Calling all Pagans!

Based on antagonism? Those are the ones who need a job, then they wouldn't have time to spew BS in a place where some of us are just trying to see if there are any other Pagans around.

Define "debate." This is a political message board where people debate politics, religion, and just about anything else they can find to argue about.

I'd call that antagonism.

But the members here don't "need a job" because they like to discuss, argue and or otherwise voice their political opinions.

Based on your comment, it would seem it is your belief that once you arrived, it's all about you and everyone else should acquiesce to your desires. You want to look for pagans so everyone else should change their behavior to accomodate you.

Wrong.

As I stated in my first paragraph, this is a political message board. It is not a meeting place for lost pagans. If you find want you want here, fine. Everybody's happy.

But don't walk into Rome, wonder why everyone's speaking Roman, and demand everyone speak English solely to accomodate you.

True, but makes for a good laugh when my friends stop by, in real life that is.

LOL. Yeah. I know, but it never ceases to amaze me how easily thumpers could make diamonds!

If they all went into business together, their company slogan could be, "Screw DeBeers Diamonds! Wear DeThumpers Diamonds and prove to everyone that you are an asshole."

Thanks for the power-up. ;)

Nope, none of the pagan holidays are celebrated on a national level. The closest is this 'Halloween' but that's not pagan. Although I think 'Thanksgiving' is a little like a pagan holiday.

Who cares about the National level? My birthday is Dec 21st and you can rest assured there's a celebration the folks down at the church would definitely call pagan!:beer:

Define "debate."

Debate

1 obsolete : fight , contend; 2 a: to contend in words b: to discuss a question by considering opposed arguments; 3: to participate in a debate; 1 a: to argue about <the subject was hotly debated> b: to engage (an opponent) in debate; 2: to turn over in one's mind <he's still debating what to do>

Bash
1: to strike violently : hit ; also : to injure or damage by striking : smash —often used with in
2: to attack physically or verbally <media bashing> <celebrity bashing>
intransitive verb

When it comes to Paganism, there is little to no "debate" between hardcore Christians and Pagans. Hardcore Christians profusely bash us out of fear - do you truly expect us to sit back and take it?

I assure that my sister nor I are walking in Rome speaking Japanese.

Define "debate."

Debate

1 obsolete : fight , contend; 2 a: to contend in words b: to discuss a question by considering opposed arguments; 3: to participate in a debate; 1 a: to argue about <the subject was hotly debated> b: to engage (an opponent) in debate; 2: to turn over in one's mind <he's still debating what to do>

Bash
1: to strike violently : hit ; also : to injure or damage by striking : smash —often used with in
2: to attack physically or verbally <media bashing> <celebrity bashing>
intransitive verb

When it comes to Paganism, there is little to no "debate" between hardcore Christians and Pagans. Hardcore Christians profusely bash us out of fear - do you truly expect us to sit back and take it?

I assure that my sister nor I are walking in Rome speaking Japanese.

You want to go back through the thread and read up before you project an assumed opinion on me? I didn't tell you nor anyone else to "take" anything.

However, if you WERE to read the thread, you might find that I dispelled the fearmongering rumor you seem eager to take up. Up to the point of my post several pages back, it was determined that 1 Christian extremist attacked pagans. 4 anti-religious people who attack Christians as well attacked pagans. Yet the crying of foul was aimed at Christians.

If you're going to talk shit, educate yourself on it first. As I previously stated, perhaps YOU are being judged by the exact same method by which you are judging Christians.

Fact is, most Christians don't give a damn what you worship. There are a couple of thousand members on this board. At least a hundred regulars at this time. 80+% of Americans are Christian, last I heard.

So, taking that number in abstract, that would mean ONE Christian extremist out of approx 80 Christians attacked pagans.

I can also say that ONE pagan amongst you has taken every opportunity to bash Christians in threads totally unrelated to religion. There are 5-6 of you.

Who has the highest percentage of extremists?

In perspective, it hardly supports the fearmongering. There is no gaggle of Christians waiting to lynch pagans in every thread.

I have no problem with y'all being here if this is where you want to be. The board and its rules will NOT however be changed to accomodate your religion anymore than I will to accomodate anyone else's religion, to include my own.

If someone attacks you, let them have it back with both barrells. I would. All I ask is that you observe the rules when doing so.

And if a Christian thread were started for the same purpose I would wager all you would find is a bunch of smartass comments from nonchristians. And a lot of ignorance.

Here you are incorrect. I personally do not find anything appealing in Christian blogs, threads, etc.; therefore, you will not find me in any.

Having been a Christian for the majority of my life, I now try to avoid all things "Christianity".

Here you are incorrect. I personally do not find anything appealing in Christian blogs, threads, etc.; therefore, you will not find me in any.

Having been a Christian for the majority of my life, I now try to avoid all things "Christianity".

