Calling all Pagans!

Well, I can see this is going to be a struggle, and for what? We are just trying to find others like ourselves, not a bunch of christian BS. I've never been a christian in my life, and boy, I sure made at least one really good decision in my life. It seems to me that all the christian types in here have the chips on their shoulders, AND too much time on their hands.

You come to a political board specifically to find "others like yourselves"? And ALL the Christian "types" in here have a chip on their sholders? In that case, what's wrong with where you WERE, since you all seem to know each other?

Isn't that a little like the pot calling the kettle black? You've just flat out done what you've accused everyone of doing to you, when in fact, there's really only ONE extremist that bothers to grace this thread.

Fact is, a very large portion of this board IS Christian. Most of them are content to just let others be. But if it's such BS, why make your home where you feel you're obviously not accepted?

and btw that
"response being tried on you before" you will find most pagans do not wish to upset anyone. Nor do we wish to go into christian religious sites to cause trouble. It is hardly the opinion of one but the opinion of most of us.

Have any explanation for the "out there" and insulting brushstroke response of the person below you, then?

my response? silver has ever right to say what she says...as do you. Why are you concerened that we all know each other? Is it odd for someone to find a board and then invited friends to it? Is that not how most mb's grow?

As far as what the majority of this board believes that is fine but does it restrict what others can believe on here? You know you see much worse attacks by other faiths on here. Again this is a thread for us to reach out and find each other? Why does that seem to upset you? There is no conspiracy or anything, one thing you might be interested in nothing. We are not converters. We will not convert to your pov nor would ,i myself, try to convert you from your pov.

my response? silver has ever right to say what she says...as do you. Why are you concerened that we all know each other? Is it odd for someone to find a board and then invited friends to it? Is that not how most mb's grow?

As far as what the majority of this board believes that is fine but does it restrict what others can believe on here? You know you see much worse attacks by other faiths on here. Again this is a thread for us to reach out and find each other? Why does that seem to upset you? There is no conspiracy or anything, one thing you might be interested in nothing. We are not converters. We will not convert to your pov nor would ,i myself, try to convert you from your pov.

What does anything I said have to do with any portion of your response above?

I'm not incorrect at all. Rather, your POV has no context.

I imagine that you are always correct in your own mind. In what way was my comment out of context? You made a generalized statement and I gave you a personal fact directly related to your statement. I was not out of context!

"Ponder this, in context:"

I've been here for about a week, and I didn't say anything until yesterday.

I didn't come in here with "a chip on my shoulder", but I did arrive IN THIS THREAD to see Pagan bashing taking place and I reponded.

Let's cut to the chase, you obviously have a problem with Pagans defending each other and confronting you when you try to rip us for one end to the other. Granted, you are the admin here and this is your place, if you don't want me here, then say so and I will never return to this board, otherwise, get the fuck off my back because I will be damned if I am going to sit by and watch claimed Chirstian trash like Allie, rant, rave and bash against Pagans and not say anything.

You come to a political board specifically to find "others like yourselves"? And ALL the Christian "types" in here have a chip on their sholders? In that case, what's wrong with where you WERE, since you all seem to know each other?

Isn't that a little like the pot calling the kettle black? You've just flat out done what you've accused everyone of doing to you, when in fact, there's really only ONE extremist that bothers to grace this thread.

Fact is, a very large portion of this board IS Christian. Most of them are content to just let others be. But if it's such BS, why make your home where you feel you're obviously not accepted?

Actually, this thread has nothing at all to do with Politics, it is in a Religion and Ethics portion of this site, and it asks for other Pagans to come say hi. Not all the christian ranting and raving. There is nothing wrong with where I was, my page is still there and will stay there. I came here because I was told that there are more topics, broader minds, and a less regional feel. Well, I don't know about that, but I can plainly see that the christian types here are very uptight indeed about the Pagans trying to find eachother.

This response was tried on me before. I'm not incorrect at all. Rather, your POV has no context.

Here's something for you to ponder, in context:

Out of all the Christians on the board, we know who about 10 of them are, maybe. Maybe half or less of them are actual extremists.

But we ALL know who ALL the pagans are, and it isn't from asking. Don't come in here wearing your religion like a chip on your shoulder then cry foul when it presents itself as a target.

Or is playing the martyr inherent to paganism?

How do you know who ALL the pagans are?

Sheesh!!

Why do you assume the rest of the board is Christian?

I think a poll done a way back showed that agnostics were in the majority.

How do you know who ALL the pagans are?

Sheesh!!

Why do you assume the rest of the board is Christian?

I think a poll done a way back showed that agnostics were in the majority.

LOL! I personally think that christianity as it is know now will cease to exist in my lifetime. And it's not a big suprise why that will come about.

BTW, we get along fine with Agnostics, we have a good Bud who is, "Back Where We Came From".

Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on the highway to hell

No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me round
Hey Satan, payin' my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey Momma, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land

(Don't stop me)

And I'm going down, all the way down

That reminds me... Back in HS we had a substitute one day who happened to also by the wife of the preacher at the church that I attended. Well, we cretins were trading tapes when she came up and saw that ACDC Highway to Hell tape.. The look on her face was priceless. just priceless.

I guess it's a good thing she didn't see the Slayer tapes.

That reminds me... Back in HS we had a substitute one day who happened to also by the wife of the preacher at the church that I attended. Well, we cretins were trading tapes when she came up and saw that ACDC Highway to Hell tape.. The look on her face was priceless. just priceless.

I guess it's a good thing she didn't see the Slayer tapes.

Have you ever heard of Insane Clown Posse? Now, that's a CD you'd want to keep in the drawer. But, I keep mine in the box with Bach and Tchaikovski. Nobody'd think of looking there.

LOL! I personally think that christianity as it is know now will cease to exist in my lifetime. And it's not a big suprise why that will come about.

BTW, we get along fine with Agnostics, we have a good Bud who is, "Back Where We Came From".

I'm an atheist and I get along fine with anyone who doesn't try to convert me to some religion. I even get along fine with some who have as long as they have other redeeming qualities.

I don't recall ever being scolded for being an atheist or ever being the target of some recruitment to anything other than by a Christian or to a Christian denomination. Yesterday one even tried to convert my dog!!
Well, it was just some goofy monk inviting me to a service where they bless the animals, but even so!! No way would I expose my dog to anything that would put her at risk for developing Catholic guilt. ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back