old punk with a gun. Because a very old lady shoots you does not make the shot any less fatal.

I'm not sticking up for the police officer, and I'm not sticking up for the old lady because I have too little information to do either. I'm sure people will post updates when available, perhaps body cam footage, possible witnesses, but until then, I'm not going to convict the officer on USMB and an OP.

What I do know from listening to my police scanner is the police are unaware of the person involved. They didn't know she was deaf; didn't know she was legally blind. All they knew is somebody was trying to break into that residence. A person came out, pointed a gun at the officers, and in their minds, it was either they gun her down or she gun them down. So what does a police officer do in that situation?

My judgement is wait for all the facts to come out.

Some common sense could have made all the difference.....a 91 yrl old woman or any old woman does not pose the same threat as a young black male or even a young white male.

The training police get as mentioned above makes them too robotic aka shoot anyone who refuses to put down their weapon.

She didnt just come to the door with a gun, she pointed it at the cops. She shouldnt have had a gun if she doesnt know who she is even pointing the thing at.

She was hoping having a gun would scare away the intruder without having to use it.
How the fuck do you know that? Who gives a shit what she was thinking anyway? The cops arent mind readers. If you point a gun at them, you die. End of story.
Depends.(not hers).I don't do "point". If it comes up, it's going off and I seldom miss. The piglet could have dripped a shot of his shitty lil 9mm in her shin and it would have all been over.OTOH, like all meatheads he spent too much time shaving his head and polishing his shoes for more jingles than at the range for skills

Forum List

Back