Can Any Dem/lib Tell Us What Agency The Govt Has Run Efficiently?

Would you rather have GM, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Walmart, Koch Industries, Halliburton, or Bank of America running the government? Just imagine if such companies were left 100% to police themselves. They get away with too much as it is.

GM, GE, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Halliburton, and Bank of America are already running the government. As soon as Walmart is SEIU unionized, they will be running it to.

Where do you think the DNC gets it's funding anyway?

Would you rather have GM, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Walmart, Koch Industries, Halliburton, or Bank of America running the government? Just imagine if such companies were left 100% to police themselves. They get away with too much as it is.

GM, GE, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Halliburton, and Bank of America are already running the government. As soon as Walmart is SEIU unionized, they will be running it to.

Funny. You NaziCons have no problem with corporate funding - but OH MY GOD when unions fund Democrats. That should tell you who is doing more for working men and women.

Why do I still receive so much junk mail in my regular USPS snail mail? Why don't all those companies choose to send EVERYTHING via email? Hint: It's because email has not replaced USPS.
So you think the taxpayer should subsidize private-sector advertising?

You're a very confused person.

No, retard, I appreciate advertisers buying stamps and subsidizing USPS.

Funny. You NaziCons have no problem with corporate funding - but OH MY GOD when unions fund Democrats. That should tell you who is doing more for working men and women.
You're the one who wants to subsidize direct mail advertising with the USPS. You and Camp are some of most confused posters on this site. I'm giving JoeB a pass because of psychological issues.

I'm 78. I've been using the Postal Service all my life and it's performed flawlessly.

Also, Social Security has been performing flawlessly for 77 years.

And Medicare has been working quite nicely for me and many others.
I'm 58. I've been using email for the last 20 years. It's worked flawlessly and I haven't had to wait days for delivery. Oh yeah, I've never had to buy a stamp.

How many crooked corporations are involved in your email system? Comparing USPS to email is comparing apples to oranges. Email does not PHYSICALLY deliver - it ELECTRONICALLY delivers. I like USPS for what it does and I like email for what it does.
So does Fed-Ex, DHL and numerous other companies, far more efficiently too. WTF are you, a progressive dinosaure?
Pure deflection and escape from your lost argument. We are discussing a letter that currently cost forty nine cents for a stamp for mailing. None of those companies you mention will do the same thing for the same price.
So, we need to keep a white elephant alive so paranoid people can save a few cents to send letters?

Camp, honestly, do you think before posting drivel? Sorry, that's really not a question I suppose.
So if a person doesn't want to have, or need the net, you are suggesting that they must have it and pay for it and support the companies that own and control it by subscribing to the net. You want to take away our freedom not to be connected to the electronic communications and recording process's that we decide as individuals not to be a part of. Tough crap for the folks who only need to pay a few bills every month for a cost of forty nine cents each. You want to force people to give that up and buy a computer, learn to use it and pay for it's connection to the net.

Where did I say that unions funding democrats was bad?. It was a post about the state of current affairs which contradicted your post. Corporations fund democrats. Particularly the banks. Stay focused Lakhota, and argue the point.

Last edited:
I'm 58. I've been using email for the last 20 years. It's worked flawlessly and I haven't had to wait days for delivery. Oh yeah, I've never had to buy a stamp.

How many crooked corporations are involved in your email system? Comparing USPS to email is comparing apples to oranges. Email does not PHYSICALLY deliver - it ELECTRONICALLY delivers. I like USPS for what it does and I like email for what it does.
So does Fed-Ex, DHL and numerous other companies, far more efficiently too. WTF are you, a progressive dinosaure?
Pure deflection and escape from your lost argument. We are discussing a letter that currently cost forty nine cents for a stamp for mailing. None of those companies you mention will do the same thing for the same price.
So, we need to keep a white elephant alive so paranoid people can save a few cents to send letters?

Camp, honestly, do you think before posting drivel? Sorry, that's really not a question I suppose.
So if a person doesn't want to have, or need the net, you are suggesting that they must have it and pay for it and support the companies that own and control it by subscribing to the net. You want to take away our freedom not to be connected to the electronic communications and recording process's that we decide as individuals not to be a part of. Tough crap for the folks who only need to pay a few bills every month for a cost of forty nine cents each. You want to force people to give that up and buy a computer, learn to use it and pay for it's connection to the net.
Spoken like a true "progressive" dinosaur. USPS will be phased out. It will be bipartisan and inevitable. Grow up. It is a service that has already outlived in usefulness and championed by those who who cannot stand to see government downsized.

Spoken like a true "progressive" dinosaur. USPS will be phased out. It will be bipartisan and inevitable. Grow up. It is a service that has already outlived in usefulness and championed by those who who cannot stand to see government downsized.
Only if the corporate tools and anti freedom people like you are able to put freedoms on the table as items for sale to the highest bidders.

