Can any con/repub give me good reason why the rich should not be taxed MORE?

More blah blah blah.

It's simple math douchebag. tax revenue - spending = (deficit)/surplus

There are two variables on the left hand side that both affect the result on the right.

Jesus fucking Christ man!

Blah blah blibiddy blah. The idea that spending outstripping taxes is a good reason to keep taxes where they are is logically fucking retarded. It really is as simple as that.

Being bad for the economy is at least a reasonable and logical argument, as has been articulated already. I happen to disagree in this case, but at least it makes logical sense.

But again, to say that the fact our government spends more than it collects is a good reason to not collect more is mind-bogglingly imbecilic.

Not at all. Government spending has been off of the Reservation for far too long. Government Manipulation is too far out of control. We need to change course. Stop with the excuses for bad behavior.

More blah blah blah.

There are two variables on the left hand side that both affect the result on the right.

Nope. Increased Revenue = More Spending and bigger Benefits and Salaries for Government Administrators, at our expense. The New Ruling, Privileged Class is the Government worker. You want to cut something, how about cutting Vacation time down to 2 Weeks. :)

Blah blah blibiddy blah. The idea that spending outstripping taxes is a good reason to keep taxes where they are is logically fucking retarded. It really is as simple as that.

Being bad for the economy is at least a reasonable and logical argument, as has been articulated already. I happen to disagree in this case, but at least it makes logical sense.

But again, to say that the fact our government spends more than it collects is a good reason to not collect more is mind-bogglingly imbecilic.

Government spending has been off of the Reservation for far too long. Government Manipulation is too far out of control. We need to change course. Stop with the excuses for bad behavior.

Again, arguing that it's a move in the wrong direction is a valid, logical argument. i simply disagree. I believe that the best way to balance the budget is to increase the highest marginal income tax rate from 35% to 39% and make up the rest with spending cuts. It seems like a reasonable compromise to me and would greatly reduce the current uncertainly plaguing the market. Nothing is more detrimental to investment and economic growth than uncertainty.

Let me put this in terms that even you can understand, Manifold...

If you had bucket with huge, gaping holes in it...holes that every time you poured water in...let the water run out so quickly that you could never get the bucket full...what would you do? Keep filling the bucket with more and more water...or fix the gaping holes?

The bucket is our economy...the gaping holes are our spending and the water is our tax dollars. So do you REALLY want to continue to pour more and more water into that bucket?

Government spending has been off of the Reservation for far too long. Government Manipulation is too far out of control. We need to change course. Stop with the excuses for bad behavior.

Again, arguing that it's a move in the wrong direction is a valid, logical argument. i simply disagree. I believe that the best way to balance the budget is to increase the highest marginal income tax rate from 35% to 39% and make up the rest with spending cuts. It seems like a reasonable compromise to me and would greatly reduce the current uncertainly plaguing the market. Nothing is more detrimental to investment and economic growth than uncertainty.

We are already way past not getting what we pay for. The Government needs a tough love approach. The Government is not Santa Claus. That's the point. No matter how much you bank roll government, as things stand, you have no control over Government Policy or spending. The Bigger Government gets, the deeper the hole. Look at what the ACORN Affiliates do with Government Money Grants. The more they do, the bigger the deficit.

You can soapbox all you want about needing change that's never going to happen. Or you can be a pragmatist about it. I choose the latter.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

More blah blah blah.

An easy excuse for a tax and spend liberal. Grow a set and answer my question you chicken shit weasel. Do you give a crack head more crack expecting to control his crack habit?

This is not as simple as math. It has more variables than that and you know it. Stop being intentionally obtuse.

Last edited:
It has been an issue since the 1970's that productivity in the lower and middle class jobs have risen, but wages have remained flat. In other words, the "rich" are not earning all of the money that they make.

If those at the top of the income distribution receive far more than the value of what they create, and those at lower income levels receive less, then one way to correct this is to increase taxes at the upper end of the income distribution and use the proceeds to protect important social programs that benefit working-class households, programs that are currently threatened by budget deficits.

This would help to rectify the maldistribution of income that is preventing workers from realizing their share of the gains from economic growth.

In what way does this not make any sense?

And don't get it twisted. I have nothing against the wealthy. I think these hard-working individuals deserve to be well paid for what they do, but not nearly to this extent.

Fucking lefties cannot imagine a universe outside their own subjective views.

You can soapbox all you want about needing change that's never going to happen. Or you can be a pragmatist about it. I choose the latter.

You've lost me when you say you're being pragmatic about something that makes no sense. Our spending is unsustainable yet we aren't making cuts...why?

You're 'pragmatism' will make the problem worse, not better.

If you had bucket with huge, gaping holes in it...holes that every time you poured water in...let the water run out so quickly that you could never get the bucket full...what would you do? Keep filling the bucket with more and more water...or fix the gaping holes?

The bucket is our economy...the gaping holes are our spending and the water is our tax dollars. So do you REALLY want to continue to pour more and more water into that bucket?
If the goal is a bucket full of water, you do both. Patch the holes and then put in more water.

If the goal is a bucket full of water, you do both. Patch the holes and then put in more water.

But do you patch while still filling water??

No

You empty the water.. patch.. then don't overfill it or don't promise 2 buckets full to people when only 1 bucket full is filled per day

No

You empty the water.. patch.. then don't overfill it or don't promise 2 buckets full to people when only 1 bucket full is filled per day
The bucket is empty, in large part because of the Bush tax cuts. Time to patch the holes and turn the water back on by expiring the tax cuts.

:thup:

The bucket is empty, in large part because of the Bush tax cuts. Time to patch the holes and turn the water back on by expiring the tax cuts.

Once you fix the holes, the bucket will fill with what is out there already.

Do we have find a 102nd way to say:

Cut Spending First.....

Then we will talk about revenue

????

No

You patch the holes, and you make sure you do not promise to hand out more water while you patch the holes... AKA you cut the spending to reasonable levels by getting shit out of the fed that it was never intended to do...

Time to also not divert the small trickles of water that can also be used to fill the bucket... not leaving out 50% of the source

No

You patch the holes, and you make sure you do not promise to hand out more water while you patch the holes... AKA you cut the spending to reasonable levels by getting shit out of the fed that it was never intended to do...

Time to also not divert the small trickles of water that can also be used to fill the bucket... not leaving out 50% of the source
The good news is that we're pulling out of Iraq, which will save a lot of money.

:)

Forum List

Back