Can Any Dem/lib Tell Us What Agency The Govt Has Run Efficiently?

The public sector pension is "efficient" only at looting the taxpayers.
so if you worked 30 years at a place you would turn yours down?.....just askin....

Public sector pensions are the result of a criminal conspiracy between unions and politicians. Yeah, I don't know any bank robber who would voluntarily turn over the swag. That doesn't alter the fact that it's ill gotten loot.
so someone who takes a Govt job to feed his family is now a crook?....

Government is a criminal enterprise. I've said that many times. Yeah, if you work for the government, you're engaged in a criminal enterprise.

And yet you're the same guy who somewhere else today was bitching about monopolies, which cannot be controlled without government intervention.

The government creates monopolies. It doesn't "control" them.

You think the private sector is more efficient than the government? Well, this coming winter, YOU go out and shovel the snow off the road in front of your house...

...and hope all of your neighbors do the same, in case you plan on going anywhere.

How does that prove government is efficient?

Liberals don't get it. They think because some level of govt shovels their snow or picks up their garbage that means it is being done efficiently. Unless there is a profit motive, no task will ever be done efficiently.

We have private garbage collection, in parts of the city they have city garbage collection. ours is cheaper, always on time, and the contractor is making money.

Dollar for dollar, America offers the most effective and efficient government on the planet, doing so for about 20 cents on the dollar nationally, 28 cents if you include state and local taxes.

The OP is parroting a talking point. If he isn't maybe he can prove the above WRONG and/or name another country that can match or best those figures.

And what exactly to do we get for that money? Spending 28% of what people earn is not really an admirable objective.
We get the World Police military, that can be sent everywhere around the world as pawns, to stop the injustices being done by others... wonderful.... :(

so if you worked 30 years at a place you would turn yours down?.....just askin....

Public sector pensions are the result of a criminal conspiracy between unions and politicians. Yeah, I don't know any bank robber who would voluntarily turn over the swag. That doesn't alter the fact that it's ill gotten loot.

Government is a criminal enterprise. I've said that many times. Yeah, if you work for the government, you're engaged in a criminal enterprise.

And yet you're the same guy who somewhere else today was bitching about monopolies, which cannot be controlled without government intervention.

Damn......you just post anything that pops in your head

Maybe, but he is correct in that statement. Notice how many US air carriers there are today vs 20 years ago? Phone companies? Car companies? ISP's?

Maybe, but he is correct in that statement. Notice how many US air carriers there are today vs 20 years ago? Phone companies? Car companies? ISP's?
But wasn't it DEREGULATION over the years that has caused the too big to Fail monopolies or duopolies etc...that allowed them to merge and spread out?

You think the private sector is more efficient than the government? Well, this coming winter, YOU go out and shovel the snow off the road in front of your house...

...and hope all of your neighbors do the same, in case you plan on going anywhere.

Liberals don't get it. They think because some level of govt shovels their snow or picks up their garbage that means it is being done efficiently. Unless there is a profit motive, no task will ever be done efficiently.

We have private garbage collection, in parts of the city they have city garbage collection. ours is cheaper, always on time, and the contractor is making money.
here in Anaheim they contract out the service.....doesnt seem to be any better....or cheaper.....they come by pick up the shit and leave...just like when the city did it....

here in Anaheim they contract out the service.....doesnt seem to be any better....or cheaper.....they come by pick up the shit and leave...just like when the city did it....

A lot of services being contracted out in Orange County. Many cities use private contractor for processing payment of traffic/parking tickets. Fewer civil service workers, fewer pensions and benefits. Spirit of Reagan and Thatcher marches on. I don't know about California but some states, the service can go after non payers, even have them jailed. A person of few means can get a ticket, can't pay for example. The fines accelerate greatly. Poor guy or gal gets jailed. With an arrest record, harder to find employment. Slowly we're heading back to the good old days.

Unless there is a profit motive, no task will ever be done efficiently

Really? Then why do I get better deals from my credit union and electric co-op, as opposed to their for-profit counterparts?

I get two pensions. One public sector, one private sector. They are both awesomely efficient.

Excuse me?

He's either trolling or mentally retarded

So if Dish merged with Directv and became a satellite tv monopoly, that's the government's creation?

I get two pensions. One public sector, one private sector. They are both awesomely efficient.

Excuse me?

He's either trolling or mentally retarded

So if Dish merged with Directv and became a satellite tv monopoly, that's the government's creation?

Your local cable monopoly is a government creation. So is the power company, gas, water and sewage, taxis, hospitals, etc., etc., etc.. These are all government enforced monopolies. The government prevents competitors from entering these fields. These are the only kind of monopolies there are. So-called "natural monopolies" are a liberal myth.

Unless there is a profit motive, no task will ever be done efficiently

Really? Then why do I get better deals from my credit union and electric co-op, as opposed to their for-profit counterparts?

The government prevents other for-profit operations from competing with your electric co-op, so how do you know you are getting a better deal?

I wouldn't claim that for-profit is always better than not-for-profit, but competition is always better than a government run operation or a government enforced monopoly. Co-ops still have to compete with profit making businesses, that is, they do if the government hasn't made it illegal to compete with them.

A lot of services being contracted out in Orange County. Many cities use private contractor for processing payment of traffic/parking tickets. Fewer civil service workers, fewer pensions and benefits. Spirit of Reagan and Thatcher marches on. I don't know about California but some states, the service can go after non payers, even have them jailed. A person of few means can get a ticket, can't pay for example. The fines accelerate greatly. Poor guy or gal gets jailed. With an arrest record, harder to find employment. Slowly we're heading back to the good old days.

You don't get arrested for not paying parking tickets or debts. A traffic ticket is a misdemeanor offence. The penalties are imposed by the government. A private company cannot put you in jail. Yet, somehow, you find a way to blame the private corporation.

Government contracting out a service is not the same as having companies compete on the market to provide that service. That being said, I've never heard of private companies doing a worse job than government run operations. Anecdotes are proof of exactly nothing.

But wasn't it DEREGULATION over the years that has caused the too big to Fail monopolies or duopolies etc...that allowed them to merge and spread out?

No. "Too big to fail" means the politicians are in the pockets of corporate lobbyists.

You mean, like, the simple truth?

Those private for profit colleges have done a wonderful job. Same with prisons.

If liberals possessed the capability to commit logic, they wouldn't be liberals.

Forum List

Back