Can a mortal tell another--you are saved?

Matt 7:21-23----- these believe in Jesus, will call on his name--they believe in grace and faith and salvation----- They loved Jesus so much they did powerful works in his name, expelled demons, etc---

2 problems got in the way of all of that---1) they did not live to do Gods will now--2) they practiced sin.

Its a guarantee some teacher of darkness told them they were saved and the believed they were saved---it wasn't truth.

Romans 3:9 ¶ What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Romans 3:9 says you aren't better than them so where does that leave you in your teaching? You practice sin. There is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Matt 7:21-23----- these believe in Jesus, will call on his name--they believe in grace and faith and salvation----- They loved Jesus so much they did powerful works in his name, expelled demons, etc---

2 problems got in the way of all of that---1) they did not live to do Gods will now--2) they practiced sin.

Its a guarantee some teacher of darkness told them they were saved and the believed they were saved---it wasn't truth.

Romans 3:9 ¶ What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Romans 3:9 says you aren't better than them so where does that leave you in your teaching? You practice sin. There is none that doeth good, no, not one.

None are righteous because all sin--some practice gross sin--while others do not do any of the gross sins ( 1 cor 6:9-11, gal 5:19-21)listed but slip with small things.

Yes, any mortal can tell or say anything to anyone. I see people telling other people they are saved and going to hell all the time.

Except you didn't bother to read what I posted.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Mortal men did tell others if they had eternal life or not:

John 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

What you were saying is that mortal men cannot say if they or others have eternal life or not. You are appealing to the Bible while denying the Bible. You don't bother to read.

These believe on the name of the son of God--it didn't do them any good-Matt 7:21-23---Jesus did sum up the bottom line of what it takes in 21-- Those that do the will of my Father in heaven, will enter his kingdom.
Paul taught Jesus sacrifice doesn't count for a worker of iniquity( lawlessness) = a practicer of sin. Hebrews 10:26)

Except you said that mortal man cannot tell me if I have eternal life or not and the two verses I quoted say I can. You lied. Plain and simple. They do say I can know. They say that mortal man can tell me. You lied and you go off to additional verses instead of addressing what I said.

Gods word warns all--beware if you think you are standing strong. Do you know why? Because Gods word teaches-- the heart is treacherous and desperate-who can know it?
A heart in that condition can easily reason falsely.
Solomon fell to false god worship. There is a whole bible filled with teachings of what is acceptable and what is not. At Matt 7:21-23--Jesus makes it clear--if one is a worker of iniquity( lawlessness)= a practicer of sin.--he never even knew that one.
An example--Joel Osteen stands in front of 10,000 people give or take maybe a million tv viewers--- at the end of his show he says--if you say these 3 lines of prayer with me you are born again( saved) --- yet he doesn't know an iota of them--many are practicers of sin who now believe they are saved--but its not truth. Makes him a teacher of darkness. He is costing all of those their chance to enter Gods kingdom. By not teaching truth.

Forum List

Back