Call for boycott of the rose bowl parade

Again/still/some more? Everybody on this board is quite aware of how both sides feel.

I see a difference between how Jughead feels and responds. You can honestly say you don't?

No. It doesn't matter why you keep your children from those icky gays...it's still bigotry. Hiding behind religion doesn't make it less so.

Okay. Well, I can't agree. I do believe there are shades of gray. I see lots of people using the Bible as an excuse, and a club.

I do not see him as one of them.

It's an interesting subject though, I feel. Do you believe it is impossible for a person of faith to just believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God without bigotry and negativity coloring their perceptions?

My dearly beloved sister once asked me if I thought she was going to hell because she's a lesbian. I said "No. I think you're going to hell because you've turned your back on God."

I no longer believe that. I reject the God of hate and rage. And I believe my God made gays, just as sure as he made me left-handed for no reason whatsoever.

I don't believe there is anywhere in the Bible that allows us to hate, judge, mock, shame or belittle our fellow man.

Your attitude, though I disagree, is within the bounds of rational discussion and tolerance.

Seawitch is a fascist who uses her ideology to divide the world into two camps; one she supports and the other she hates and wants destroyed. It is a shame that such fascists as her are pushing our society toward a dreadful and violent dichotomy.

All y'all!! Jesus H Christ on a pogo stick, you do NOT need to be attacking people for making personal belief decisions for their family that you happen to disagree with!

:mad:

Nothing wrong with pointing out the inherit bigotry in the position though Boop.

Again/still/some more? Everybody on this board is quite aware of how both sides feel.

I see a difference between how Jughead feels and responds. You can honestly say you don't?

yep, they are proving that they are not content with live and let live nope, they want to FORCE you and I to teach our kids that their behavior is perfectly acceptable.

It's as ridiculous as others trying to force them NOT to be gay.

Nothing wrong with pointing out the inherit bigotry in the position though Boop.

No. It doesn't matter why you keep your children from those icky gays...it's still bigotry. Hiding behind religion doesn't make it less so.
We are fortunate enough to live in a society where we can freely practice our faith or engage in a lifestyle choice we desire. Sadly, some foreign countries do not allow these freedoms.

Freedom is the key here. I am free to attend my religious institution, however I would not insist that your son join me while I attend mass. I similarly would appreciate that you not insist that my son or my family for that matter should attend a gay themed event. You can ask, but I would politely decline.

Hair gel is TOTALLY gay! :rofl:

More banal stupidity from you.

I have known guys that wore mohawks that would crush you and your butch dyke butt-buddies if you said that in front of them and happily go to jail for it.

And you will probably make some lame gay joke about going to jail as well, but that is the fate of those like you who have lost the ability to think rationally, if you ever even had it.

The guys with the Mohawks are closet cases. Hair gel is soooooo ghey.

Yep...very bear like mohawk hair guys. Unless they are skinny, then they are otters.

More banal stupidity from you.

I have known guys that wore mohawks that would crush you and your butch dyke butt-buddies if you said that in front of them and happily go to jail for it.

And you will probably make some lame gay joke about going to jail as well, but that is the fate of those like you who have lost the ability to think rationally, if you ever even had it.

The guys with the Mohawks are closet cases. Hair gel is soooooo ghey.

It is interesting that libtards go on and on about how bad stereotyping people is, and then they use stereotyping when it suits them.

I think that puts you into the category of 'hypocritical whore bitch' or something like that.

You seem to need a tissue, Mr. Bowie. Finding out that many of your tough friends are probably gay.

Are there seriously gays in this thread using gay as a slur? LOL that's hilarious.

I couldn't ever imagine implying that someone is straight in an attempt to insult them lol

All y'all!! Jesus H Christ on a pogo stick, you do NOT need to be attacking people for making personal belief decisions for their family that you happen to disagree with!

:mad:

I appreciate the support, Boop. I understand where the other side is coming from. Some really feel strong about their faith or their cause, so strong in fact that they want everyone on board. That is perfectly all right. I acknowledge this, however I also acknowledge that I as well feel the same way in regards to my own faith. I will however respect the rights of others to practice whatever faith or lifestyle they desire.

We are fortunate enough to live in a society where we can freely practice our faith or engage in a lifestyle choice we desire. Sadly, some foreign countries do not allow these freedoms.

Freedom is the key here. I am free to attend my religious institution, however I would not insist that your son join me while I attend mass. I similarly would appreciate that you not insist that my son or my family for that matter should attend a gay themed event. You can ask, but I would politely decline.

That's fine...but are you saying that the Rose Parade is a gay-themed event?

Two men plan to get married atop one of the floats. Attending or watching the parade on TV would be equivalent to participating in a gay wedding ceremony.

Two men plan to get married atop one of the floats. Attending or watching the parade on TV would be equivalent to participating in a gay wedding ceremony.

I participated in WWII this morning on the History Channel.

Lol, so being a bigot is OK if it is for the sake of humor?

Goebbels thought the same thing.

Woah! And now the raging phobe slips in a Nazi reference! Woo Hoo!

godwin__s_law_demotivator_by_brokeneye3-d3l10cv.jpg

Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies[1][2]) is an assertion made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3] In other words, Godwin said that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis....

Godwin's law does not claim to articulate a fallacy; it is instead framed as a memetic tool to reduce the incidence of inappropriate hyperbolic comparisons.

Thus proving that you really are an idiot, and you have nothing left to say.

It is amazing that libtards think that any mention of their ideological cousins, the Nazis, is a fallacy of some kind. Simply because someone gave a name to a common occurrence, does not make the occurrence a fallacy or anything else erroneous.

BTW, what I said was not hyperbole either, moron.

Comparing people to Nazis is so gay!

One year due to illness in the family, I was unable to attend midnight mass at Christmas. I tuned in and watched it on TV. It was equivalent to participating in the event.

So? That makes it a gay-themed event? How about all the horses and the bands and the other floats?

One year due to illness in the family, I was unable to attend midnight mass at Christmas. I tuned in and watched it on TV. It was equivalent to participating in the event.

So...the Rose Bowl Parade is like going to Catholic Mass......will we be having pedophile priests participating?

So? That makes it a gay-themed event? How about all the horses and the bands and the other floats?
The fact that a gay wedding ceremony will occur during the parade makes it off limits for me. You or anyone else is more than welcome to attend.

So...the Rose Bowl Parade is like going to Catholic Mass......will we be having pedophile priests participating?
I was merely comparing attending the parade tomorrow vs watching it on TV. Both are off limits for myself or my family. I do plan on watching the game though.

Okay. Well, I can't agree. I do believe there are shades of gray. I see lots of people using the Bible as an excuse, and a club.

I do not see him as one of them.

It's an interesting subject though, I feel. Do you believe it is impossible for a person of faith to just believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God without bigotry and negativity coloring their perceptions?

My dearly beloved sister once asked me if I thought she was going to hell because she's a lesbian. I said "No. I think you're going to hell because you've turned your back on God."

I no longer believe that. I reject the God of hate and rage. And I believe my God made gays, just as sure as he made me left-handed for no reason whatsoever.

I don't believe there is anywhere in the Bible that allows us to hate, judge, mock, shame or belittle our fellow man.

"Not as bad" is still bad. Shades of bigotry is still bigotry.

Forum List

Back