🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Can a nation be “systemically racist” and elect a black president twice?

I note not a single person in this thread has shown anything remotely close to "systemic racism".

Uncle Ben's Rice is an example of systemic racism. The rice is white but they have a black guy on the box. Think about it.
^Orange cult logic, folks.
Describes you triggered drama queens perfectly.
You voted for Former President Obama twice, right?
I don't vote for leftists.
So, you are a racist by the logic of your OP. I guess YOUR America still had systematic racism.
Everyone who didn't vote for Obama is a racist according to your logic. We were lectured by Democrats for 8 years that anyone who disagrees with Obama is racist.

So why was the "Beer Summit" funny?

Did I say the beer summit was funny? TanSuitGate was funny.
The beer summit was the beer summit.
Not a horrible idea.

06-30-beer-summit.gif
Yes, you inserted a laughing icon. The Beer Summit was pure race hustling. You know that. What the hell is a President involving himself in such a trivial matter for? Go ahead. Explain it to us.
So...that's what has your panties in a bunch? That the President involved himself in what you call a "trivial matter"? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
It was a trivial matter. People get arrested every day for trespassing and breaking and entering. Go ahead and tell us why the President of the United States made a big deal out of this arrest. Go ahead.

Not a horrible idea.
Yes, you inserted a laughing icon. The Beer Summit was pure race hustling. You know that. What the hell is a President involving himself in such a trivial matter for? Go ahead. Explain it to us.

The smiley was for TanSuitGate dummy. Henry Louis Gates Jr was a Harvard Grad. Obama is a Harvard Grad. He weighed in on what was obviously a wrongful arrest. DEFINITELY racial profiling by the cop. And your team went NUTS.

On July 16, 2009, Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. was arrested at his Cambridge, Massachusetts home by local police officer Sgt. James Crowley, who was responding to a 911 caller's report of men breaking and entering the residence. The arrest initiated a series of events that unfolded under the spotlight of the international news media.

The arrest occurred just after Gates returned home to Cambridge after a trip to China to research the ancestry of Yo-Yo Ma for Faces of America.[2] Gates found the front door to his home jammed shut and, with the help of his driver, tried to force it open. A local witness reported their activity to the police as a potential burglary in progress. Accounts regarding the ensuing confrontation differ, but Gates was arrested by the responding officer, Cambridge Police Sgt. James Crowley, and charged with disorderly conduct. On July 21, the charges against Gates were dropped. The arrest generated a national debate about whether or not it represented an example of racial profiling by police.

On July 22, President Barack Obama said about the incident, "I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home, and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately." Law enforcement organizations and members objected to Obama's comments and criticized his handling of the issue. In the aftermath, Obama stated that he regretted his comments and hoped that the situation could become a "teachable moment".[3]

On July 24, Obama invited both parties to the White House to discuss the issue over a beer, and on July 30, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden joined Crowley and Gates in a private, cordial meeting in a courtyard near the White House Rose Garden; this became known colloquially as the "Beer Summit". Years later, in his memoir A Promised Land, Obama wrote that according to the White House's polling, the incident caused a larger drop in white support for his presidency than any other single event.
[4]
So why would the President of the United States involve himself in such a trivial matter?

I note not a single person in this thread has shown anything remotely close to "systemic racism".

Uncle Ben's Rice is an example of systemic racism. The rice is white but they have a black guy on the box. Think about it.
^Orange cult logic, folks.
Describes you triggered drama queens perfectly.
You voted for Former President Obama twice, right?
I don't vote for leftists.
So, you are a racist by the logic of your OP. I guess YOUR America still had systematic racism.
Everyone who didn't vote for Obama is a racist according to your logic. We were lectured by Democrats for 8 years that anyone who disagrees with Obama is racist.
No...based on YOUR logic from your OP....YOU are the one setting up the argument that if this country elected a black President it can't be racist. That is the SAME logic that anyone who didn't vote for a black President IS a racist. It's on you, sweetie.

Not a horrible idea.

The smiley was for TanSuitGate dummy. Henry Louis Gates Jr was a Harvard Grad. Obama is a Harvard Grad. He weighed in on what was obviously a wrongful arrest. DEFINITELY racial profiling by the cop. And your team went NUTS.

On July 16, 2009, Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. was arrested at his Cambridge, Massachusetts home by local police officer Sgt. James Crowley, who was responding to a 911 caller's report of men breaking and entering the residence. The arrest initiated a series of events that unfolded under the spotlight of the international news media.

The arrest occurred just after Gates returned home to Cambridge after a trip to China to research the ancestry of Yo-Yo Ma for Faces of America.[2] Gates found the front door to his home jammed shut and, with the help of his driver, tried to force it open. A local witness reported their activity to the police as a potential burglary in progress. Accounts regarding the ensuing confrontation differ, but Gates was arrested by the responding officer, Cambridge Police Sgt. James Crowley, and charged with disorderly conduct. On July 21, the charges against Gates were dropped. The arrest generated a national debate about whether or not it represented an example of racial profiling by police.

On July 22, President Barack Obama said about the incident, "I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home, and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately." Law enforcement organizations and members objected to Obama's comments and criticized his handling of the issue. In the aftermath, Obama stated that he regretted his comments and hoped that the situation could become a "teachable moment".[3]

On July 24, Obama invited both parties to the White House to discuss the issue over a beer, and on July 30, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden joined Crowley and Gates in a private, cordial meeting in a courtyard near the White House Rose Garden; this became known colloquially as the "Beer Summit". Years later, in his memoir A Promised Land, Obama wrote that according to the White House's polling, the incident caused a larger drop in white support for his presidency than any other single event.
[4]
So why would the President of the United States involve himself in such a trivial matter?
Why not?...What exactly has your panties in a wad over it? That YOU weren't invited?

Not a horrible idea.

[4]
Why not?...What exactly has your panties in a wad over it? That YOU weren't invited?
Tell us why. Go ahead.

Not a horrible idea.

[4]

I just told you - Apparently you weren't paying attention.

Not a horrible idea.

[4]

I just told you - Apparently you weren't paying attention.
Weak cocksucker.

Forum List

Back