Can anyone demonstrate one lie Trump told?

During the 2016 campaign, Trump was in business negotiations with Russia to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, and he intended to gift KGB Putin with the penthouse, valued at $50 million.

However, Trump denied, denied, and denied he had business relations with Russia all during the campaign. He flat out lied, and he had his man Michael Cohen lie to Congress about it.

1. July 26, 2016:
"I mean, I have nothing to do with Russia. I don't have any jobs in Russia. I'm all over the world but we're not involved in Russia," Trump tells CBS4.

2. July 26, 2016: "For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia," Trump tweets.

3. Oct. 6, 2016: During the second presidential debate, Hillary Clinton says Russia is trying to help elect Trump, "maybe because he wants to do business in Moscow." Trump calls this assessment "so ridiculous," adding, "I know nothing about Russia ... I don't deal there."

4. Oct. 24, 2016: "I have nothing to do with Russia folks, I'll give you a written statement," Trump says at a campaign rally.

5. Jan. 11, 2017: Trump tells reporters that he has "no deals that could happen in Russia because we've stayed away," adding that he could "make deals in Russia very easily" but "I just don't want to because I think that would be a conflict."

6. Jan. 11, 2017: "Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!," Trump tweets.

7. Feb. 7, 2017: Trump tweets, "I don't know Putin, have no deals in Russia, and the haters are going crazy."

8. May 11, 2017: Trump tells NBC News that he has "nothing to do with Russia," other than the fact that he "sold a house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago" and hosted the Miss Universe pageant there once.

Trump spit right into the faces of you rubes and lied to you. That's how much contempt he has for you. But his contempt for the rubes rises to a whole new level when he is caught in a lie or disgracing himself in public.

Trump does not backpedal when caught in a lie or disgracing himself. He never backpedals.

In a scene right out of Orwell's 1984, Trump fabricates a completely new reality and feeds it to you rubes and you turn on a dime and swallow his fantastical new lies like sheep!

After Trump's lie about his business dealings with Russia were outed, this is the fantasy Trump fabricated:

"[a project] we were looking at in Moscow. Everybody knew about it. ...it was a well-known project. It was during the early part of '16"
I don't see a lie there. He didn't have any actual deals or investments with Russia. You claim that he was considering a deal, and that deal never went through. Not a lie.

“Mexico is paying for the wall.”

US trade deficit with Mexico 2016: $63.271 billion
2017: $69.057 billion
2018: $77.712 billion
2019: $99.417 billion
2020: $110.964 billion
I am not picking on you, g5000, not that you would care. You have responsive posts to the OP, and that's what this thread is about. Thank you.

Trump replaced NAFTA with USMCA.

Wall was expected to cost about $20B. USMCA trade deal increased the US GDP about $68B per year.

https://www.usitc.gov/publications/332/pub4889.pdf

Thus, Mexico pays for the wall.

Most importantly, the wall pays for itself, as the costs of illegal immigration are enormous.

Not a lie. Everyone knows Trump did absolutely everything he could to fulfill that campaign promise and the Dems fought him and the media called him a racist for it.

What's not in that video is that his oath was also a lie. He has claimed, in court and elsewhere, that he does not have to abide by it.

Your photos are the truth. From where Trump spoke to the Washington monument is 1.47 miles. Enough to support the claims of Trump. Beyond the Washington monument which is on a rise, is a pool that starts by the Lincoln Memorial. Trump also counted those like me who saw it on the internet. Think how many can be in a distance covering almost 1.5 miles and you see how vast was Trump's guests for his inauguration.

Too bad Trump's crowd didn't extend that far back...

original.jpg

I am not picking on you, g5000, not that you would care. You have responsive posts to the OP, and that's what this thread is about. Thank you.

Trump replaced NAFTA with USMCA.

Wall was expected to cost about $20B. USMCA trade deal increased the US GDP about $68B per year.

https://www.usitc.gov/publications/332/pub4889.pdf

Thus, Mexico pays for the wall.

Most importantly, the wall pays for itself, as the costs of illegal immigration are enormous.

Not a lie. Everyone knows Trump did absolutely everything he could to fulfill that campaign promise and the Dems fought him and the media called him a racist for it.

He said Mexico would write a check.

Oh Jim, I understand the Love you have for trump.

But, he said..... "And I got you a big one" and "You haven't gotten a raise in 10 years."

But I see.
Dude, I was replying to what you wrote:

1701477324429.png

Quit changing quotes.. That's dishonest of you, :)

He was saying it was 10 years since they got a decent raise. In fact, it was eight years. Whoopdeedoo. There is some clear exaggeration in there, but geez, Trump gave troops the bigget raise in eight years, a good thing, and all y'all can do is nitpick his non-perfect words. He's 100x more coherent and accurate than our current POTUS.

Terrible example.

This was not a lie. It was Trump's full intention to repeal and replace Obamacare. Only Congress could do that. What they did to was make ObamaCare no longer mandatory, which was progress towards Trump's goal.

Claiming in the summer of 2020 (after years of similar lies) "We're signing a health care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care plan" was a straight up fucking lie.

He was saying it was 10 years since they got a decent raise. In fact, it was eight years. Whoopdeedoo.
That's dishonest on your part.
He was speaking in the past tense.
"And I got you a big one."
"You haven't had one in 10 years."

Watch the video Jim.

Where did trump EVER say 'decent Raise'....NEVER, it's you that is dishonest.

Trump claims he was scouted by Major League Baseball Scouts ……..He had a .138 Batting Average

On the surface, that seems like a pretty good example with some clear exaggeration.

But if you actually read the article (I admit I only read the first part about baseball), you'll see that Trump said things like....

"I had talent." Well- if he actually hit a home run and won the game like he said, then that is a true statement, not an exaggeration.

Then he also said that "going pro was in the equation.... fortunately I decided to go into real estate instead," which also seems to be true as it is supported by facts.

As for your claim above, that Trump claims he was scouted, the article you linked says otherwise....

"Dobias told the Daily Mail that Trump was scouted by the Boston Red Sox and Philadelphia Phillies"

Are you lying? :)

Claiming in the summer of 2020 (after years of similar lies) "We're signing a health care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care plan" was a straight up fucking lie.

He clearly believes what he is saying in the video, and I don't see it contradicting anything I posted or proving he lied.

To be honest, I am not sure exactly what he is referring to (I don't remember it), but it's clearly court cases he is referring to. I would guess that his plans did not work out as intended. That is not lying, particularly if you attempt to do what you said you would do.

18 states did file a Trump-backed lawsuit to overturn Obamacare which went to the Supreme Court and was dismissed. There may have been other cases.

Again, it's not lying. It's like the wall thing. Trump would have finished the wall if he could have. He tried. He built substantial portions of it. Dems disrupted his plans.

Regards,
Jim

Forum List

Back