Has anyone ever received a package via email? My mailman delivers many small packages via the U.S. Postal Service - and I really like that.

Social Security is also very efficient - and my checks are electronically direct deposited to my bank each month - and I really like that.

Only if the corporate tools and anti freedom people like you are able to put freedoms on the table as items for sale to the highest bidders.
Give it up Camp. You just keep coming across like a fool.

Has anyone ever received a package via email? My mailman delivers many small packages via the U.S. Postal Service - and I really like that.

Social Security is also very efficient - and my checks are electronically direct deposited to my bank each month - and I really like that.
Packages I prefer to get FedEx or UPS most of the time. When a package gets to my city via USPS it is usually 3 to 4 days from being delivered. Conversely, when a package gets to my city via UPS or FedEx it is almost guaranteed to be at my door the next day.

Packages I prefer to get FedEx or UPS most of the time. When a package gets to my city via USPS it is usually 3 to 4 days from being delivered. Conversely, when a package gets to my city via UPS or FedEx it is almost guaranteed to be at my door the next day.

USPS delivers small packages more efficiently.

Everybody understands this is neither about rationalization not efficiency. It is only about the fear of downsizing government'.

Those private for profit colleges have done a wonderful job. Same with prisons.

What evidence is there that they haven't done a wonderful job?
All of it.

List one example.
It's not my job to educate your dumb azz. You not knowing that private prisons have been a huge failure and prime example of how privatization cause self perpetuating looting of tax payer funds, or the scams of private colleges, it can only indicate your lack of common knowledge.

No, I don't know that, moron. You made some claims, now its your job to back them up, not mine.

You haven't proven jack shit. You claim private colleges are "looting" the taxpayers. Now prove it or shut the fuck up.

Prove it, dumbass.

Not in my experience. It could still be true of course, but even if it is, what makes it so? Is there anything about what makes it efficient in that regard that could not be duplicated and/or improved upon in the private sector if the USPS was not around?

There are cheap or free ways to get connected to the internet, and there are cheap or free ways of obtaining a PC. Most companies offer the option to pay bills by phone. Other private companies can deliver letters right now, and could easily re-tool to do so more efficiently and cheaply than they currently do given sufficient demand for the service. I also have the option here of dropping my utility bills at the local grocery store for free with no stamp.

There are alternatives available now, and I'm sure more would be made available by private companies if there was any demand for it.

Those private for profit colleges have done a wonderful job. Same with prisons.

What evidence is there that they haven't done a wonderful job?
All of it.

List one example.
It's not my job to educate your dumb azz. You not knowing that private prisons have been a huge failure and prime example of how privatization cause self perpetuating looting of tax payer funds, or the scams of private colleges, it can only indicate your lack of common knowledge.

Something being popularly believed does not make that thing true.

Assuming that something is widely known, does not mean that everyone knows it.

Refusing to provide some information when requested because it is perceived as being widely known does not make your position look stronger.

Asking others to look up facts backing your position when you have failed to provide them is a cop-out.

Give it up Camp. You just keep coming across like a fool.

He's used to it.

Three Big USPS MYTHS:

Myth 1: The USPS' losses show that it's not a viable business

Myth 2. Everyone knows that snail mail is dead, so USPS can't survive

Myth 3. Privatized mail delivery would be cheaper and more effective

Foolish bottom line
If capitalism is about delivering the best goods and services at the cheapest prices -- and not about plutocrats wringing profits from the rest of us -- then why is the USPS being forced to slowly kill itself?

The privatization of public assets is something we've seen over and over and it rarely, if ever, works for the public. The example of Chicago parking meters is just repeated time and again. With a strong profit motive, private companies are highly incentivized to cut service to the bone and raise revenues as fast as possible. That's not in the interest of good public service, where the origins of the post office are.

Congress created the post office as a cabinet-level office in 1792 under specific Constitutional authority. In the past, its expansion into other services was seen as desirable, for instance in banking, when Congress formed the Postal Savings System. From 1911 to 1967, citizens deposited money at the post office and received interest. In 1970, the post office became the quasi-independent U.S. Postal Service. This move was significant, since USPS became a legal monopoly and forced it to operate without subsidies (good!), which were 25% of the 1971 budget. It also allowed the USPS to act more business-like, to borrow and invest.

But now especially, Congress, backed by big money sponsors, refuses to let the USPS act as a business. There's no reason, apart from political will, that reasonable changes -- yes, including modest price increases -- couldn't sustain a public postal system even with its significant challenges.

So the next time you hear about the postal service losing billions of dollars or being unable to compete, remember that it doesn't have to be this way.

More: How the Postal Service Is Being Gutted

That article sums it up nicely.

Forum List

Back