Can Anyone Listen to this All the Way Through?

The point is, if a white man used hatred and bigotry to further his comedy career, it would be over.

Hatred is just fine when it's targeted at the majority, if it is targeted at minorities? Not so much. . .

As anyone who knows me knows, I love Seinfeld and I love Kramer's character, but that was more like a complete mental melt down on his part. Not funny either.

2:12............clicked it off..............had enough of the shaking commentary.........Maybe she should have went to the bathroom before making the video.

I think we should come together and say it is unacceptable in all cases and condemn it always. She should be blackballed and forgotten.

The point is, if a white man used hatred and bigotry to further his comedy career, it would be over.

Hatred is just fine when it's targeted at the majority, if it is targeted at minorities? Not so much. . .

As anyone who knows me knows, I love Seinfeld and I love Kramer's character, but that was more like a complete mental melt down on his part. Not funny either.

I agree with you, and Sarah's comedy is hateful as well. . .

I agree with you, and Sarah's comedy is hateful as well. . .

Sometimes, but she's good at the delivery and doesn't come across as a mental case during her stand-up routines.

She's funny sometimes.
And Micheal Richards was funny sometimes also. . . . what is your point?

Comedy has to have an edge to be funny, since it contains an element of pain.

Richards, in the example video, went over that edge and forgot the humor content. Because it's not ONLY about pain.

Silverman, in those videos you posted, employed satire, and did it well.

I do feel bad for Michael Richards, and that the one incident kind of killed his career, but . . . he wasn't very successful after Seinfeld anyways. He was one of those actors that was typecast. Happens a lot. I'll always love Kramer though!

She's funny sometimes.

Richards, in the example video, went over that edge and forgot the humor content. Because it's not ONLY about pain.

I might agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that our world is being sanitized.

Do you even think this skit would be run on SNL today? Seriously?

Watch Word Association from Saturday Night Live on NBC.com

She's funny sometimes.

I might agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that our world is being sanitized.

I'd applaud it, as I did then.

Again, satire dealing with pain. Same thing. Richards forgot to include the satire.

She's funny sometimes.

Again, satire dealing with pain. Same thing. Richards forgot to include the satire.

She's funny sometimes.

Yeah yeah I'm already familiar with the skit. It's famous. Was on a record album too. I knew what you were referring to without the link. Chase and Pryor (RIP) are doing the same thing Silverman was doing --- challenging and mocking stereotypes. What's your point?

Yeah yeah I'm already familiar with the skit. It's famous. Was on a record album too. I knew what you were referring to without the link. Chase and Pryor (RIP) are doing the same thing Silverman was doing --- challenging and mocking stereotypes. What's your point?

Lenny Bruce was an edgy an anti-establishment Jew. Sarah is just hateful. She isn't challenging, she is just reinforcing.

Lenny Bruce was an edgy an anti-establishment Jew. Sarah is just hateful. She isn't challenging, she is just reinforcing.

I don't see the difference, other than that the Silverman video is far more clever, though it's unfair to compare the delivery of two different times.

Nor do I see what your point was supposed to be.

I don't see the difference, other than that the Silverman video is far more clever, though it's unfair to compare the delivery of two different times.

One type of comedian reduces hate, the other increases hate.

One type of comedian reduces hate, the other increases hate.

I really don't see which is which.

I do see a whole page of posts off the topic for the apparent purpose of Poisoning the Well. Your first reference was a worthy joke, let's move on already.

Forum List

Back