Can Atheists be Moral?

Your question is a loaded question. If you read history, Christianity has triumphed against prevailing evils. Ours is a nation based on Christianity. Now comes the "loaded" part. You claim God murdered humanity, but he had just cause. Sin kills.

Now let me ask you a question and it's not loaded like yours? Do you believe in that we live in the matrix and that our existence, everything around us, Earth and universe is like a software program?

Are We Living in a Computer Simulation?
Your question is a loaded question. If you read history, Christianity has triumphed against prevailing evils. Ours is a nation based on Christianity. Now comes the "loaded" part. You claim God murdered humanity, but he had just cause. Sin kills.

Ours is a nation based on Christianity ...

View attachment 242622

no, when they wrote the constitution they did everything possible to distance the new nation from all religions particularly christianity ... as reflected by your own evasiveness in regards to christianity's culpability with evil throughout history.

You claim God murdered humanity, but he (they) had just cause.

not for the reason christianity represents in their 4th century forged christian bible, for the reason depicted in the above relief - your relatives from the past.

LMAO. Those aren't an example of real Christians. Your argument is hasty generalization or arguments from small numbers fallacy.

Also, I answered your "loaded" question, but you failed to answer mine. Nevermind. Your answer to that will be fallacious, too haha.
I gave you more than small numbers. I gave you the United States of America. A so called Christian nation that continued owning blacks when the rest of the world stopped because they knew it was wrong.

I guess America wasn’t a real Christian nation.

What was it then?
I say it was a real Christian nation. A real immoral Christian nation.

The point is, can theists be moral? Seems like their holy books don’t stop them from being immoral.

So this thread is shit. Can atheists be moral? Sure. Just about the same as Christians. It’s subjective. No perfect holy book guides us to be perfect.

If the Bible was written perfectly how did christians put up with such an immoral practice such as slavery.

Oh yea, those weren’t real Christians.

I think you'd better define morality.

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Can atheists be moral? - Atheist Alliance International
Morals are very personal. I am an atheist, have never been religious, and I have my own very strong set of morals.
However, in my experience, I've noticed that a huge proportion of people, many in this very forum, who are disillusioned Christians, rather than atheists from birth such as my siblings and myself, do not seem to have any morals whatsoever. Because their original morals taught to them as children by their family were based squarely on their religion, when they lose their religious faith, their morals tend to go out the window with it.

They end up being extraordinarily immoral piece of shit motherfuckers when they get older.

AKA Democrats.
We are good people. What examples can you give that illustrate how you’re a more moral atheist than us. I can’t wait to hear this spin
What about that whole being a Democrat thing? Forget that little bitty error, did you? Everyone on this forum knows that you are obviously a Democrat! How do you expect to explain that away?

Being a Democrat is some very evil shit! Dude. In other words, very immoral shit.

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Morals are very personal. I am an atheist, have never been religious, and I have my own very strong set of morals.
However, in my experience, I've noticed that a huge proportion of people, many in this very forum, who are disillusioned Christians, rather than atheists from birth such as my siblings and myself, do not seem to have any morals whatsoever. Because their original morals taught to them as children by their family were based squarely on their religion, when they lose their religious faith, their morals tend to go out the window with it.

They end up being extraordinarily immoral piece of shit motherfuckers when they get older.

AKA Democrats.
We are good people. What examples can you give that illustrate how you’re a more moral atheist than us. I can’t wait to hear this spin
What about that whole being a Democrat thing? Forget that little bitty error, did you? Everyone on this forum knows that you are obviously a Democrat! How do you expect to explain that away?

Being a Democrat is some very evil shit! Dude. In other words, very immoral shit.

They were nice, once upon a time.

AKA Democrats.

and yet you voted for trump.......

I would define Morality somewhere between not Republican or Democrat, as well as, as far the fuck away from Donald Trump's lying pathos as humanly possible.

If this definition is not clear, it's open to follow-up questions.

I would define Morality somewhere between not Republican or Democrat, as well as, as far the fuck away from Donald Trump's lying pathos as humanly possible.

I can just imagine how bad his gas is..

AKA Democrats.

So were the Jews, right before God stopped the human sacrifice punking of Abraham..

It would be funny if the archetype displayed in the Pinocchio story actually had that nose effect in real life.

It would take Melania 5 minutes to prefer his nose to his jewels.

It would be funny if the archetype displayed in the Pinocchio story actually had that nose effect in real life.

It would take Melania 5 minutes to prefer his nose to his jewels.
Hopefully it doesn't impale her while he's lying..

AKA Democrats.

So were the Jews, right before God stopped the human sacrifice punking of Abraham..

You're that old?

AKA Democrats.

You're that old?
A little older really....

When one is a serial liar that person either has mental issues or don't know what they be talking about.
He def. has mental issues. Ive known since the 90s when he was on the Stern show, extensively. For all intents and purposes, he was treated as a whack-packer, unwittingly.

Its still pretty shocking to me that the most OBVIOUS case of the fulla-shit schmooze artist in Trump wasn't apparent to so many humans.

But then....Hillary was his opponent and she doesn't resonate with barely anyone, personality wise.

Trump folks are a near cult, which is an explanation for the cognitive dissonance with his serial lying.

When one is a serial liar that person either has mental issues or don't know what they be talking about.
He def. has mental issues. Ive known since the 90s when he was on the Stern show, extensively. For all intents and purposes, he was treated as a whack-packer, unwittingly.

Its still pretty shocking to me that the most OBVIOUS case of the fulla-shit schmooze artist in Trump wasn't apparent to so many humans.

But then....Hillary was his opponent and she doesn't resonate with barely anyone, personality wise.

Trump folks are a near cult, which is an explanation for the cognitive dissonance with his serial lying.

When a person puts all of their stock and sense of self worth into winning, lying cheating and stealing is par for the course.

When a person puts all of their stock and sense of self worth into winning, lying cheating and stealing is par for the course.
Its deeper than that, his lies arent just to win. He lies about what he said, on video, 3 minutes ago....

About stuff like what he's had for breakfast.

Maybe it originated with his penchant for ripping folks off in Business dealings - but its certainly cut realllllly deep into his psychii.

The saddest shit is that when Decorated heros of the Armed services have the mettle and honor to speak the truth about him after their attempts to integrate into his Administration, all of a sudden many Conservatives are willing to tear down their sacred cows JUST for their new Daddy.

Its fun, but itll end up just a phase

Last edited:

Its deeper than that, his lies arent just to win. He lies about what he said, on video, 3 minutes ago....

About stuff like what he's had for breakfast.

Maybe it originated with his penchant for ripping folks off in Business dealings - but its certainly cut realllllly deep into his psychii.

The saddest shit is that when Decorated heros of the Armed services have the mettle and honor to speak the truth about him after their attempts to integrate into his Administration, all of a sudden many Conservatives are willing to tear down theor sacred cows JUST for their new Daddy.

Its fun, but itll end up just a phase

Yes, sad but true,

in the national pursuit of a more perfect union, many people have yet to get out of bed.

Is this getting political now?
Politics and morality are certainly connected, so it's not uncommon Id presume.

I went to the grocery store the other day with an overflowing cart and when they asked for the money I told them that Trump said they would help out and then they looked at me as if I was crazy.

I don't know if it was because of what was in my cart or because I believed Trump..

I will pray on it.

Forum List

Back