He may be incorrect about you personally but he's right on about what would happen to a Christian thread here.

Who said anything about trouble?

As a Christian, I would like to address the Christians who supposedly treated him so terribly. I requested a link and he said no. No big deal. I actually got the end result that I assumed I would get. :D

Hopefully next time people won't introduced themselves as having been the victim of Christians if they can't back it up.

I can assure you that what Bean said to be the truth. Harcore bashing took place, and still does daily, against everyone nonchristian.

I am an atheist and I always have been. When that aspect of who and what I am is pulled into a conversation the response is almost always the same. More often than not I get a shocked looked followed by either nervous idle silence or by a nervous shift of topic to something more palatable to the person engaging in the conversation. Atheism is generally viewed by the ignorant as a strange cult or something to that effect. In modern America it is almost as bad if not as bad as saying that you have committed a violent felony. I have actually had a &#8220;friend&#8221; recently stop sending her child over to our home to play with my son. She has turned away. My being an atheist has frightened her so badly that she will not even discuss it. It is such ignorance that allows the &#8220;informed&#8221; to pass judgment onto them and that which they do not understand. Some are fascinated by my being freely and openly atheist. I am not waving and atheist flag and I don&#8217;t sport an atheist symbol. It does not define me. It is simply a part of the collective that makes me what and who I am. Them that are fascinated by it are fascinated because of my take on death. I have morals and values. I love and I care. I am a family and home based person living in a small Ohio town. I am slightly eccentric but mostly I am just like most everyone else in my community except for the fact that I am an atheist. Here in North West Ohio conservatism and religion go hand in hand and they are the rule rather than the acceptation. Politically I am a moderate concretive centrist. This is the sometimes rice paper thin bond that hold myself and that type together long enough to get past the atheist issue so that we can become friends on a deeper level.

I am not without imagination and I do test the pools of hypotheses and theories with occasional toe dips but I swim freely and happily in the ocean of facts. Wanting to explain the realities of life and the processes of nature through rather simplified explanations as put forth by cults and religions is tempting to them that fear the unknown but to them that do not fear the unknown the universe of exploration and questioning is wide open and ready to be explored. Now, don&#8217;t get me wrong. I am not saying that your typical religion or cult is being addressed here. I am also referring to the rather recent cults and religions that have roots firmly planted in science. Without going into great detail I&#8217;ll just sum it up by saying that the Discovery Channel has slowly become a cult that pretends to be science based. That&#8217;s a pop culture reference and I used it here as a quick example. On that channel there are so many &#8220;theoretically&#8221; based programs that are more science fiction and less science that it is retarding its viewers and making then into ignorant followers of this strange new cult. Just look at the cult of Star Trek. That is some damn creepy stuff and it has spawned a few creepy cults and &#8220;religions&#8221; along the way.

Religions and cults in general are a cancer within humanity as a whole and if allowed to go unchecked it will consume and destroy all of humanity. The controversial Drake Equitation comes to mind here. A species that can not survive first its primitive belief structures and superstitions and then its rise to technological dominance will surly die out thus leaving them lost to the cold vastness of space and time. Before we can survive our technological advancements we must first step out of out primitive past. We must shed the cults and religions that are weighing us down so that we can focus clearly on the next few steps in our evolution as a potentially universal species. Religions and cults serve only to comfort them that fear the unknown. The biggest unknown is death and this fear of death ahs been and still is the fuel that drives the machines that are religions and cults. If one were to remove the fear of death from humanities conciseness one would then free humanity of its biggest evolutionary roadblock.

In closing I would like to say that my take on death is as follows. It is as normal and as much a part of the living process as being born. I believe that we die we are finished. That is the end. I don&#8217;t need to fear death to be a good person with morals and a good heart. I don&#8217;t need to turn to a &#8220;higher power&#8221; or &#8220;higher powers&#8221; to find guidance and comfort. Humanity has left records of its good deeds and of its bad deeds and one need only look at those records to see what becomes of the bad and of what becomes of the good. Sure, sometimes the bad wins while the good looses but more often than not the good comes through with shimmering pride and with a power that burns their memory into the human consciousness. Death is the great equalizer and in the end both &#8220;sinner&#8221; and &#8220;saint&#8221; must give way to the natural processes of nature. I am seriously considering writing a multi topic book and if I do this subject will most defiantly be expounded on. My current grammar isn&#8217;t quite what I want it to be but that will not stop me from expressing myself. My goal is to share my opinion and not to force myself and my beliefs onto others. My life motto is and always has been as follows. Life is short. Live to love.

you should think it over and decide if you want to mess with someone with my obvious connections to the Almighty.
:eusa_whistle:

edit- oh, and you're welcome..

Personally, I have just gotten chills.:bowdown:

Forum List

Back