Can a man live a Bohemian lifestyle while still pursuing money?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
How many want to win the lottery to just leave the rat race?

Outside of winning the lottery, can one still be in the race while trying to live a Bohemian existence?

What say you?

The Bohemian lifestyle doesn't reject accumulating wealth, just the conventional ways of living and making a living. I have prospered greatly by breaking all the conventional rules.

Maybe the term is common in Canada but you have to define it for us here in the States. Does Bohemian translate to living in a cardboard box on the street or being on the government dole?

No. I'm not sure how to describe it. More of being a Renaissance Man who enjoys cultural exchanges and the simplicity of life but pursuing the complexity of humanity and our artistic creations.

That's the best I can come up with at the moment.

Think of the "Worlds Most Interesting Man" but without the suit I guess.

Last edited:
The Bohemian lifestyle doesn't reject accumulating wealth, just the conventional ways of living and making a living. I have prospered greatly by breaking all the conventional rules.
I have a story- an elder woman with wisdom said to me- Cyndi- God is going to be mad at me. I said why?
Because he gave me talents and I never used them. That wisdom sunk SO deep- The next day I walked off my job. She said it too me for a reason.

Not that I am religious at all. But I realized I wasting my talents.

How did it work out. well- financially- good and bad- times were great- times were bad.

But the FUN I had - chasing a buck- and the wonderful people I met along the way---Could Never be replaced.
I look back at my life- and if I could do it all over again- I wouldnt change a thing. :) my dog is named Woody- by the way. LOL

I have a story- an elder woman with wisdom said to me- Cyndi- God is going to be mad at me. I said why?
Because he gave me talents and I never used them. That wisdom sunk SO deep- The next day I walked off my job. She said it too me for a reason.

Not that I am religious at all. But I realized I wasting my talents.

How did it work out. well- financially- good and bad- times were great- times were bad.

But the FUN I had - chasing a buck- and the wonderful people I met along the way---Could Never be replaced.
I look back at my life- and if I could do it all over again- I wouldnt change a thing. :) my dog is named Woody- by the way. LOL
Thanks. It took me awhile to find my real talent. After chasing the buck, and failing, I decided to let it come to me. Worked out great.

Thanks. It took me awhile to find my real talent. After chasing the buck, and failing, I decided to let it come to me. Worked out great.
what did you do? do you dare say? are you artistic- do you play with wood?

Last edited:
what did you do? do you dare say? are you artistic- do you play with wood?
I do maintenance work for a private residential rental company. I do play with wood in my woodshop, mostly cabinet making for the building and for my family. The variety of tasks suits me, among other things. I'm very creative but not artistic in the least. I'm great at building walls, but painting pictures to hang on them not so much.

I do maintenance work for a private residential rental company. I do play with wood in my woodshop, mostly cabinet making for the building and for my family. The variety of tasks suits me, among other things. I'm no artistic in the least. I'm great at building walls, but painting pictures to hang on it not so much.
The men bought me a ban saw- to play with wood creations- They watch-me-- I'm scared- I will cut my fingers off!!! I make wild doll houses? LOL I luv the smell of the wood burning thru my fingers- the blade ?

Last edited:
The men bought me a ban saw- to play with wood creations- They watch-me-- I'm scared- I will cut my fingers off!!! I make wild doll houses? LOL I luv the smell of the wood burning thru my fingers- the blade ?
Band saws are dangerous. Add extra light to improve safety.

Band saws are dangerous. Add extra light to improve safety.
the blade always comes off- spend an hour monkeying with it- to get it back on.
when nasty father died- I was stuck with HIS cellar- of tools- i gave away lathes- metal- wood- planers-- all i ever needed - maybe was a 5/8 wrench?
oh and not forget the big skill saw? cut your arm off.

Forum List

Back