Calling all Pagans!

You want to go back through the thread . . . Yet the crying of foul was aimed at Christians.

Fair enough. I did get sidetracked by one "extremist". My comment was meant to be aimed at that one "extremist", and if it were taken otherwise by those not in the scope, then I apologized.

. . . perhaps YOU are being judged by the exact same method by which you are judging Christians . . . most Christians don't give a damn what you worship.

No. Pagans are judged far more harshly by "extremist"! I have no problem with another's religion or non-religion as long as they are not trying to force-fed it to those whom they deem "lost", "soiled", etc.

As for "most" Christians no caring what others believe - I completely disagree. Maybe that is true here. Maybe you have a incredibly special group of Christians here who truly don't care, but I was in the faith for most of my life and they CARED if "one little sheep" was lost". I remember how the Christian chest tighens at the mere mention of "Pagan", "Witch", "Atheist". I've seen it first hand.

Who has the highest percentage of extremists? There is no gaggle of Christians waiting to lynch pagans in every thread.

I think overall, Pagans are bashed more. It doesn't take a gaggle, only takes one "extremist".

The board and its rules will NOT however be changed to accomodate your religion anymore than I will to accomodate anyone else's religion, to include my own.

Did I miss something in the comment field, because I did not see one request for you to change anything for us.

If someone attacks you, let them have it back with both barrells. I would. All I ask is that you observe the rules when doing so.

That's a given. We have learn via trial-by-fire how to take care of ourselves and each other.

Now, if I broke a rule earlier, then I apologize, but please clarify which one was broken so I will not repeat the offense. Thank you.

BTW, the majority of my reply to you is in the quote field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rule of thumb here Girasol Preseli, don't dish it if you can't take it. Just no posting PM's over the open forums and try to stay on topic, you should be okay, and flaming is really only allowed in the Flame Zone, but sometimes shit happens, luckily all I see is the mods cleaning it up a bit and moving the threads to the appropriate places.

cool--glad we got that straightened out. :lol:

So . . . if neither of us are special, then what are we?

I vote for unique and extraordinary. What do you think? Does that work for you, too? ;)

Don't listen to the voices (they don't always know what they're talking about).

So . . . if neither of us are special, then what are we?

I vote for unique and extraordinary. What do you think? Does that work for you, too? ;)

Don't listen to the voices (they don't always know what they're talking about).

oh sure---we can all be unique.

(no voices here)

Rule of thumb here Girasol Preseli, don't dish it if you can't take it. Just no posting PM's over the open forums and try to stay on topic, you should be okay, and flaming is really only allowed in the Flame Zone, but sometimes shit happens, luckily all I see is the mods cleaning it up a bit and moving the threads to the appropriate places.

Believe me, I can take it. I sling back slower than most only because I really try to take my time and post from the heart not the temper.

I thought the religion forum was in the Flame Zone . . .

Edit field: ahhhh. I see what happened now - I was originally in the flame zone when I pulled up the entire list and saw this thread. My location mistake, but I still stand by my comments in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only post here or Flame Zone a lot because because my favorite topics have very few fans, Technology and Computers.

Understood. Well, I am always happy to see you and that darling typing kitten. It's time for me to head out. Have a good one.

Here you are incorrect. I personally do not find anything appealing in Christian blogs, threads, etc.; therefore, you will not find me in any.

Having been a Christian for the majority of my life, I now try to avoid all things "Christianity".

This response was tried on me before. I'm not incorrect at all. Rather, your POV has no context.

Here's something for you to ponder, in context:

Out of all the Christians on the board, we know who about 10 of them are, maybe. Maybe half or less of them are actual extremists.

But we ALL know who ALL the pagans are, and it isn't from asking. Don't come in here wearing your religion like a chip on your shoulder then cry foul when it presents itself as a target.

Or is playing the martyr inherent to paganism?

This response was tried on me before. I'm not incorrect at all. Rather, your POV has no context.

Here's something for you to ponder, in context:

Out of all the Christians on the board, we know who about 10 of them are, maybe. Maybe half or less of them are actual extremists.

But we ALL know who ALL the pagans are, and it isn't from asking. Don't come in here wearing your religion like a chip on your shoulder then cry foul when it presents itself as a target.

Or is playing the martyr inherent to paganism?

o hold up here gunny....no one came in her with a chip on their shoulder....i did this thread in the religion forum to find others like me....what is the problem with that. There are plenty of other relgious forums on here...so i saw reason not to look for others like me..

and no you dont know who all pagans are..that is just an uncalled for remark.
Why should we be a "target" when we declare our religion? Do you give this little lecture to christains? No one is playing anything here. I started this thread to find other like me...if that offends you....so be it. We have ever right to use the religious forum do we not?

If you do not wish us here..simply say so. It does not mean we will relocate but it does mean we will know where the admin of this board stands on religious freedoms and the right to express them...

and btw that
"response being tried on you before" you will find most pagans do not wish to upset anyone. Nor do we wish to go into christian religious sites to cause trouble. It is hardly the opinion of one but the opinion of most of us.

Well, I can see this is going to be a struggle, and for what? We are just trying to find others like ourselves, not a bunch of christian BS. I've never been a christian in my life, and boy, I sure made at least one really good decision in my life. It seems to me that all the christian types in here have the chips on their shoulders, AND too much time on their hands.

Forum List

Back